ADVERTISEMENT

If not Urban, stop f***ing around and go get Fleck.

I don’t know why you think this.. On the contrary, I’ve been one of the few that doesn’t have a problem with Fleck and think he is one of the better Coaches in the B1G..

I don’t think he will leave Minnesota and I don’t think TA is going to grab another B1G head coach..
I apologize, got you confused with Headcard I think.

Reactions: scarletred
To the Minnesota fans posting hear wondering why Fleck would make a lateral move and start over… $$$$.

I have never seen a coach more motivated by money than Fleck. That’s why he would leave, if the paycheck is large enough. If Minnesota is willing to match whatever Nebraska (or any other school might offer) then maybe he stays. But I don’t think he stays on a lesser salary.
The reason he has not left is that his wife told him NO. Stay put, let the kids grow up in one place. He makes plenty of money for what he does.

• Haha
Reactions: headcard
The reason he has not left is that his wife told him NO. Stay put, let the kids grow up in one place. He makes plenty of money for what he does.
Does he listen to anyone other than himself?

If what you are saying is true, good for him. But money is still a huge draw for him and as much as he says he likes it here in minnesota, he said the exact same things when he was coaching at western central Michigan tech (whatever it was). Not completely convinced he’s a lifer in minnesota. But I don’t have any info that says otherwise.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Does he listen to anyone other than himself?

If what you are saying is true, good for him. But money is still a huge draw for him and as much as he says he likes it here in minnesota, he said the exact same things when he was coaching at western central Michigan tech (whatever it was). Not completely convinced he’s a lifer in minnesota. But I don’t have any info that says otherwise.

No, not a lifer. This is just what I read about him a couple of years back.

It makes sense. Why else would you stay at Minnesota willingly?

Reactions: timnsun
No, not a lifer. This is just what I read about him a couple of years back.

It makes sense. Why else would you stay at Minnesota willingly?
Because he’s in the Big Ten and isn’t forced to live in a small college town. He and his wife love the Twin Cities. They’re also in the process of building a new home on Lake Minnetonka. He’s not going anywhere.

Because he’s in the Big Ten and isn’t forced to live in a small college town. He and his wife love the Twin Cities. They’re also in the process of building a new home on Lake Minnetonka. He’s not going anywhere.
Good. We don't want him. Plus, only pricks live on Lake Minnetonka.

The new wife told him that? Sure, the most selfish person on planet Earth is at Minnesota because his wife wants him to stay.

Reactions: BleedRed78
what’s to love about the twin cities?

absolute shithole

Consistently ranked as one of the very best places to live in the country year after year. God you’re dumb.
You are joking right...are you at all familiar with the last 4 years?

I don't want PJ at all, I hope you guys have him for 30 years...but come on.

Yes, a coach that turned a 8 win team into a 8 win team and is a selfish creep is the best we can do. Forget guys like Campbell, Leipold and Ruhle actually turned losing programs into winners….
I LOVE PJ because the dude invented the phrase "year zero" so that your firs year coaching doesn't count!

They suck this year and my god, next year...they will be begging forJK

Yes, a coach that turned a 8 win team into a 8 win team and is a selfish creep is the best we can do. Forget guys like Campbell, Leipold and Ruhle actually turned losing programs into winners….
He has an 11 win season and top 10 ranking at Minnesota where he has to develop 3 star average talent and will probably win the west this year. I don't get the Campbell hate either but comparing all trench play of all teams under the other coaches you mentioned, I'll take Fleck over any of them because he runs it and then runs it again

Not by me

that dump should’ve burned down during the riots

would not have been missed
I’m guessing 18 Fortune 500 companies would have been missed (19 if you count Medtronic, which ‘moved’ it’s headquarters to Ireland a few years ago for tax purposes)…

In the past, 8 wins was achievable (even likely) with a 3-5 conference record. It's VERY MISLEADING how the Fleck-haters tout the 8-win seasons of the past.

The truth is...in the last 2 full seasons, Fleck has given MN their 2 best conference records since 1973.

In the past, 8 wins was achievable (even likely) with a 3-5 conference record. It's VERY MISLEADING how the Fleck-haters tout the 8-win seasons of the past.

The truth is...in the last 2 full seasons, Fleck has given MN their 2 best conference records since 1973.
Ok I’ll bite… how do you get 8 wins (likely) going 3-5 in conference when you had a 12 game season with 4 nonconference games? Was it common for minnesota to sweep the nonconference games and win their bowl game?

Huskerhusaria said minnesota fans were smart, but you’re challenging that theory.

I LOVE PJ because the dude invented the phrase "year zero" so that your firs year coaching doesn't count!

They suck this year and my god, next year...they will be begging forJK
That's because guys like you, the Fleck haters, try to mislead.

You say he's a .500 coach. Yeah...he inherits a 1-12 dumpster fire at W. Michigan...and in year 3 he's 13-1. But you call him .500.

Same thing at Minnesota. 11-2 in year 3. You rip him for the Covid year (partial season, 40+ players suspended, etc). But he bounced right back after that.

Reactions: Bruce1981

8 win seasons were likely, huh? 2 under fleck (so far) 1 with Claeys, 2 with Kill, 3 with Mason. Not bad… then nothing until Warmath in 1967.

8 out of 55 says it wasn’t very likely.

Ok I’ll bite… how do you get 8 wins (likely) going 3-5 in conference when you had a 12 game season with 4 nonconference games? Was it common for minnesota to sweep the nonconference games and win their bowl game?

Huskerhusaria said minnesota fans were smart, but you’re challenging that theory.
4 cupcake non-conference games and a crappy Bowl.

8 win seasons were likely, huh? 2 under fleck (so far) 1 with Claeys, 2 with Kill, 3 with Mason. Not bad… then nothing until Warmath in 1967.

8 out of 55 says it wasn’t very likely.
'Likely' as in 8 wins wasn't too difficult with our schedules and with 3 conference wins. Or at least 7 wins. Under previous coaches, 5-3 in the Big Ten was our high watermark...all the way back to 1973. With many bad & very-bad conference records mixed in.

Last edited:
That's because guys like you, the Fleck haters, try to mislead.

You say he's a .500 coach. Yeah...he inherits a 1-12 dumpster fire at W. Michigan...and in year 3 he's 13-1. But you call him .500.

Same thing at Minnesota. 11-2 in year 3. You rip him for the Covid year (partial season, 40+ players suspended, etc). But he bounced right back after that.
I just said I love him, weirdo.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT