ADVERTISEMENT

If Frost comes to NU, do any current assistants stay?

Lol. Yes, let's keep those amazing defensive staff members (because their performance is so damn good). We know Parrella gets a pass in perpetuity, but not sure why any of the rest would have a chance. They didn't even play here, so there is no way they could ever do good here.

Pretty safe to assume that everybody from the offensive side of the ball will be gone, but what about the defense? Diaco, JP, Williams?

I would interview Diaco, but if Frost wants to run a 4-3 he s gonzo. I think Parrella has done a good job. He needs to get top recruiters to this place, so I would interview several of the defensive staff.

I would interview Diaco, but if Frost wants to run a 4-3 he s gonzo. I think Parrella has done a good job. He needs to get top recruiters to this place, so I would interview several of the defensive staff.
Yes. Parrella has done great. Stand up wear skates.

Lol. Yes, let's keep those amazing defensive staff members (because their performance is so damn good). We know Parrella gets a pass in perpetuity, but not sure why any of the rest would have a chance. They didn't even play here, so there is no way they could ever do good here.

It's too bad Diaco didn't run out onto the field and cuss out Urban Meyer at the end of the game. That would have earned him honorary Nebraska guy status.

They usually keep a coach or two for recruiting and transition reasons. Williams, Williams and JP would be the best candidates. Chandelier (UCF, DC) is also a viable option to take the HC job when Frost leaves, which would change things dramatically.

Last edited:
What happened to Bray? He was the big name in year 1. Since then he never gets talked about.

Linebacker play will do that to a guy.
Yup. When the line allows backers to be mauled by playing so bad.... it kills a defense. But like I say, Parrella gets a pass. No questions asked.

Both williams probably. Holds the class mostly together and they can add from there. Maybe parella if they improve down the stretch. Maybe diaco if they improve down the stretch and new coach is comfy with 3-4.

Also depends on who can come with...

I can only see JP having a real immediate coaching future. The other guys might want to consider the high school ranks because I'm not seeing much from them.

Honestly not sure any of our assistants are better than their UCF counterparts.
If people had any credibility they would stop excusing terrible line play on BOTH sides of the ball. Are Akinmuladon or Stoltenberg even on the team anymore?

Frost will only keep the A players because his philosophy demands accountability and urgency. You don’t go 6-0 for the first time in UCF school history with magic pixie dust and after watching every UCF game, they didn’t get there by luck.

IF he decides to come home after Riley, I seriously don’t even know if he’d keep Parrella, let alone anyone on this staff.

Other than JP, the jury is out for me on everyone else.

Last edited:
Reactions: otismotis08
What weaknesses are there on Frost's current staff? Who on Frost's current staff is looking for opportunity somewhere else? To me, those types of questions dictate who would be in the running to transition from Riley's staff to Frost's staff.

Riley's problems stemmed from hiring his buddies instead of doing an actual search for the best assistants. Why on earth are people wanting Frost to do the same thing?

Riley's problems stemmed from hiring his buddies instead of doing an actual search for the best assistants. Why on earth are people wanting Frost to do the same thing?
Because they know Scott Frost. It's precious.

Pretty safe to assume that everybody from the offensive side of the ball will be gone, but what about the defense? Diaco, JP, Williams?
I'd love Frost to come here and he has everybody hyped up right now. However, I don't think he is ready for this just yet. 2 or 3 more years of success and I'd say he'll yes. Truth is UCF toughest games Maryland whom had to go 3rd string QB, Navy=good team and Memphis. If the stat is I seen earlier is correct, UCF 125th in penalties. Nebraska fans will have Frost ran out of town in a hurry. I'd love to go after Gary Patterson or Matt Campbell at this point in time.

I would think you would want:
1. frazier as qb coach, or gill, crouch as reserves
2. rozier as rb coach, or creig or rathmen, can't get LP, green as reserves
3. remmington or will shields as O-line coach, steinkular or incognito as reserves
4. fryer or davison as recivers coach, westercamp as reserves
5. christian peter or suh as d-line coach, noonan, winstrom or j peters as reserves
6. demorio or farley as lb coach, munford or mike brown as reserve
7. miles or prince as cb coach, ralph brown or bret clark as reserves
8. chris brown as special teams coach, or that other great kicker we had.

Frost as head coach and ron brown as assistant head coach. trev alberts as reserves.

I would think you would want:
1. frazier as qb coach, or gill, crouch as reserves
2. rozier as rb coach, or creig or rathmen, can't get LP, green as reserves
3. remmington or will shields as O-line coach, steinkular or incognito as reserves
4. fryer or davison as recivers coach, westercamp as reserves
5. christian peter or suh as d-line coach, noonan, winstrom or j peters as reserves
6. demorio or farley as lb coach, munford or mike brown as reserve
7. miles or prince as cb coach, ralph brown or bret clark as reserves
8. chris brown as special teams coach, or that other great kicker we had.

Frost as head coach and ron brown as assistant head coach. trev alberts as reserves.

Your sarcasm has been noted. Now get back to realistic life.

Your sarcasm has been noted. Now get back to realistic life.
I wasn't being sarcastic. I'd like to see what that group could do.
they all would know what they are talking about.
I forgot our current d-line coach with over a decade NFL experience...would have to give him a chance also

Reactions: BigRedBeliever
That’s the distinction - hiring someone you know (or have worked with before) vs hiring someone that you consider a “friend”

Sure, but a good manager will interview all applicants before hiring someone just because they've worked well together in the past.

Reactions: HuskerDana
You can't be asking your new coach to retain old coaches.. I'm very surprised they pulled that type of thing before and got away with it. Highly unprofessional. The new coach hires whomever he wants to and without the administration's meddling in it.

Possibly because UCF doesn't suck like Oregon State did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT