ADVERTISEMENT

If Cincinatti gets left out.....

Notre Dame will be 5. Bearcats are in. Georgia too.
Losing their coach might have cost Notre Dame a spot. I doubt their AD cares all that much about that though. Cincinnati needs to play a tough non-con including several upper tier P5 teams or NOT bitch about getting left out of the playoff.

Georgia should be out. If not, this will encourage teams to continue to lose on purpose to help their conference.

Only having 4 teams make it is a total joke to begin with. It's not a real National Championship. No moreso than would a 4-team basketball championship.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
Notre Dame will be 5. Bearcats are in. Georgia too.
The question is, who deserves it more than Notre Dame and Georgia? Notre Dame hasn't beaten any ranked opponents. Georgia has a couple wins over some lower ranked teams (Clemson and Arkansas), but they got blown out by Alabama who didn't exactly look like world beaters against Auburn a week earlier.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Georgia should be out. If not, this will encourage teams to continue to lose on purpose to help their conference.

Only having 4 teams make it is a total joke to begin with. It's not a real National Championship. No moreso than would a 4-team basketball championship.
I don't think Georgia lost on purpose, they were just exposed.

Losing their coach might have cost Notre Dame a spot. I doubt their AD cares all that much about that though. Cincinnati needs to play a tough non-con including several upper tier P5 teams or NOT bitch about getting left out of the playoff.
Cincinnati beat ND so if ND pushes them out they would have a legitimate bitch.

Is Fickell going to stay? Openings are becoming more limited. Thought for sure that OU would go after him

also thought Campbell would leave as well

Where have you been? Hell the SEC been doing this for years and they even get a team not in the SEC CCG get in..

Is Fickell going to stay? Openings are becoming more limited. Thought for sure that OU would go after him

ADs recognize what I've been saying all along about Fickell. He's an average coach who caught lightening in a bottle in a weak conference. Campbell's crappy losses this year cost him a huge payday probably.

I think Fickell is waiting to see if Ryan Day will go to the NFL someday, it's obvious that Ohio State is his dream job.

Plus, with the playoffs likely expanding to 12 teams, it would make sense to stay at Cincinnati. Especially if the Big 12 gets an automatic bid. He will have a good chance to make the playoffs every year at Cincy.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADs recognize what I've been saying all along about Fickell. He's an average coach who caught lightening in a bottle in a weak conference. Campbell's crappy losses this year cost him a huge payday probably.
Do you think Frosts struggles as well as some other AAC power 5 hire struggles have cooled power 5 programs from looking at hot AAC coaches as favorably?

Do you think Frosts struggles as well as some other AAC power 5 hire struggles have cooled power 5 programs from looking at hot AAC coaches as favorably?
Maybe but Fickell is not an impressive guy in interviews. He comes off as a doofus and his interim job at Ohio State was a disaster with a loaded cupboard and virtually no staff turnover. I think he could post winning records at a school like USC but he isn't a guy who is going to win conference championships at LSU or USC. JMO. I kind of like the guy but I think most of the jobs that were available were over his head.

1) Bama
2) Michigan
3) Georgia
4) Cincy
5) Notre Dame
6) Baylor
7) Ohio State

Is my prediction. I'm too lazy this morning to look up the rest of the top 10 lol.

They're still a damned good team it's just that their DC and defense aren't as good as we thought. Obviously they hadn't been tested very well. You could make an argument that Texas A&M is a better team than Georgia.
Isn't Texas A&M 7-5? If a 7-5 team is arguably better than a 12-1 team, that isn't a very good indication they deserve a playoff spot.

Cincinatti will get more respect when they move from the AAC to the Big 12. Losing Oklahoma hurt the Big 12, but Baylor and Oklahoma State proved they can certainly compete. Cincinnati vs either Baylor or Oklahoma State would be fun games to watch.

The question is, who deserves it more than Notre Dame and Georgia?
The eye test - to my eye at least - is that Georgia is a better team than Notre Dame. There has never been a moment this year where I thought Notre Dame was one of the 4 best teams. I’ve had Georgia in my top 4 since August.

I understand that your mileage may vary.

Isn't Texas A&M 7-5? If a 7-5 team is arguably better than a 12-1 team, that isn't a very good indication they deserve a playoff spot.
I didn't say they deserved to be a playoff team. I said you could make the argument that they're a better team than Georgia based on their performance against Alabama

In the history of CFB I have serious doubts a team has ever lost on purpose so-as another team in their conference can partake in the spoils that would await.

That would be a travesty. They deserve to be there more than Notre Dame because they beat them. They deserve to be there more than Georgia because Georgia got blown out by Alabama.
Why would Cincinnati get left out? There’s literally zero chance that happens. They’re currently 4th. ND didn’t play so why would they jump Cincy after they beat a ranked team handily?

Unless you think Baylor could jump them? But they won’t.

Now if Okie State won Cincy would have something to worry about…

I think right four teams made it, ND played one good to great team and lost to them and that team didn’t lose at all. Don’t think any other team has a legit gripe. Glad cincy made it so we can see a non power 5 get a chance, no matter what happens with them.

Reactions: BleedRed78

I think you've said that a couple times. Is it your position that Georgia lost on purpose?

I didn't say they deserved to be a playoff team. I said you could make the argument that they're a better team than Georgia based on their performance against Alabama

You can make the argument that they are better than Michigan and Cincinnati based off that performance. You can also make the argument they are better than Alabama based off that performance......

We are very fortunate we did not have to play them last season.

That would be a travesty. They deserve to be there more than Notre Dame because they beat them. They deserve to be there more than Georgia because Georgia got blown out by Alabama.
I agree with them over ND but Georgia, hell no.

I think he'll wait till the right job opens up.

They had us on the schedule last year. That must have been a one game arrangement rather than a home and away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT