ADVERTISEMENT

What would the CFP committee done if…

timnsun

Head Coach
Jan 25, 2008
Georgia beat Alabama? What would the 4 teams have been?

I contend it would be Georgia, Michigan, Washington and Florida State. I think Texas would have been on the outside looking in.

Which makes what happened that much worse, in my opinion. Florida state should not have been left out.

If this was discussed in one of the other threads, apologies, ignore this one.

Georgia beat Alabama? What would the 4 teams have been?

I contend it would be Georgia, Michigan, Washington and Florida State. I think Texas would have been on the outside looking in.

Which makes what happened that much worse, in my opinion. Florida state should not have been left out.

If this was discussed in one of the other threads, apologies, ignore this one.
Youre correct. FSU gets in over Texas. But Bama got in and they knew the Texas beat Bama drum would have been a loud one.

UGA 14.5 point favorite over FSU. If you believe FSU is a top 4 team, go and place your bets. Should be easy money right?

I think we got an exciting playoff and not a tune up game for Michigan.
This tired and worn out talking point…

Get some new material. GA and FSU outcome has no bearing on which four teams should be in. You have one bad case of recency bias

UGA 14.5 point favorite over FSU. If you believe FSU is a top 4 team, go and place your bets. Should be easy money right?

Tell me how much Oregon was favored by over Washington again?

If the seniors on FSU's defense play, they're gonna make Georgia's offense look sillier than Bama did. I actually would support the Seminoles coming out and taking a knee every play

If Georgia beat Bama, would it be Texas or FSU in the 4th spot? Seriously, what do you honestly think the committee would have done?

Reactions: baseball31ne
Florida State would not have been a tune up game for Michigan either. Think back to TCU last year.
These casuals believe Michigan has a superior offense to FSU in its current state. Only Washington and Texas can truly make that claim. Since it's subjective now, might as well just make that game for the national title since we punish teams with poor offensive performances.

Reactions: moralvictories
Tell me how much Oregon was favored by over Washington again?

If the seniors on FSU's defense play, they're gonna make Georgia's offense look sillier than Bama did. I actually would support the Seminoles coming out and taking a knee every play
Yeah.. I do wonder how many fsu guys just skip and prep for nfl. These type of games are hard to predict. Will fsu come out with a chip on their shoulder, or be deflated

Reactions: Bruce1981
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT