ADVERTISEMENT

I miss the Big 12

Oh ya josh brown is a husker too, Penn state is gross and I wish they got the death penalty but you wankers using it as reasons to get out of the conference have short memories of why we really left b12 - Texas and their constant BS

Iowa State fans would welcome you back to the Big 12. You beat us a lot but added greatly to the conference.

It's not going to happen but I don't think any fan base in the Big XII would be against it and most would be for it.

I even saw some non-vile Husker sentiment on the Texas free board earlier this season. I was surprised, nothing like what I've seen there in the past. But maybe they've all been humbled a bit as well with their more recent coaching issues? Nobody in Texas ever wants to be watching or playing football games at midnight, and they'd rather join the Big 10 than the SEC so if they have to play in the snow they'd rather it be Nebraska than Minnesota or Wisconsin.

It would be a conference re-start very unlike what happened in '96 that's for sure.

Great game against WVU by the way, Cyclone. One of the most fun games I've seen in awhile. You guys are going to be very tough--

Yeah, I wish I could turn back time. I'd give it all to you. Haha. Anyways, no. No to the B12. There's a reason we left. It wasn't just so we could suck. It wasn't because Texas owned us. It was because the rest of the Big 8 teams voted with Texas and made us weaker. They can suck it. I miss those rivalries, but it was clear that Texas could leave the B12 at any time and the B12 could fall apart, leaving us as an addition to a non-P5 conference. Eff that. We did the best thing for us, academically and athletically. It's not the Big Ten's fault that we are not a powerhouse. That's on us. It's there for the taking. The B1G West is weak. We should be dominating or at the top every year. We have the big money now and it will take time to develop rivalries that we had in the B12. Now, if OU had still been our end of year rivalry game every year in the Big 12, but OU pussed out.

The Purdue game was just like that aTm game and it was at home, against freaking Purdue. But why do you love the B1G? The football isn’t as fun or exciting and the fan bases are far from great. Look at the way opposing fans are treated at Wisconsin and PSU, makes Colorado fans looks civil. Yes we are getting alot more $$, but that hasn’t done anything for our football program.
Nebraska is not making a lot more money by being in the Big Ten. Last year the Big Ten schools got 34.8 million per school and the Big 12 schools got 34.8 million per school not counting each schools tier 3 money which the Big Ten does not have. Texas alone gets 15 million for their tier 3 money and most of the other schools get enough tier 3 money to put them well over 40 million. The SEC paid each school last year around 40.3 million and also does not have tier 3 money. Nebraska would make more money in the Big 12 with their tier 3 rights.

The Big 12 is an absolute joke defensively right now, the only two teams that play even an ounce of defense are Texas and Iowa state, not surprising to see some of the success they’re having. Maybe the rest of the big 12 will figure it out, but there’s a reason they have zero playoff wins and almost certainly won’t have a playoff team this year.

Nebraska is not making a lot more money by being in the Big Ten. Last year the Big Ten schools got 34.8 million per school and the Big 12 schools got 34.8 million per school not counting each schools tier 3 money which the Big Ten does not have. Texas alone gets 15 million for their tier 3 money and most of the other schools get enough tier 3 money to put them well over 40 million. The SEC paid each school last year around 40.3 million and also does not have tier 3 money. Nebraska would make more money in the Big 12 with their tier 3 rights.

Fiscal year 2017-2018 the Big Ten lead the way with over $50M per school and that number is likely to go up this year. I’m sorry but a $10M dollar a year increase over the Big 12 is pretty substantial. Even if you add in Tier 3 money we’re still probably making more in the Big Ten.

And as I’ve said twice before in this thread. Despite popular opinion it’s not all about football. CIC research money is $10 BILLION, distributed amount the 14 Big Ten schools. The Big 12 will likely never match that. NU is not going to walk away from a $10B dollar pool of money on the chance that we MAY break even in sports TV revenue by going back to the Big 12. You all are living a pipe dream. It’s not happening. Not now, and not anytime in the near or even distant future. The Big Ten is home. It’s time everyone got used to it and moved on.

Fiscal year 2017-2018 the Big Ten lead the way with over $50M per school and that number is likely to go up this year. I’m sorry but a $10M dollar a year increase over the Big 12 is pretty substantial. Even if you add in Tier 3 money we’re still probably making more in the Big Ten.

And as I’ve said twice before in this thread. Despite popular opinion it’s not all about football. CIC research money is $10 BILLION, distributed amount the 14 Big Ten schools. The Big 12 will likely never match that. NU is not going to walk away from a $10B dollar pool of money on the chance that we MAY break even in sports TV revenue by going back to the Big 12. You all are living a pipe dream. It’s not happening. Not now, and not anytime in the near or even distant future. The Big Ten is home. It’s time everyone got used to it and moved on.

You are probably right, but "geographic fit" or "culture" would seem to be better in the Big 12. I know I am living in the past, but I miss the road trips to Lincoln and Boulder. Good luck going forward.

Reactions: headcard
The Big 12 is an absolute joke defensively right now, the only two teams that play even an ounce of defense are Texas and Iowa state, not surprising to see some of the success they’re having. Maybe the rest of the big 12 will figure it out, but there’s a reason they have zero playoff wins and almost certainly won’t have a playoff team this year.
So you’re saying we’d fit right in?

Reactions: Huskred01

It is true that with the new TV contract Nebraska will make 50 million this year which is great. But just to be honest about it I went to the web to see the money Nebraska has made in the Big Ten to date compaired to the Big 12. To not exaggerate the numbers I will compare the Big Ten payout to Nebraska with Kansas State which is one of lowest revenue schools in the Big 12 (Oklahoma, Texas, etc made a lot more money). Nebraska joined the Big Ten in 2011 and made 14 mil. In 2012 =15.4 mil, in 2013= 16.9 mil, in 2014 = 18.6 mil, in 2014 = 18.6 mil, in 2015 = 19.8 mil, in 2016 =21.2 mil, and in 2017 = 22 mil. The total Big Ten revenue to date for Nebraska is 127.9 million.
The Kansas State Big 12 revenue in 2011 = 12 mil, in 2012 =20.9 mil, in 2013 = 22.6 mil, in 2014 =23.3 mil, in 2015 = 28.9 mil, in 2016 = 30.4 mil, in 2017 = 35.8 mil for a total of 172.9 million the Big 12 has paid Kansas State. These numbers also do not include the 29 million in tier 3 money that Kansas State made during those years. When the tier 3 money is added Kansas State made 201.9 million and Nebraska made 127.9 million. In other words Kansas State has made 74 million dollars more than Nebraska since Nebraska made the move to the Big Ten. And as stated at the beginning Kansas State is one of the lowest revenue teams in the Big 12. Texas made a lot more. It is great that Nebraska will make 50 mil this year but even Kansas State will make well over 40 mil this year. So to be honest about it Nebraska has many years before they even catch up with Kansas State in revenue since they joined the Big Ten.

Congrats on your #1 beating maybe our #5 at best. ISU vs Iowa was a straight loss. KU beat Rutgers. So 1-2.

The 2 Big 12 alphas Have scoreboard on your 2 tho. The heavies is what defines conferences. The other teams flock to play with them. Bottom line.

I’m not dumb enough to think we don’t need Nebraska. They’ve been a cornerstone of the big 8/12 for 100 years. It’s absolutely ridiculous what happened 7 years ago and I want it annulled. THe big slow conference gonna Big slow and it’s killed the Nebraska recruiting and overall vibe. Mama in Texas or Cali doesn’t want to travel to New Jersey to watch her son.

And No fan in KC (where a ton of NU alumni live) i know likes being in that conference. They just were pissed at Texas but you can beat Texas on the damn field and the Big 12 has balanced its power lately again.

Maryland vs Texas?
Our little dog killed your big dog!

Reactions: Huskred01
I'm sorry. I don't see anything Frost has said or done that warrants you completely losing your shit repeatedly. Look in the mirror, bud. I think the "problem" is within your control. Or at least it could be if you could put your hate aside.

Watch the post Purdue presser .. listen to his comments after Northwestern. If you don’t realize it, it’s probably because you have a big 12 mindset and a different idea of the respect you pay your opponent.

You are really this butthurt because you don’t think Frost kissed Purdue’s ass enough in the post game press conference a couple weeks ago? You seriously need to seek professional help, asap

Not just that.. he keeps running his mouth. They were not better than Northwestern and they should not have won. “But we made mistakes.” That’s who you ARE.. that is NOT different from anything you’ve shown lol...

Look who’s talking. This was funny. Our #5 ran your #1 off the field for 3 Q’s and hold two fluke plays would have played to the wire (shovel pass to defender and a 10 yard punt). Our #1 ran your #1 off their own field last year.

How is the Big Slow NOT a joke? Plz tell me. Was hyped as good as the SEC this year and completely has collapsed. Heck, the Big 12 could make an argument in a “down year” for being pound for pound with the B1G this year top to bottom.

Your entire conference is hanging on one natty in 2014 by the only team in your conference capable of winning one. Big 12 has two. OSU has 7 and Michigan has .5 natties in the poll era while OU and Texas share 11 legit between the two.

When was the last b-ball natty in the Big Slow? Like 1980? Not that Nebraska cares about b-ball but still rough for the B1G.

Nebraska won 5 natties in our conferences bc it ran them as an anchor and it benefitted from being close to its recruiting arteries. The Big10 has killed that. Just looked at the rankings and also where those players are from.

2009 for example: 1/3 of their kids from Cali, 1/5 from Texas and 10 win teams playing for a conf championship. Now? I’m sad to even look.

NU doesn’t belong in the Big 10 and it had a nice chance at being Big Boys like the Big 12 of old and the SEC, but I just don’t see it working out when you added Rutgers and Maryland to water it down. Terrible decision making.

Remember when your best team ever “had to play Drew Brees and Purdue, ugh ...”. You lost.

Nebraska was a big 12 power .. they’ve been very ordinary here. Any team you have would recruit worse with the big ten schedule. There’s no hiding.. except against Rutgers lol. There’s now 3-5 game stretches where you “get well” and secure your recruiting class.

Maryland vs Texas?
Our little dog killed your big dog!

Even the Texas board doesn't seem to think they are "our big dog" these days. They're in the second year under a new coach and have been trying to climb out of a hole since Mack Brown. They talk a lot about their history and their money and why the heck they can't get more out of all those 5 star Texas recruits though they don't seem to have the same obsession with calling themselves blue bloods just now that some Huskers do.

History is history, but a 4.3 billion dollar endowment is another thing altogether. And OU is also transitioning to a new regime and just let the other Stoops brother go as DC iirc.

All this talk fans do about conferences this and conferences that based on years gone by means nothing after player and coaching turnover. Until we just draw straws and play random teams on random Saturdays it's all just so much preseason hype mixed with koolaid drunk homervision boiled down into an SEC popularity contest come the "playoff" bowls.

It is true that with the new TV contract Nebraska will make 50 million this year which is great. But just to be honest about it I went to the web to see the money Nebraska has made in the Big Ten to date compaired to the Big 12. To not exaggerate the numbers I will compare the Big Ten payout to Nebraska with Kansas State which is one of lowest revenue schools in the Big 12 (Oklahoma, Texas, etc made a lot more money). Nebraska joined the Big Ten in 2011 and made 14 mil. In 2012 =15.4 mil, in 2013= 16.9 mil, in 2014 = 18.6 mil, in 2014 = 18.6 mil, in 2015 = 19.8 mil, in 2016 =21.2 mil, and in 2017 = 22 mil. The total Big Ten revenue to date for Nebraska is 127.9 million.
The Kansas State Big 12 revenue in 2011 = 12 mil, in 2012 =20.9 mil, in 2013 = 22.6 mil, in 2014 =23.3 mil, in 2015 = 28.9 mil, in 2016 = 30.4 mil, in 2017 = 35.8 mil for a total of 172.9 million the Big 12 has paid Kansas State. These numbers also do not include the 29 million in tier 3 money that Kansas State made during those years. When the tier 3 money is added Kansas State made 201.9 million and Nebraska made 127.9 million. In other words Kansas State has made 74 million dollars more than Nebraska since Nebraska made the move to the Big Ten. And as stated at the beginning Kansas State is one of the lowest revenue teams in the Big 12. Texas made a lot more. It is great that Nebraska will make 50 mil this year but even Kansas State will make well over 40 mil this year. So to be honest about it Nebraska has many years before they even catch up with Kansas State in revenue since they joined the Big Ten.

It called buy-in to the TV rights. We knew that going in, this is our first year of full rights! Hello!

Watch the post Purdue presser .. listen to his comments after Northwestern. If you don’t realize it, it’s probably because you have a big 12 mindset and a different idea of the respect you pay your opponent.

Big 12 mindset. That's rich. Because apparently everyone in the Big 12 is disrespectful and everyone in the B1G is honorable, sans Nebraska? Is that really what you're going with?

What everyone else can clearly see, except for you, is that there's nothing there unless you're an extremely thin-skinned, insecure person that takes everything personally. You are seriously going out of our way to find slights where there is only coachspeak. And you're continuing to bitch to high heaven about it more than two weeks after NU and Purdue played, which is getting pretty creepy at this point.

Do you have anything new to add here? Anything at all that might be compelling in lieu of another rage-filled rant? I mean, I can do this all day. It's like a cat playing with a crippled mouse. But I'm curious, do you have another gear or is this your top speed?

Because if that's the best you got, I think we're done here. But I do thank you for your keen interest in NU football.

Reactions: headcard
He's one of the most respected posters on the board. Who are you again?

...and who are you? Respected, maybe by you but to me he's no different than anyone else. Just because his post count is at 24K doesn't mean I can't disagree with what I see as BS. Get over your self proclaimed board status, my god!

...and who are you? Respected, maybe by you but to me he's no different than anyone else. Just because his post count is at 24K doesn't mean I can't disagree with what I see as BS. Get over your self proclaimed board status, my god!
Really what is your problem? If you disagree with something I actually said go ahead and say it, but if you just want to name call and talk crap, you should take Larry’s advice and piss off.

With 14 teams in the conference and scheduling Nebraska will very seldom play those 4 teams much less at home. The recruits that come in next year will not even play all 4 of those teams in the 4 years they are in school. Not a great way to create rivalries. I would rather play Oklahoma every year. Who cares about Iowa. I know Nebraska will never leave but it was a mistake.
We didn't get to play ou every year when we were in the big 12

Yeah, I wish I could turn back time. I'd give it all to you. Haha. Anyways, no. No to the B12. There's a reason we left. It wasn't just so we could suck. It wasn't because Texas owned us. It was because the rest of the Big 8 teams voted with Texas and made us weaker. They can suck it. I miss those rivalries, but it was clear that Texas could leave the B12 at any time and the B12 could fall apart, leaving us as an addition to a non-P5 conference. Eff that. We did the best thing for us, academically and athletically. It's not the Big Ten's fault that we are not a powerhouse. That's on us. It's there for the taking. The B1G West is weak. We should be dominating or at the top every year. We have the big money now and it will take time to develop rivalries that we had in the B12. Now, if OU had still been our end of year rivalry game every year in the Big 12, but OU pussed out.
Winner.

First, calm down.

Second, it has nothing to do with post counts. There are plenty of people with high post counts that don't garner respect. There are also people with low post counts that are highly respected. To contend that it's all about that is intellectually lazy.

It's how you interact with and treat people. You also have to make meaningful contributions to the board over a period of time. The poster in question has performed at a high level in both areas over a period of years. His high post count is just a by-product.

When someone no one has ever heard of shows up guns-a-blazin' and starts throwing shade at a poster who's proven himself to be rock solid, they deserve to be called out. You weren't respectful at all. You didn't present an opposing viewpoint and engage in a rational debate. You just started taking shots.

Maybe if you were a little more familiar with this board or how message boards work in general (or even how human behavior works in general), you would know that's a foolish way to make an introduction. It's like you started a new job, walked in on your first day and shouted, "I don't care how long any of you have worked here or how much experience you have, none of you are more important than me!!!"

Aside from the research $$$s that others have mentioned, those numbers above are stunning, if accurate. And I know programs like KU (and UT) have much higher Tier 3 $$$ than K-State.

Spot on.

You put a lot of work into this but I don't know if this is completely accurate or complete. Just seems like a huge difference. Not throwing you under the bus. Can you provide what source you searched?

As a Texas fan I miss being in a conference with Nebraska. No, it's not because of our head to head record. Nebraska could have and should have won several of those games.
Nebraska is one of the all time great football programs and I miss our rivalry, especially in baseball.
I've also noticed that most of the trash talking B1G fans here are from teams that are irrelevant in football. That's how you know Nebraska is still one of the all time greats imo. The jealousy is palpable.

Last edited:
As a Texas fan I miss being the conference with Nebraska. No, it's not because of our head to head record. Nebraska could have and should have won several of those games.
Nebraska is one of the all time great football programs and I miss our rivalry, especially in baseball.
I've also noticed that most of the trash talking B1G fans here are from teams that are irrelevant in football. That's how you know Nebraska is still one of the all time greats imo. The jealousy is palpable.

Classy post, hookem. I miss NU playing UT too. Conference politics aside, that was a fun, exciting matchup even though NU was on the wrong side of it way too many times.

Looks like you guys are finally back on track though. Great win last week.

Classy post, hookem. I miss NU playing UT too. Conference politics aside, that was a fun, exciting matchup even though NU was on the wrong side of it way too many times.

Looks like you guys are finally back on track though. Great win last week.

Thanks Larry.

It's way to early to declare us "back" though. Every win feels like a heroic effort because there just isn't any room for error with this team. We had to play an almost perfect game to beat OU.
Hopefully Herman can evaluate talent and get us to the point that we can say we're "back". I just don't think we're there yet.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Thanks Larry.

It's way to early to declare us "back" though. Every win feels like a heroic effort because there just isn't any room for error with this team. We had to play an almost perfect game to beat OU.
Hopefully Herman can evaluate talent and get us to the point that we can say we're "back". I just don't think we're there yet.

I get that. I know you guys have a ways to go yet but I've been really impressed with Ehlinger so far and you've already got wins over USC, TCU and OU. Even if those schools are down a bit that's a very nice resume to this point, MD game aside.

How do UT fans feel about Herman? Do you feel like you finally have the right HC?

I get that. I know you guys have a ways to go yet but I've been really impressed with Ehlinger so far and you've already got wins over USC, TCU and OU. Even if those schools are down a bit that's a very nice resume to this point, MD game aside

How do UT fans feel about Herman? Do you guys feel like you finally have the right HC?

I'm honestly not sure yet. His arrogance gets on my nerves but if he continues to win I'll learn to live with it :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT