ADVERTISEMENT

I miss the Big 12

I do. Growing up in kansas, you typically were either a husker or a sooner fan. I couldn't stand switzer. Ive been a husker fan since i lost all of my lunch money when we lost the game we were supposed to win. Holloway was hurt. Switzer was hurt. We got butt hurt.

Moving to the B1G isn't the reason for our struggles, but I was never in favor of the move either and something tells me if we hadn't invented new ways to choke against Texas and were say 5-4 against them instead of 1-8 we might still be there. Of course we'll never know, seems silly to even opine on it now, but yet I did it anyway :(

Is it me, or do you miss the regular Big 12 matchups?

Of course. One of our worst teams (Maryland) smacked the B12's best team down(Texas). It was definitely easier for you guys there.

Time to grow into your big boy pants that you got when you joined our league. If you can't handle it and want to take your ball home, then maybe that would be best for everyone.

Crap like this ^^^^ is one of the reasons I wish we were still in the Big 12. These jackoffs can’t wait to run over here and talk shit. They never wanted us here and they love that we get completely shafted in this conference.

Of course. One of our worst teams (Maryland) smacked the B12's best team down(Texas). It was definitely easier for you guys there.

Time to grow into your big boy pants that you got when you joined our league. If you can't handle it and want to take your ball home, then maybe that would be best for everyone.
We been bad but have at least played in a Big 10 championship. It’s time for NW to put its big boy pants on and actually win something.

Lol come on man. I don't care if we stay in the BIG10 go back to the BIG12 or go to any other conference as long as we are competetive. To try and claim that the BIG10 is a "big boy" conference compared to the BIG12 is insane. The only BIG10 teams to have a winning record vs the BIG12 is Wisc and Ohio St. We will be fine here.

Last edited:
Nebraska fans will love the B1G when we start holding up our end of the bargain. Nebraska would not be in any better shape had they stayed in the Big 12 - probably worse, since we'd have less money.

The conference NU is in has nothing to do with their problems. Frankly, in the long run it probably helps Nebraska being in the B1G since there are more programs with which we want to be peers. For the record, I don't mean Rutgers and Illinois.

Who would you (and the country) rather watch us play,

Northwestern
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Minnesota
Rutgers
Indiana
Maryland
Wisconsin

Or

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
West Virginia
Kansas State
Kansas
Baylor
Iowa State
TCU

I miss the Big 12 and the rivalries with the teams there and I think most of the country could care less about watching us play the Big Ten teams listed above.

Nebraska fans will love the B1G when we start holding up our end of the bargain. Nebraska would not be in any better shape had they stayed in the Big 12 - probably worse, since we'd have less money.

The conference NU is in has nothing to do with their problems. Frankly, in the long run it probably helps Nebraska being in the B1G since there are more programs with which we want to be peers. For the record, I don't mean Rutgers and Illinois.
I don’t see it. I’m sure the move to the B1G was good as far as money and academics are concerned, but as far as football goes, it has never made sense and we don’t fit, pus it is clear they don’t want us here anyway. But it is what it is, no turning back now

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Who would you (and the country) rather watch us play,

Northwestern
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Minnesota
Rutgers
Indiana
Maryland
Wisconsin

Or

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
West Virginia
Kansas State
Kansas
Baylor
Iowa State
TCU

I miss the Big 12 and the rivalries with the teams there and I think most of the country could care less about watching us play the Big Ten teams listed above.

Us? Nice try.

Why did you leave Ohio State, Michigan, & Penn State off the list? NU plays at least one of them, and often 2 of them, each year.

And if this board is any indication, America loves watching Nebraska right now. But in any case, if NU were a quality team, America will prefer watching them play the B1G powers every year, and will thoroughly enjoy the match-ups with Wisconsin and maybe even Iowa every year. I know for a fact that NU fans enjoy the trips to Chicago and Minneapolis much more than the trips to Ames, Lawrence, Manhattan, Stillwater, etc.

Dosen't seem to bother John Cook and your volleyball team.
Cook doesn’t like seeeing the football team shafted either. If you don’t think we are on the short side of the stick, you aren’t watching and are just going on your blind hate for Nebraska. We suck, sure, but have never been given a fair shake in the conference, it really makes you wonder why they wanted us here so bad.

Look at yesterday. NW was called for one penalty and it was a false start. 64 pass attempts with no holding. Took a head shot on our QB after he slid, nothing, but we get a roughing call with under 2 min left on a complete phantom call. The Purdue game was criminally one sided. Over and over and over with this crap and it’s not like it’s our first year, no reason to think it will ever change now. Yes we suck, two decades of bad decisions got us here and leaving th Big 12 for this was one of them.

Haha.... Nebraska back in the day would have gone a half decade without losing a conference game had they been in the BIG.

I love the Big 10. Fans are just pissed because we've sucked at football since entering. That'll change in a few years. Lots of $ & playing in big time stadiums with great fan bases. Don't really get this obsession with the Big 12? Remember the refs sucked in College Station too!

I love the Big 10. Fans are just pissed because we've sucked at football since entering. That'll change in a few years. Lots of $ & playing in big time stadiums with great fan bases. Don't really get this obsession with the Big 12? Remember the refs sucked in College Station too!
The Purdue game was just like that aTm game and it was at home, against freaking Purdue. But why do you love the B1G? The football isn’t as fun or exciting and the fan bases are far from great. Look at the way opposing fans are treated at Wisconsin and PSU, makes Colorado fans looks civil. Yes we are getting alot more $$, but that hasn’t done anything for our football program.

The Big 10 isn’t the reason for our struggles. We have been the same struggling program since the last of Osborne’s recruits left. The teams kicking our ass changed but our problems didn’t.

Reactions: Sinomatic
Cook doesn’t like seeeing the football team shafted either. If you don’t think we are on the short side of the stick, you aren’t watching and are just going on your blind hate for Nebraska. We suck, sure, but have never been given a fair shake in the conference, it really makes you wonder why they wanted us here so bad.

Look at yesterday. NW was called for one penalty and it was a false start. 64 pass attempts with no holding. Took a head shot on our QB after he slid, nothing, but we get a roughing call with under 2 min left on a complete phantom call. The Purdue game was criminally one sided. Over and over and over with this crap and it’s not like it’s our first year, no reason to think it will ever change now. Yes we suck, two decades of bad decisions got us here and leaving th Big 12 for this was one of them.
But you guys always said you were getting shafted by the Big 12 and Texas. And now the B1G is giving you the shaft. You guys are getting more shaft than Stormy Daniels.

The Big 10 isn’t the reason for our struggles. We have been the same struggling program since the last of Osborne’s recruits left. The teams kicking our ass changed but our problems didn’t.
True, but that doesn’t mean we have to like being in the B1G. We don’t fit and aren’t respected and/or treated as an equal. We were pissed about having to play second fiddle to Texas in the Big 12, now we get the same treatment x100 against the Purdue’s of the world.

Us? Nice try.

Why did you leave Ohio State, Michigan, & Penn State off the list? NU plays at least one of them, and often 2 of them, each year.

And if this board is any indication, America loves watching Nebraska right now. But in any case, if NU were a quality team, America will prefer watching them play the B1G powers every year, and will thoroughly enjoy the match-ups with Wisconsin and maybe even Iowa every year. I know for a fact that NU fans enjoy the trips to Chicago and Minneapolis much more than the trips to Ames, Lawrence, Manhattan, Stillwater, etc.
You must be too young to remember when Nebraska vs Oklahoma was THE national game. Now that the conference is at 14 teams there will be players at Nebraska that will never play either Ohio State, Michigan, or Penn State in their 4 years depending on the schedule. Check how many times these 3 teams will play in Lincoln in the next 20 years with a 14 team conference. I miss the Big 12!

But you guys always said you were getting shafted by the Big 12 and Texas. And now the B1G is giving you the shaft. You guys are getting more shaft than Stormy Daniels.
So was anything I wrote untrue? Did you watch yesterday’s game? Would NW get away with any of that against Iowa or any other team in the B1G. We left the Big 12 because we didn’t like have one team calling all the shots, but now we are the resheaded step child that doesn’t belong.

Reactions: Baxter48
Moving to the B1G isn't the reason for our struggles, but I was never in favor of the move either and something tells me if we hadn't invented new ways to choke against Texas and were say 5-4 against them instead of 1-8 we might still be there. Of course we'll never know, seems silly to even opine on it now, but yet I did it anyway :(

The move to the big 10 is a big part of our problem...we have had a steady decline in recruiting since we made the move...we are still barely top 25 in revenue, and we have no natural rivals anymore to create generational excitement. And the move to the big 10 was so nuts that I could see a move back to the big 12 in the next 10 years...especially as the T.V stuff evens out.

It was hard to give up the history and decades long rivalries of the Big 8/12 and I do miss it,but you need to purge yourself from Texas. They have a long history of destroying every conference they have belonged to. And they have done the big 12 no favors and given time we would have owned them.

Reactions: huskerfan1414

So is Texas up by 5 and Maryland getting a score in the final minutes and Texas not scoring on a final drive “smacked” now? Texas by 30 if they played right now. You’re talking about a program that was in shambles 2-3 years ago finally getting it together.

The B1G is the most overhyped conference I’ve seen of Late with all the preseason hoopla to where it’s at now after watching top teams like:

Wisconsin losing to BYU
Penn State taking App State to OT
Penn State losing to MSU who lost to ASU and almost Utah State
Michigan got owned by ND

Ohio State is the only great team. The bowl record last year gave it all this hype that now looks ridiculous.

Texas beat a USC team that was ranked as prob will be again today after their win over #19 CU and has been rolling ever since.

OU would beat every team in the B1G hold maybe Ohio State depending on where they play.

WVU >> Penn State or Michigan.

Our #5/6 team TCU controlled Buckeyes for 3 Q’s. Take away a bonehead QB shovel by Robinson and TCU may have rolled

These threads are so stupid they’re beyond reason. We’re 7 years into the conference and coming up on a decade since we announced the move. We’re not going back to the Big 12. Period. And Big Ten vs Big 12 is not the reason for our football woes. It’s years of crappy ADs and crappy coaches. Frost will turn this around in a big way, and once he does nobody will be here talking about going back to the Big 12.

And if we’re being honest, the future of the Big 12 beyond 2025 is still very much in doubt. If OU doesn’t extend their grant of rights and the rumors about Fox and the Big Ten Network looking into purchasing those Grant of Rights is true then the doubt around the future of the Big 12 is even more uncertain.

I think it’s time to come home for NU to where it belongs.

Need to make it divisional where Ou and NU are playing every year.

Might have to be a “west” and an “east” to make that work. Only way NU regents would come back is if they play OU annually. That means Texas too. Would be sick and NU I guarantee would return to 8-11 wins again. The B1G has hurt recruiting and just gives you guys a weird aura.

True, but that doesn’t mean we have to like being in the B1G. We don’t fit and aren’t respected and/or treated as an equal. We were pissed about having to play second fiddle to Texas in the Big 12, now we get the same treatment x100 against the Purdue’s of the world.

Respect is earned. Our volleyball team is respected because they are awesome. Our football team isn’t respected because it sucks.

No one in the Big 10 owes us anything for what Devaney and Osborne did decades ago, yet many of our fans still have an elitist mindset.

We need to earn our seat at the big kids table again.

These threads are so stupid they’re beyond reason. We’re 7 years into the conference and coming up on a decade since we announced the move. We’re not going back to the Big 12. Period. And Big Ten vs Big 12 is not the reason for our football woes. It’s years of crappy ADs and crappy coaches. Frost will turn this around in a big way, and once he does nobody will be here talking about going back to the Big 12.

And if we’re being honest, the future of the Big 12 beyond 2025 is still very much in doubt. If OU doesn’t extend their grant of rights and the rumors about Fox and the Big Ten Network looking into purchasing those Grant of Rights is true then the doubt around the future of the Big 12 is even more uncertain.

Doesn’t matter time frame. It isn’t working. It was a worth effort for a fresh start bc NU wasn’t happy with how the big 12 was playing out mostly due to Texas.

So get back to where it should be, swallow some pride and go BEAT Texas on the field!

Only way regents would get back in is being in same division as OU tho.

Big 12 west

OU
NU
Texas
Tech
Baylor
Okie state

Big 12 east

KU
Kstate
ISU
WVU
TCU
Cincy/Houston/UCF

The Purdue game was just like that aTm game and it was at home, against freaking Purdue. But why do you love the B1G? The football isn’t as fun or exciting and the fan bases are far from great. Look at the way opposing fans are treated at Wisconsin and PSU, makes Colorado fans looks civil. Yes we are getting alot more $$, but that hasn’t done anything for our football program.
Up to this year WE (our administration) hasn't done anything for our football program. Not gonna blame the Big 10 conference. Things will get better as we continue to improve the product on the field. This is obviously gonna take a little time.

Reactions: headcard
I think it’s time to come home for NU to where it belongs.

Need to make it divisional where Ou and NU are playing every year.

Might have to be a “west” and an “east” to make that work. Only way NU regents would come back is if they play OU annually. That means Texas too. Would be sick and NU I guarantee would return to 8-11 wins again. The B1G has hurt recruiting and just gives you guys a weird aura.
If NU wants to play the teams we miss, all they have to do is make agreements to play regularly in our non-conference schedules. Absolutely no need to rejoin the Big12 to play those games again.

Respect is earned. Our volleyball team is respected because they are awesome. Our football team isn’t respected because it sucks.

No one in the Big 10 owes us anything for what Devaney and Osborne did decades ago, yet many of our fans still have an elitist mindset.

We need to earn our seat at the big kids table again.
What I have is far from an elitist mindset, in fact I have posted about the need to move away from that mindset countless times. Understanding where we are and the work we have to do will be key in determining weather or not we can rebuild this program. However, it is not elitist to expect basic equal treatment in the conference. This is a good old boys deal and I don’t see it ever changing. It isn’t even subtle. I really doubt this is what we thought we were signing up for. And no I am NOT blaming the B1G for all our struggles, or making excuses, but admitting we are not wanted and not treated as equals, is not making excuses, it is stating the obvious. You can think two decades of mistakes ruined our football program and, at the same time, understand your new conference does not want you and prefers that you take a backseat to the original members. Ask PSU fans about this.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Up to this year WE (our administration) hasn't done anything for our football program. Not gonna blame the Big 10 conference. Things will get better as we continue to improve the product on the field. This is obviously gonna take a little time.
Absolutely the B1G isn’t to blame for poor football team. That doesn’t mean this is a good fit for us or that it will be even when we get our act together.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT