ADVERTISEMENT

I miss the Big 12

Of course. One of our worst teams (Maryland) smacked the B12's best team down(Texas). It was definitely easier for you guys there.

Time to grow into your big boy pants that you got when you joined our league. If you can't handle it and want to take your ball home, then maybe that would be best for everyone.

Lol...

This is by far the saddest thread I have ever read. I cannot even talk trash when you guys have fallen this low. The b12 sucks and they will continue to drop games. I went to ISU v WV and WV was the most overrated team I have ever seen. The only thing ISU has is a decent defense and a ok run game, if that combo can beat you half the b10 will beat you. The b12 sucks and the teams will continue to drop games.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
How did the move to the Big 10 effect recruiting? The teams that seem to be perennially on top seem to be in great recruiting areas. Those are Texas, Florida, Western PA/Ohio, and California. Those areas are highly populated and football is the biggest game in town (maybe not Cali, but the population is so huge). Ohio State has a huge advantage being the only power 5 school in a state that is recruiting hot bed. Even Alabama was pretty crappy in between Stallings and Saban. Great coaches and recruiters can get it done without the recruiting advantages (see Tom Osborne), but it's impossible to sustain that with coaching changes.

Did the move away from the Big 12 change the recruiting landscape? How are you doing with recruits from Texas specifically? With Texas AM going to the SEC I see Texas High School kids being most interested in playing in the Big 12, then the SEC rather than the Big 10.

Prior to Urban Meyer joining the B10, the B10 didn't have an undisputed national title since '68.. so yeah, whatever
Derp! I want to go back to the easier conference just as much as you but let’s get our facts straight about our current conference.

Who would you (and the country) rather watch us play,

Northwestern
Iowa
Purdue
Illinois
Minnesota
Rutgers
Indiana
Maryland
Wisconsin

Or

Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Texas
Texas Tech
West Virginia
Kansas State
Kansas
Baylor
Iowa State
TCU

I miss the Big 12 and the rivalries with the teams there and I think most of the country could care less about watching us play the Big Ten teams listed above.

Nice spin, but when we were Big 12, it didn't look that way. So if you're going to throw OU and Texas in there, you need to add the BIG 10 crossovers like tOSU, Mich, Penn, Mich St!

B12 fans miss GBR. But it wouldn't be the same if Nebraska returned. The world has changed, evolved, and thus the Huskers would be just another player down here as well. Better to let it play out than switch again, even though the change was a huge mistake viewed solely through a Nebraska football lense. Switching back on its own wouldn't fix that. #emaw

B12 fans miss GBR. But it wouldn't be the same if Nebraska returned. The world has changed, evolved, and thus the Huskers would be just another player down here as well. Better to let it play out than switch again, even though the change was a huge mistake viewed solely through a Nebraska football lense. Switching back on its own wouldn't fix that. #emaw

We're sentimental sometimes but most of us wouldn't go back even if we could. This is what NU chose and we're committed to it. (More) losing recently has made our fans wistful for better times, but the University is where it's supposed to be. We just need to get our athletic house in order.

I will always miss the matchups and the drivable road games were a huge bonus, but the B1G is still the best place for NU long term, both academically and athletically.

So was anything I wrote untrue? Did you watch yesterday’s game? Would NW get away with any of that against Iowa or any other team in the B1G. We left the Big 12 because we didn’t like have one team calling all the shots, but now we are the resheaded step child that doesn’t belong.
With whining and crying like this, I think you belong in the SEC.

With whining and crying like this, I think you belong in the SEC.
Anything to get away from this good ole boy bs and these crap fan bases. What kind of loser gets to be on the winning side of a screw job Ike that and immediately runs to the other teams board to run their mouth? Got to love the B1G.

Last edited:
Better to let it play out than switch again, even though the change was a huge mistake viewed solely through a Nebraska football lense.

Seriously? GTFO! Best move yet. Being stuck playing the likes of the Big 12 north every year drug us down to your level. Don't flatter yourselves, NU leaving let KSU rise higher because although KSU could beat Texas, they couldn't beat Nebraska. Hey, you'll always have the power towel!

Headcard needs to change his name to Headcase. Just chill out and give it time.

Headcard needs to change his name to Headcase. Just chill out and give it time.
Give what time, exactly? I will be more than patient with this staff, just like I have been with previous staffs. But we have been in this conference seven freaking years, why would anyone think anything is going to change now?

Give what time, exactly? I will be more than patient with this staff, just like I have been with previous staffs. But we have been in this conference seven freaking years, why would anyone think anything is going to change now?

It’s not. The big ten owns your sorry ass triple option program that Jon Vilma buried

Anything to get away from this good ole boy bs and these crap fan bases. What kind of loser gets to be on the winning side of a screw job Ike that and immediately runs to the other teams board to run their mouth? Got to love the B1G.
I will apologize for coming here. I am not prone to trolling. I was most interested in your fanbase's interpretation of Coach Frost's "I don't call the defense" quote. And also one of your player's saying "Enough of this rah-rah stuff." I really did not expect all of the discussion about red-headed stepchild and the refs-are-out-to-get-us. That is Vanderbilt mentality. When Gary Barnett came to Northwestern way back when, he said that we had to get away from loser mentality. Blaming referees was one of his examples. Right up there with moral victories. While we get grumpy about bad calls, we strive to stay away from the refs-are-out-to-get-us. I was startled to see it in the fans of a program of the historical caliber of Nebraska.

My startlement turned into a troll and has now resulted in a second (now condescending) post.

I will shut up and go away now. Again, apologies for the trolling.

Honestly WTF are you even talking about? You might actually be too stupid to argue with.

How your coach talks after every loss for six losses. “We were better, we were good enough to win, it was just mistakes.” Once? Cool. Twice .. eh ok... five times (you weren’t beating Michigan)? You are the mistakes...

That’s what Frost doesn’t get. Against Minnesota, it won’t be a surprise if Nebraska makes mistakes. It will be a surprise if they don’t. What.. does he think every team in this conference hasn’t had talented kids who just weren’t smart football players?

Ever heard of selwyn lemon? 6’4” 215 lb receiver who holds the all time record for receiving yards against Notre Dame in a game. But guess what? He was stupid on and off the field. Just like you can’t teach Kurt Warner’s kid to be Terrell Owens physically, you can’t teach a physically talented dumbass like lymon to play clutch football.

So what you and Frost can kind of add into the equation is that the rest of college fandom has factored mistakes into the Nebraska equation. We will only be shocked if they don’t make them. And every school in the conference has had players and teams like that...

I will apologize for coming here. I am not prone to trolling. I was most interested in your fanbase's interpretation of Coach Frost's "I don't call the defense" quote. And also one of your player's saying "Enough of this rah-rah stuff." I really did not expect all of the discussion about red-headed stepchild and the refs-are-out-to-get-us. That is Vanderbilt mentality. When Gary Barnett came to Northwestern way back when, he said that we had to get away from loser mentality. Blaming referees was one of his examples. Right up there with moral victories. While we get grumpy about bad calls, we strive to stay away from the refs-are-out-to-get-us. I was startled to see it in the fans of a program of the historical caliber of Nebraska.

My startlement turned into a troll and has now resulted in a second (now condescending) post.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and provide a genuine reply. There is no doubt that, right now, the Nebraska program has a loser mentality that needs to be exorcised post haste. Too many recent games where you get your pants pulled down on national television will do that.

Even before this season, this has been a fragile team constantly waiting for the other shoe to drop because that's what they're grown accustomed to. We've also had a lot of players that seemed to enjoy the perks of a big-time D1 program so long as no one held them accountable. For some players, this is their third coaching staff and they may just be checked out. Hopefully those players are now removed but bad habits and bad attitudes still linger in certain corners.

The us-against-the-world mentality was started by Bo (such leadership) and it continues to rear its head during moments of adversity. Strangely, the refs and talking heads being out to get us (especially ESPN) has been part of our fanbase as long as I can remember, even during the championship years. Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to keep things paranoid.

In short, there are no easy fixes. It will take time to bring in the players with the talent, attitude and work ethic required to win. They will have to work at becoming good, then great, all over again. Over the next several seasons, the work habits will have to be re-established, including the extra work that championship players do on their own without being asked. Once the players start holding themselves accountable, look out.

In the meantime, I'm sure it's shocking to witness from the outside. It's shocking from the inside and we had some idea of the dumpster fire SF inherited, but nothing like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: GlideCat

Question for you and @EvanstonCat from West Lafayette.

1) what would the score have been if you had Larkin.

2) what do you think of frosts quotes after the game about how they were good enough to win and should have won.. particularly when he seems to have thought that five times when he still lost (I don’t count Michigan)?

I can’t wait till Illinois beats Nebraska lol...

How your coach talks after every loss for six losses. “We were better, we were good enough to win, it was just mistakes.” Once? Cool. Twice .. eh ok... five times (you weren’t beating Michigan)? You are the mistakes...

That’s what Frost doesn’t get. Against Minnesota, it won’t be a surprise if Nebraska makes mistakes. It will be a surprise if they don’t. What.. does he think every team in this conference hasn’t had talented kids who just weren’t smart football players?

Ever heard of selwyn lemon? 6’4” 215 lb receiver who holds the all time record for receiving yards against Notre Dame in a game. But guess what? He was stupid on and off the field. Just like you can’t teach Kurt Warner’s kid to be Terrell Owens physically, you can’t teach a physically talented dumbass like lymon to play clutch football.

So what you and Frost can kind of add into the equation is that the rest of college fandom has factored mistakes into the Nebraska equation. We will only be shocked if they don’t make them. And every school in the conference has had players and teams like that...

What's he supposed to say? We made mistakes just like we were expected to, so we should all accept this outcome? Of course Nebraska has made mistakes. Nothing new. That didn't start with Frost. He's trying to get them to stop making mistakes so they can learn how to close out games they could or should win.

But get f'n realistic, man. You'd have a better chance winning the war on drugs than going on a crusade against coachspeak, but be my guest if you're really that butthurt about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: headcard
Question for you and @EvanstonCat from West Lafayette.

1) what would the score have been if you had Larkin.

2) what do you think of frosts quotes after the game about how they were good enough to win and should have won.. particularly when he seems to have thought that five times when he still lost (I don’t count Michigan)?

I can’t wait till Illinois beats Nebraska lol...

Northwestern won. That should have warmed your tiny, black heart, if only slightly.

But seriously, what part of saying "we were good enough to win" and "we should have won the game" is inaccurate on Frost's part? Any team up two scores with five minutes to play can say they should have won the game, because they should have. And if you put yourself in that position in the first place, you were good enough to win.

All the rest of this is just you working out your anger issues apparently. Which you're more than welcome to do somewhere else... LIKE MAYBE YOUR OWN MESSAGE BOARD.

Or go to the Indiana board. It appears you have irrational blinding hate for them, too.

Your obsession is crazy. Why are you so wrapped up in Frost post game press conferences? I have never watched a Kirk Farentz presser or Jeff Brohm press conference. And honestly why in the world would anyone be upset about him saying we could have or should have won? Of course we should have, we pissed it away on epic fashion.

What's he supposed to say? We made mistakes just like we were expected to, so we should all accept this outcome? Of course Nebraska has made mistakes. Nothing new. That didn't start with Frost. He's trying to get them to stop making mistakes so they can learn how to close out games they could or should win.

But get f'n realistic, man. You'd have a better chance winning the war on drugs than going on a crusade against coachspeak, but by my guest if you're really that butthurt about it.

What every big ten coach I’ve listened to other than his ass and maybe Ron zook and a couple others manage to say “yeah we did make some mistakes but we got beat by a team that deserved to win.” I’ve never heard tiller, Brohm or even hope or hazell sit there and start talking like they should have won when they lost. It shows the kind of disrepect that may be ok in the buddahaw 12 but doesn’t play here.

Frost after Purdue “you look at how many yards we gained” lol... moron, you didn’t gain shit except for one drive until you were down three scores...

What every big ten coach I’ve listened to other than his ass and maybe Ron zook and a couple others manage to say “yeah we did make some mistakes but we got beat by a team that deserved to win.” I’ve never heard tiller, Brohm or even hope or hazell sit there and start talking like they should have won when they lost. It shows the kind of disrepect that may be ok in the buddahaw 12 but doesn’t play here.

Frost after Purdue “you look at how many yards we gained” lol... moron, you didn’t gain shit except for one drive until you were down three scores...

I'm sorry. I don't see anything Frost has said or done that warrants you completely losing your shit repeatedly. Look in the mirror, bud. I think the "problem" is within your control. Or at least it could be if you could put your hate aside.

You are really this butthurt because you don’t think Frost kissed Purdue’s ass enough in the post game press conference a couple weeks ago? You seriously need to seek professional help, asap

You are really this butthurt because you don’t think Frost kissed Purdue’s ass enough in the post game press conference a couple weeks ago? You seriously need to seek professional help, asap

Ooooh, he's a Purdue fan. "Winnable game"-Gate really got under their craw, didn't it?

Except all the other Purdue trolls managed to slink away a few days after the game. This particular nut has really dug his heels in. I imagine a dark basement with shouts of "dinner's ready" coming from upstairs.

"Be right there, Mother. I just have to finish putting Scott Frost in Internet Jail."
\
BasementDork.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT