ADVERTISEMENT

I miss the Big 12

I'm not saying it will happen but there is a fair amount of fan base in both Nebraska & Arkansas that wouldn't mind competing in the Big 12. Those two additions would make the Big 12 a really good league.

I think both Nebraska & Arkansas would do better in the Big 12 than their current leagues. Even if the tv money would be a little less with success comes better fundraising which could offset the difference if it was small.

I think if Nebraska is to do better in the B1G the league would need to do divisions something more like
Div A: PSU, Neb., Ia., Md., Rutgers, Wisconsin, Illinois
Div B: OSU, Mich., MSU, Mn., Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue

Nebraska needs more access to the states in the league that have more recruits. The problem is PSU wants to play OSU every year which maybe that game could be protected. The other issue is the PSU vs OSU/Mich. have both been monster ratings games each year (some of the highest in CFB) and I don't see the B1G wanting to interrupt that.
When you joined the league I was hoping Penn State and Nebreska would play each other to end the season. We have some history together and some great games going back to the 80s, and I think if both programs were rolling that would be a hell of a game to cap the season between two blue bloods. That said the big protects the Michigan vs OSU game above everything else and so I don't think they want the competition.
And believe me an elite Penn State vs Nebreska would be big time competition.

So is Texas up by 5 and Maryland getting a score in the final minutes and Texas not scoring on a final drive “smacked” now? Texas by 30 if they played right now. You’re talking about a program that was in shambles 2-3 years ago finally getting it together.

The B1G is the most overhyped conference I’ve seen of Late with all the preseason hoopla to where it’s at now after watching top teams like:

Wisconsin losing to BYU
Penn State taking App State to OT
Penn State losing to MSU who lost to ASU and almost Utah State
Michigan got owned by ND

Ohio State is the only great team. The bowl record last year gave it all this hype that now looks ridiculous.

Texas beat a USC team that was ranked as prob will be again today after their win over #19 CU and has been rolling ever since.

OU would beat every team in the B1G hold maybe Ohio State depending on where they play.

WVU >> Penn State or Michigan.

Our #5/6 team TCU controlled Buckeyes for 3 Q’s. Take away a bonehead QB shovel by Robinson and TCU may have rolled

The Big 12 is a joke, defense is optional and every team outside of Texas and Oklahoma are nationally irrelevant. Nebraska fans may want to go back, but it would be fiscally suicidal.

You should just cross your fingers and hope Texas doesn't decide to leave the rest of your schools because it wants to be independent . Kansas State has no cache, Nebraska took the offer because it saw the handwriting on the wall.

Ohio State, Michigan do run the B1G as far as big name branding ,but they don't enforce their wills on the other
members by demanding their own networks. Texas destroyed the Big 8, none of your cowardly conference mates had the balls to stand up to them. Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M all left for greener pastures.

Most B1G fans know and respect Nebraska's history, the ones who think Nebraska will get kicked out are idiots.

Things will never be the way they were, super conferences are the wave. There is no stopping it.

We would be owning the B1G if we had teams like the 90s. We will be very competitive next year (hence the 2 TD lead on Northwestern), but right now we are erratic and still pretty undisciplined. It will happen, but right now we're going to pull stupid crap like giving up 10 point leads with less than 5 minutes left in the game.

Reactions: headcard
Mybe we need a scandal to fit in. Like a head coach that condones wife beating, or a kiddie fiddling coach, or a serial rapist trainer, or a coach that lets players die during practice.
You forgot a head coach and his wife knowingly kept a wife beater on staff

When you joined the league I was hoping Penn State and Nebreska would play each other to end the season. We have some history together and some great games going back to the 80s, and I think if both programs were rolling that would be a hell of a game to cap the season between two blue bloods. That said the big protects the Michigan vs OSU game above everything else and so I don't think they want the competition.
And believe me an elite Penn State vs Nebreska would be big time competition.
I've always said only difference in the big 10 and big 12 is big 10 is more stable but it's all about Michigan and Ohio state the big 12 was Texas. The thing with the big 10 everyone else didn't mind being Ohio state and Michigans little bitches as long as they go to keep there trophy games

Hi Huskers.....I like to stop by many of the BIG boards just to see what the pulse is of each fan base. Mostly the West Division. I just wanted to throw a couple of thoughts into this discussion.

1) There is NO WAY Nebraska is not wanted in the BIG by fellow fans bases. My goodness.....99% of the fan bases felt like the conference hit the jackpot when the Huskers joined! Seriously, to get a program with a top 5-10 history into the fold is beyond awesome. I have told this story before on here and I will tell it one more time. We were at a wedding reception the week the Huskers joined the conference. The DJ said something about how great it was to steal Nebby from the BIG 12 and the place erupted (imagine a ton of Hawk fans cheering the Nebraska fight song at a wedding reception in E Iowa.) It was truly awesome.

2) Right now, it sucks because all the bounces are going against the Huskers, but lets be real...this will not continue. And when it turns around, the rest of us are going to pay the piper (including my Hawks). Your offense scares the crap out me. If you get the D turned around, you will be set. And Frost is a legacy and knows how to get the program back to where it should be.

3) I am tired of people saying that the BIG West will never compete with the East. Bullsh!t!! When the Huskers get their Mojo going, it will be the way it was set up to be. I truly believe the Hawks can compete, and I know the Badgers (despite yesterday) can compete...and for sure the Huskers will be able to.

One question for you guys. If the BIG were to add 2 more teams (one on each side), who would you want to come in? Ok would be cool for the West........and that would bring back your most hated rival to play again. As much as I love playing you guys on Black Friday, I remember the games between you guys and Ok....and it would be epic to see those games again!!!

Thanks, and keep your chins up!!!

GO HAWKS!!!

Hi Huskers.....I like to stop by many of the BIG boards just to see what the pulse is of each fan base. Mostly the West Division. I just wanted to throw a couple of thoughts into this discussion.

1) There is NO WAY Nebraska is not wanted in the BIG by fellow fans bases. My goodness.....99% of the fan bases felt like the conference hit the jackpot when the Huskers joined! Seriously, to get a program with a top 5-10 history into the fold is beyond awesome. I have told this story before on here and I will tell it one more time. We were at a wedding reception the week the Huskers joined the conference. The DJ said something about how great it was to steal Nebby from the BIG 12 and the place erupted (imagine a ton of Hawk fans cheering the Nebraska fight song at a wedding reception in E Iowa.) It was truly awesome.

2) Right now, it sucks because all the bounces are going against the Huskers, but lets be real...this will not continue. And when it turns around, the rest of us are going to pay the piper (including my Hawks). Your offense scares the crap out me. If you get the D turned around, you will be set. And Frost is a legacy and knows how to get the program back to where it should be.

3) I am tired of people saying that the BIG West will never compete with the East. Bullsh!t!! When the Huskers get their Mojo going, it will be the way it was set up to be. I truly believe the Hawks can compete, and I know the Badgers (despite yesterday) can compete...and for sure the Huskers will be able to.

One question for you guys. If the BIG were to add 2 more teams (one on each side), who would you want to come in? Ok would be cool for the West........and that would bring back your most hated rival to play again. As much as I love playing you guys on Black Friday, I remember the games between you guys and Ok....and it would be epic to see those games again!!!

Thanks, and keep your chins up!!!

GO HAWKS!!!
Thanks for the encouragement, yes including me I've been harsh on the big 10. I think especially us older fans we've never seen anything close to this and it's difficult to except. But realistic if you look at bos last two recruiting classes and Rileys I understand why, I also blame some of this on the local sports media puffing up something that isn't there, basically the same players as last year.

Reactions: Hawkman34
I disagree. Freaking ISU is 1 of the better teams in the Big12 recently. That’s how pathetic our old conference is.

Your problem is you Nebraska fans can't separate your selves from the past. Your successful run was during the decades of unlimited scholarships. You were fortunate to have developed a great program and should be congratulated for it and be proud of it. But the NCAA implemented the limited scholarship rule in 1992 to even the playing field for recruiting. All conferences took a hit. That's why you see more competition. You won't see the dominating teams like you saw in the 70s and 80s. More high school talent from every region of the US is also a factor.

So is Texas up by 5 and Maryland getting a score in the final minutes and Texas not scoring on a final drive “smacked” now? Texas by 30 if they played right now. You’re talking about a program that was in shambles 2-3 years ago finally getting it together.

The B1G is the most overhyped conference I’ve seen of Late with all the preseason hoopla to where it’s at now after watching top teams like:

Wisconsin losing to BYU
Michigan got owned by ND

Ohio State is the only great team. The bowl record last year gave it all this hype that now looks ridiculous.

Texas beat a USC team that was ranked as prob will be again today after their win over #19 CU and has been rolling ever since.

OU would beat every team in the B1G hold maybe Ohio State depending on where they play.

Our #5/6 team TCU controlled Buckeyes for 3 Q’s. Take away a bonehead QB shovel by Robinson and TCU may have rolled

The Big 12 is a joke, defense is optional and every team outside of Texas and Oklahoma are nationally irrelevant. Nebraska fans may want to go back, but it would be fiscally suicidal.

You should just cross your fingers and hope Texas doesn't decide to leave the rest of your schools because it wants to be independent . Kansas State has no cache, Nebraska took the offer because it saw the handwriting on the wall.

Ohio State, Michigan do run the B1G as far as big name branding ,but they don't enforce their wills on the other
members by demanding their own networks. Texas destroyed the Big 8, none of your cowardly conference mates had the balls to stand up to them. Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri and Texas A&M all left for greener pastures.

Most B1G fans know and respect Nebraska's history, the ones who think Nebraska will get kicked out are idiots.

Things will never be the way they were, super conferences are the wave. There is no stopping it.

Look who’s talking. This was funny. Our #5 ran your #1 off the field for 3 Q’s and hold two fluke plays would have played to the wire (shovel pass to defender and a 10 yard punt). Our #1 ran your #1 off their own field last year.

How is the Big Slow NOT a joke? Plz tell me. Was hyped as good as the SEC this year and completely has collapsed. Heck, the Big 12 could make an argument in a “down year” for being pound for pound with the B1G this year top to bottom.

Your entire conference is hanging on one natty in 2014 by the only team in your conference capable of winning one. Big 12 has two. OSU has 7 and Michigan has .5 natties in the poll era while OU and Texas share 11 legit between the two.

When was the last b-ball natty in the Big Slow? Like 1980? Not that Nebraska cares about b-ball but still rough for the B1G.

Nebraska won 5 natties in our conferences bc it ran them as an anchor and it benefitted from being close to its recruiting arteries. The Big10 has killed that. Just looked at the rankings and also where those players are from.

2009 for example: 1/3 of their kids from Cali, 1/5 from Texas and 10 win teams playing for a conf championship. Now? I’m sad to even look.

NU doesn’t belong in the Big 10 and it had a nice chance at being Big Boys like the Big 12 of old and the SEC, but I just don’t see it working out when you added Rutgers and Maryland to water it down. Terrible decision making.

Reactions: headcard
Doesn’t matter time frame. It isn’t working. It was a worth effort for a fresh start bc NU wasn’t happy with how the big 12 was playing out mostly due to Texas.

So get back to where it should be, swallow some pride and go BEAT Texas on the field!

Only way regents would get back in is being in same division as OU tho.

Big 12 west

OU
NU
Texas
Tech
Baylor
Okie state

Big 12 east

KU
Kstate
ISU
WVU
TCU
Cincy/Houston/UCF

Your post is a pipe dream at best if not completely delusional. The NU regents aren’t going to consider going back to the Big 12 under any circumstance. It doesn’t matter what potential divisions would look like, it’s not happening. They’re not going to walk away from a $50M a year TV contract and the academic money that comes through the university due to Big Ten affiliation, just to play OU in football once a year.

You don’t think ESPN and FOX could match the Big 10 in adding NU and another team like an Arky or even Houston/UCF with a big tv market? All are better than Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana and Illinois. What a joke of teams.

You’re smoking crack dude

I'm not saying it will happen but there is a fair amount of fan base in both Nebraska & Arkansas that wouldn't mind competing in the Big 12. Those two additions would make the Big 12 a really good league.

I think both Nebraska & Arkansas would do better in the Big 12 than their current leagues. Even if the tv money would be a little less with success comes better fundraising which could offset the difference if it was small.

I think if Nebraska is to do better in the B1G the league would need to do divisions something more like
Div A: PSU, Neb., Ia., Md., Rutgers, Wisconsin, Illinois
Div B: OSU, Mich., MSU, Mn., Northwestern, Indiana, Purdue

Nebraska needs more access to the states in the league that have more recruits. The problem is PSU wants to play OSU every year which maybe that game could be protected. The other issue is the PSU vs OSU/Mich. have both been monster ratings games each year (some of the highest in CFB) and I don't see the B1G wanting to interrupt that.

FAX

Actually the Big 12 two alphas have scoreboards over the Big 10 alphas of recent memory

OU:

@ Ohio State, 2017

Texas:

Ohio State, 2008 Fiesta Bowl
Michigan, 2004 Rose Bowl

So where is the BS that they’re better coming from? Less natties between the two.

Nebraska shoots any conf up an extra 5 natties. So the big 12 is at 11 between OU and Texas and the Big 10 even with NU only edges the Big 12 by a couple at 13.5. Penn State has one in there. 7 OSU, .5 Michigan, 1 penn State.

I've always said only difference in the big 10 and big 12 is big 10 is more stable but it's all about Michigan and Ohio state the big 12 was Texas. The thing with the big 10 everyone else didn't mind being Ohio state and Michigans little bitches as long as they go to keep there trophy games
Agree 100%.

FAX

Actually the Big 12 two alphas have scoreboards over the Big 10 alphas of recent memory

OU:

@ Ohio State, 2017

Texas:

Ohio State, 2008 Fiesta Bowl
Michigan, 2004 Rose Bowl

So where is the BS that they’re better coming from? Less natties between the two.

Nebraska shoots any conf up an extra 5 natties. So the big 12 is at 11 between OU and Texas and the Big 10 even with NU only edges the Big 12 by a couple at 13.5. Penn State has one in there. 7 OSU, .5 Michigan, 1 penn State.
Penn State has 2.

Wisconsin losing to BYU
Michigan got owned by ND

Look who’s talking. This was funny. Our #5 ran your #1 off the field for 3 Q’s and hold two fluke plays would have played to the wire (shovel pass to defender and a 10 yard punt). Our #1 ran your #1 off their own field last year.

How is the Big Slow NOT a joke? Plz tell me. Was hyped as good as the SEC this year and completely has collapsed. Heck, the Big 12 could make an argument in a “down year” for being pound for pound with the B1G this year top to bottom.

Your entire conference is hanging on one natty in 2014 by the only team in your conference capable of winning one. Big 12 has two. OSU has 7 and Michigan has .5 natties in the poll era while OU and Texas share 11 legit between the two.

When was the last b-ball natty in the Big Slow? Like 1980? Not that Nebraska cares about b-ball but still rough for the B1G.

Nebraska won 5 natties in our conferences bc it ran them as an anchor and it benefitted from being close to its recruiting arteries. The Big10 has killed that. Just looked at the rankings and also where those players are from.

2009 for example: 1/3 of their kids from Cali, 1/5 from Texas and 10 win teams playing for a conf championship. Now? I’m sad to even look.

NU doesn’t belong in the Big 10 and it had a nice chance at being Big Boys like the Big 12 of old and the SEC, but I just don’t see it working out when you added Rutgers and Maryland to water it down. Terrible decision making.
What is the record for B1G against the Big 12 this year?

Your own program will never have any cache, all you have is being part of P5 conference. A very pathetic and poorly run conference that needed a waiver to play a conference title game because itlost 4 pillars to real P5 conferences and could only replace them with 2 AAC/Big East programs, but still a P5 conference.

Nebraska doesn't need the Big 12, you need Nebraska. Too bad you didn't realize that earlier.

Now go ask your daddy Texas for a few more crumbs.

Reactions: Huskred01

What is the record for B1G against the Big 12 this year?

Your own program will never have any cache, all you have is being part of P5 conference. A very pathetic and poorly run conference that needed a waiver to play a conference title game because itlost 4 pillars to real P5 conferences and could only replace them with 2 AAC/Big East programs, but still a P5 conference.

Nebraska doesn't need the Big 12, you need Nebraska. Too bad you didn't realize that earlier.

Now go ask your daddy Texas for a few more crumbs.

Congrats on your #1 beating maybe our #5 at best. ISU vs Iowa was a straight loss. KU beat Rutgers. So 1-2.

The 2 Big 12 alphas Have scoreboard on your 2 tho. The heavies is what defines conferences. The other teams flock to play with them. Bottom line.

I’m not dumb enough to think we don’t need Nebraska. They’ve been a cornerstone of the big 8/12 for 100 years. It’s absolutely ridiculous what happened 7 years ago and I want it annulled. THe big slow conference gonna Big slow and it’s killed the Nebraska recruiting and overall vibe. Mama in Texas or Cali doesn’t want to travel to New Jersey to watch her son.

And No fan in KC (where a ton of NU alumni live) i know likes being in that conference. They just were pissed at Texas but you can beat Texas on the damn field and the Big 12 has balanced its power lately again.

Wisconsin losing to BYU
Michigan got owned by ND

Yeah right! So much drama and exaggeration here, I just shook my head. The mighty WVU team who got hammered by ISU - who got dominated by Iowa, who is probably our 5th or 6th best team. The problem with the Big 12, they forgot how to play defense. Their scores are more like basketball scores (48-45? Seriously do their punters ever kick the ball?)

Congrats on your #1 beating maybe our #5 at best. ISU vs Iowa was a straight loss. KU beat Rutgers. So 1-2.

The 2 Big 12 alphas Have scoreboard on your 2 tho. The heavies is what defines conferences. The other teams flock to play with them. Bottom line.

I’m not dumb enough to think we don’t need Nebraska. They’ve been a cornerstone of the big 8/12 for 100 years. It’s absolutely ridiculous what happened 7 years ago and I want it annulled. THe big slow conference gonna Big slow and it’s killed the Nebraska recruiting and overall vibe. Mama in Texas or Cali doesn’t want to travel to New Jersey to watch her son.

And No fan in KC (where a ton of NU alumni live) i know likes being in that conference. They just were pissed at Texas but you can beat Texas on the damn field and the Big 12 has balanced its power lately again.
Like I mentioned before where was your school when the votes occurred? Let me refresh your memory they were voting to support Texas no Nebraska!!! Now maybe you as a fan want Nebraska back, but your school kst could careless less simply because they didn't support us in the first place, yes we gave kst lots of beat downs I'm sure that was a big reason they would vote against Nebraska but they failed to realize they made darn good money off of Nebraska from bowl money to fans coming down filling your stadium when you were gawd awful like us now. So yeah I'm not thrilled with the big 10 but we aren't going back either

Uh no, Ohio State and Michigan are better than your two alphas.

Once again your daddy Texas lost to Maryland. That would be game set and match.

Again you are painting a delusional clan type picture. The B1G is the oldest and most prestigious conference in the Nation. They are giants in both academia and athletic worlds. Nebraska's profile is being raised with their academic standing.

All you have is an almost and a winner in the cellar fight, as it regards to the athletic results. Nebraska doesn't need to talk about Maryland beating Texas to raise it's profile.

Like I said before, your school chose to side with Texas against your Big 8 brethren. They brought corruption and a bunch a bullcrap with them.

Nebraska is in a very good and secure place
. One must look elsewhere than just the results on the football field.

Posting on a message board is not going to change what is going to happen. Nebraska is never going back to the Big 12, you can keep saying they should. It's not going to happen, you guys should have stood firm with Nebraska. You chose your side, Nebraska saw the writing on the wall. They may not be up to Michigan or Ohio State's level on the field but they are equals in the B1G partnership. That is something you will never get with Texas or Notre Dame.

Your best hope is for Texas to go independent and the B1G to take Kansas for basketball, perhaps they could vouch for your inclusion in a 18 or 20 league team. Super conferences are coming, four to be exact. The Big 12 is not going to be one of the four.

Uh no, Ohio State and Michigan are better than your two alphas.

Once again your daddy Texas lost to Maryland. That would be game set and match.

Again you are painting a delusional clan type picture. The B1G is the oldest and most prestigious conference in the Nation. They are giants in both academia and athletic worlds. Nebraska's profile is being raised with their academic standing.

All you have is an almost and a winner in the cellar fight, as it regards to the athletic results. Nebraska doesn't need to talk about Maryland beating Texas to raise it's profile.

Like I said before, your school chose to side with Texas against your Big 8 brethren. They brought corruption and a bunch a bullcrap with them.

Nebraska is in a very good and secure place
. One must look elsewhere than just the results on the football field.

Posting on a message board is not going to change what is going to happen. Nebraska is never going back to the Big 12, you can keep saying they should. It's not going to happen, you guys should have stood firm with Nebraska. You chose your side, Nebraska saw the writing on the wall. They may not be up to Michigan or Ohio State's level on the field but they are equals in the B1G partnership. That is something you will never get with Texas or Notre Dame.

Your best hope is for Texas to go independent and the B1G to take Kansas for basketball, perhaps they could vouch for your inclusion in a 18 or 20 league team. Super conferences are coming, four to be exact. The Big 12 is not going to be one of the four.

Texas and OU both have scoreboard and natties on your two. That’s about all that matters on my books as for who is better.

Michigan was gawd awful 2005-2015. We even smashed Michigan in 2013 and loved every second of it. Was at the game.

Texas has been bad the same most of this decade but they’re #7 right now. Michigan lost to App State. Bad losses happen but Texas picked themselves back up.

Reactions: Wildcat414
Texas and OU both have scoreboard and natties on your two. That’s about all that matters on my books as for who is better.

Michigan was gawd awful 2005-2015. We even smashed Michigan in 2013 and loved every second of it. Was at the game.

Texas has been bad the same most of this decade but they’re #7 right now. Michigan lost to App State. Bad losses happen but Texas picked themselves back up.
Why don't you answer my question?

Like I mentioned before where was your school when the votes occurred? Let me refresh your memory they were voting to support Texas no Nebraska!!! Now maybe you as a fan want Nebraska back, but your school kst could careless less simply because they didn't support us in the first place, yes we gave kst lots of beat downs I'm sure that was a big reason they would vote against Nebraska but they failed to realize they made darn good money off of Nebraska from bowl money to fans coming down filling your stadium when you were gawd awful like us now. So yeah I'm not thrilled with the big 10 but we aren't going back either

Nebraska needed to realize a super conference only works if everyone is on board and NU was arrogant themselves in turning their nose up at including the Texas schools.

Honestly, NU thought they were invincible and then pointed fingers at their little brothers claiming we backstabbed them. F that man, we just all wanted what was best for everyone. No one was backstabbing anyone - that’s BS you guys want to fill your head with. Trust me. No one cares, we just all wanted the best conference Possible with everyone winning. NU wanted their ways, Texas wanted their ways, OU wanted their ways.

Conclusively, The 5 natties for NU all happened in the Big 8 and Big 12. Let me know when you win one with the Big Slow conference who will only ever win something with a school named Ohio State again, bc it’s so far outside the recruiting hotbeds of this country, but Ohio State will always be Ohio State. Michigan is the proverbial winningiest team who can’t win a natty. Penn State is Choke U and should have lost to App State. But I’m lowly kstate what do I know...

Whilst NU can play with OU and Texas back in the XII again and compete for championships with their natural recruiting arteries and rivalries.

It actually breaks my heart to see the power that is NU let Iowa fans talk trash and think they’re equals. What a joke. NU takes 100x dumps on Iowa. Little hardship lately for NU and all....y but Iowa is no better than Mizzou in my perception.

The move to the big 10 is a big part of our problem...we have had a steady decline in recruiting since we made the move...we are still barely top 25 in revenue, and we have no natural rivals anymore to create generational excitement. And the move to the big 10 was so nuts that I could see a move back to the big 12 in the next 10 years...especially as the T.V stuff evens out.

So, it's the Big Ten's fault that you are struggling? Thats way down on a list as long as my arm.

Since Pelini was looking to get out as far back as 2011, and since Riley spent 3 years converting Nebraska to Oregon State, it’s been 7 years the program has been languishing. That’s the biggest problem.

Yeah right! So much drama and exaggeration here, I just shook my head. The mighty WVU team who got hammered by ISU - who got dominated by Iowa, who is probably our 5th or 6th best team. The problem with the Big 12, they forgot how to play defense. Their scores are more like basketball scores (48-45? Seriously do their punters ever kick the ball?)

No the ISU offensive line was dominated by Iowa but the game was 13-3 and ISU didn't get their 1st game in to work out the kinks in their offensive line. The ISU defense dominated Iowa also. It didn't help that the ISU punter kicked two rugby style punts for 15 yards each, ironically their has been no rugby punting after week 1 and the punter has been solid.

Also, Iowa isn't the 5th or 6th best team, by the end of the year I think you will see they are maybe 2 or 3. They just handled Minnesota & Indiana on the road a lot easier than OSU did at home. The Wisconsin loss was a fluke, two special teams turnovers cost them the game.

Reactions: Huskred01
Nebraska needed to realize a super conference only works if everyone is on board and NU was arrogant themselves in turning their nose up at including the Texas schools.

Honestly, NU thought they were invincible and then pointed fingers at their little brothers claiming we backstabbed them. F that man, we just all wanted what was best for everyone. No one was backstabbing anyone - that’s BS you guys want to fill your head with. Trust me. No one cares, we just all wanted the best conference Possible with everyone winning. NU wanted their ways, Texas wanted their ways, OU wanted their ways.

Conclusively, The 5 natties for NU all happened in the Big 8 and Big 12. Let me know when you win one with the Big Slow conference who will only ever win something with a school named Ohio State again, bc it’s so far outside the recruiting hotbeds of this country, but Ohio State will always be Ohio State. Michigan is the proverbial winningiest team who can’t win a natty. Penn State is Choke U and should have lost to App State. But I’m lowly kstate what do I know...

Whilst NU can play with OU and Texas back in the XII again and compete for championships with their natural recruiting arteries and rivalries.

It actually breaks my heart to see the power that is NU let Iowa fans talk trash and think they’re equals. What a joke. NU takes 100x dumps on Iowa. Little hardship lately for NU and all....y but Iowa is no better than Mizzou in my perception.

At some point you can't always get to pull out the past tradition. Does Minnesota still get to tout their 5 national titles? Don't forget without a successful Iowa program and Coach Fry developing an excellent coaching staff that included Snyder KSU might very well have remained a 2-3 win team each year.

Reactions: Wildcat414

You just wanted what was best for the conference, but yet your school never I repeat never supported Nebraska. How is that being the best? What about moving the league office out of Kansas City and moving it to Texas, was that the best for the conference? See you fail to understand all of you other schools support for Texas gave them all the power, it wasn't Nebraska that was arrogant. I never saw your school get behind in supporting the Nebraska OU game to be played annually. Again it was only Nebraska. I believe someone from kst wrote a article or book about how the big 12 was designed to bring Nebraska down, so do act sad you all should be happy it's finally happened!!!

You just wanted what was best for the conference, but yet your school never I repeat never supported Nebraska. How is that being the best? What about moving the league office out of Kansas City and moving it to Texas, was that the best for the conference? See you fail to understand all of you other schools support for Texas gave them all the power, it wasn't Nebraska that was arrogant. I never saw your school get behind in supporting the Nebraska OU game to be played annually. Again it was only Nebraska. I believe someone from kst wrote a article or book about how the big 12 was designed to bring Nebraska down, so do act sad you all should be happy it's finally happened!!!

What did OU do to support playing you annually? Seems if anyone should have been able to do anything about that it would have been the Sooners?

KSU was going to tell anybody what to do, then or now?

your daddy Texas

KSU v Texas, all time:
10 wins, 9 losses

Nebraska v Texas, all time:
4 wins, 10 losses

Sure, when Bill Snyder is gone (and from the looks of our crazy premium board a bunch of KSU fans want him gone three years ago) we probably go back to being Futility U but just the same he's proof that it wasn't ever about crooked officiating in the Big XII causing you to lose to Texas. And Texas sure isn't our daddy.

You don’t think ESPN and FOX could match the Big 10 in adding NU and another team like an Arky or even Houston/UCF with a big tv market? All are better than Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana and Illinois. What a joke of teams.

You’re smoking crack dude

Then why didn’t they do it when they had the chance? Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Texas A&M. I blame the Big 12 more than the networks. IMO the Big 12, at its inception, had the potential to become THE perineal conference in College Football, but the leadership pissed it away over the course of a decade. The leadership could have gone after the network money, but they preferred Texas and the south to the detriment of the conference as a whole.

At this point it’s not a matter of COULD ESPN and Fox match the Big Ten, it’s a matter of WOULD they match the Big Ten. UCF really brings no added benefit to ESPN or Fox by joining the Big 12. The Florida TV market is already saturated with Florida, Florida State and Miami which means they are probably already pulling a significant share of the Orlando market. And the Orland market is not going to outweigh the New York, DC and Philly markets they are pulling out of the Big Ten. As for Houston, that’s better, but again with Texas, TCU, Texas Tech and Texas A&M the Texas market is taken an I’m guessing that includes a significant portion of the Houston market. So there’s really little to gain. And need I remind you that the Big 12 already rejected UH, UCF and USF as recently as 2016?

And while we’re discussing football, the reality is that TV revenue is pennies compared to the CIC money that comes to the University. There is currently over $10 BILLION in research funding being provided to the 14 Big Ten schools. That’s more than the Ivy League and State of California research system combined. Despite what most people think, that football is the driving force, the reality is that the establishment of every university in the nation centers around higher education. The primary function of the University of Nebraska is education. The overwhelming percentage of faculty, students, and day to day operations of the school are focused around academics. Football is simply a byproduct of the institution. UNL could, and would continue on even without a football program. And the Regents of Universities must act in a fiduciary capacity, which means they must act in the best interest of the university as a whole. For the NU regents to move NU back to the Big 12 they better have a damn good reason, and football tv revenues would not be good enough. To do so would be considered by many a breech of fiduciary duty and could potentially open up the university and the board to very serious legal issues.

So considering the Big 12 has already told UCF, USF, and Houston thanks but no thanks. And considering a move back to the Big 12 would not be in the best interest of the University of Nebraska as a whole and therefore is highly unlikely if not completely improbable, the only one around here smoking crack is you

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
Northwestern fan here. Man, suck it up, continue to support Frost and rebuild. You will do fine. You are down now, so what? Will make the victories sweeter. Super fan base, great facilities, it will come around again. See the positives. Everything is more competitive now. How competitive? Northwestern just dropped $270 mil into a practice facility. Accept you may not dominate like Ohio State that sells their soul for football but you will be pretty damn good. Everyone is down on the Big 10 and the refs but trust me that the Big 10 wants Nebraska to return to the elite level more than anyone. Why do you think Nebraska was selected to join the conference? Wasn't because of the number of TV sets in Omaha. It was because Nebraska is a national name. Get with it and stop complaining. Frost has the right idea.

KSU v Texas, all time:
10 wins, 9 losses

Nebraska v Texas, all time:
4 wins, 10 losses

Sure, when Bill Snyder is gone (and from the looks of our crazy premium board a bunch of KSU fans want him gone three years ago) we probably go back to being Futility U but just the same he's proof that it wasn't ever about crooked officiating in the Big XII causing you to lose to Texas. And Texas sure isn't our daddy.
Nebraska vs KSU, all time:

78-15-2

Reactions: TFrazier
Because your bad at football doesn't mean you're getting shafted by the B1G.

The bullshit 7-year waiting period until we were full members with full pay when Maryland and Rutgers got to waltz in with a waiver. Repeatedly scheduling our two toughest games on the road back-to-back in consecutive weeks. Generally giving NU a schedule 20-30% tougher than Iowa's. Even on the academic side, several of our new conference "mates" voting against NU's AAU membership right after we joined.

Our sucking at football is indeed our own problem and we're working on it. And I also get that Delany wanted to leverage as many name matchups as he could to maximize revenue, thus the heavy schedules. But let's not act like it's been open arms.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT