ADVERTISEMENT

I don’t know whether it is intoxication or mobile...

tenor.gif

My texting/etc has gone to crap since I got a tempered glass cover on my new phone. Hate it and its caused a lot of auto-correct problems and it's too much of a pita to always go back and fix. If it was a serious paper, I would make the effort.

issues, but I see a lot of ridiculous spelling and grammar errors. I assume most of us are older than 12. I’m not the grammar police, but I know how to not look like an idiot. Especially with spellcheck...even when I’ve been drinking. Like, right now...and I’m talking straight tequila. Clean it up fellas.

Wish I could like this 1000 times...

I here ya dawg. I come here to be around profound scholars who only speak in dignified ways that us higher ups in society deem fit. Friggin white trash has gotten out of hand up in here. I bet if Sean charges 50 cents a month for access to this board we would weed out a good bit of this uneducated, clearly incestly driven, gibberish these incoherent misfits are spewing out of there skoal filled, tooth deprived mouths. Holler back.

Reactions: husker2612
I here ya dawg. I come here to be around profound scholars who only speak in dignified ways that us higher ups in society deem fit. Friggin white trash has gotten out of hand up in here. I bet if Sean charges 50 cents a month for access to this board we would weed out a good bit of this uneducated, clearly incestly driven, gibberish these incoherent misfits are spewing out of there skoal filled, tooth deprived mouths. Holler back.
If there was an unlike button, I would use it in response to this.

issues, but I see a lot of ridiculous spelling and grammar errors. I assume most of us are older than 12. I’m not the grammar police, but I know how to not look like an idiot. Especially with spellcheck...even when I’ve been drinking. Like, right now...and I’m talking straight tequila. Clean it up fellas.
Text message and twitter are ruining punctuation, grammar and spelling. I no doubt have caught myself many a time.

IF this was some sort of peer reviewed journal that reflected in any way on our stature in society it might be different, however we are all internet posters who really dont give 2 rats arses.

If you meant what i knew, who cares.

Are you posting on PC or smartphone? Smartphones have an auto-correct feature which, like a spell checker, only correct a misspelling. The keyboards on smartphones are small which increased the likelihood of selecting the wrong letter. Spellcheckers only change to a correct spelling, and the correct spelling may create a grammatical error. Also, spell checkers on both PC & smartphones can flag a correctly spelled word because the word doesn't exist in it's dictionary.

And let's not even get into all the acronyms the young'ins use on social websites. That really makes comprehension difficult for us older farts.

So, may I suggest we lighten up on spelling & grammar criticisms and try to limit our discussions to the points being made.

It's probably more likely lack of education. But, whatever the reason, I think it's funny. I laugh at people who are stupid.

Very demeaning post to the Iowa fans that visit this board. As a Nebraska fan, you are better than this!

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
I turned off spell-check on all my phones. And God blesh the United Shates.

Reactions: Baxter48
It's probably more likely lack of education. But, whatever the reason, I think it's funny. I laugh at people who are stupid.
I wouldn't say it is a lack of education. Just people not caring and being lazy. I am included. I don't really care, don't feel like taking the time to proof read and spell check, especially on a msg board. If I am writing an email to my boss or fellow colleague or client you bet I pay closer attention.

If the person get there point of view across who care. English language is really funky such as hear here there their I probably missed one of each. If you had a terrible English teacher when you were young your probably screwed same way with math. Lighten up Francis!!!

Reactions: husker2612
Go back to drinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT