ADVERTISEMENT

I am curious will there be more black and gold than red on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyNed

Sep 9, 2015
http://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/t...-end-could-be-33-iowa-fans-at-the-game.67781/

Knowing that many Nebraska fans sold their tickets weeks ago.

My neighbors kids both go to UNL and said the majority of students won't come back to Lincoln in freezing weather to watch a game that at best allows the team to go 6 - 6. You can pretty well count out the student section.

I also know that hundreds if not thousands of Iowa fans bought tickets from Nebraska fans.

Curious if you think it will be at least 50% Hawks in the stands?

No, Memorial has yet to become Ryan Field or Illinois stadium. But there will be a good portion of gold there. Certainly very noticeable on TV.

Look Iowa fans - Nebraska can go to a place like South Bend and take the joint over. Iowa can and will never be able to take over a major program's stadium.

Sea of Red on Friday and we'll still offer you a beer (if you pay for it).

Reactions: elvis1403
http://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/t...-end-could-be-33-iowa-fans-at-the-game.67781/

My neighbors kids both go to UNL and said the majority of students won't come back to Lincoln in freezing weather to watch a game that at best allows the team to go 6 - 6. You can pretty well count out the student section.

I also know that hundreds if not thousands of Iowa fans bought tickets from Nebraska fans.

54166380.jpg

The fact you hit "Post Reply" after typing that has me more concerned about your knowledge of percentages in mathematics than any amount of black/gold that may speckle the end zone corners come Friday.
We do thank you for the scoop that came from your neighbors kids! I'm sure they are right, nobody will "come back" for this game. Laughing

I really don't expect too many more Iowa fans in the stadium than there have been for their last two trips to Lincoln. They do have a fairly good amount show up, and the 2:30 start time will help, but they've filled their own stadium what, once, this entire season. There will be several thousand, and they will be loud at times.

Your neighbors kids have lost their minds even though we know this is an attempt to rustle jimmies.

There's no way. If they can't fill their own stadium, on Senior Day, during an undefeated season and to clinch their first division title ever, they'll not think twice making an effort to come to Lincoln. If anything, Iowa fans probably sold their tickets to the game to Husker fans.

There's no way. If they can't fill their own stadium, on Senior Day, during an undefeated season and to clinch their first division title ever, they'll not think twice making an effort to come to Lincoln. If anything, Iowa fans probably sold their tickets to the game to Husker fans.
You do realize it was a blizzard? Iowa brings no less than 40 thousand.

Reactions: LGEND24
You do realize it was a blizzard? Iowa brings no less than 40 thousand.
Iowa might have 4-8k in the stands. There will probably be more black in the stadium than normal as some Nebraska fans will wear their winter coats and a lot of people don't have red coats. Guess we'll see how many Iowa fans show up by how loud they are or by gold in the stands.

My guess for the max is maybe close to a quarter of the fans Iowa fans, but thats guessing very high. If our Husker fans sold Iowa fans that many tickets, those dude need to lose there season tickets FOREVER. You never sell out on your Husker team EVER!

The lack of black and gold will be due to the fact that Iowans are too busy spending their $ on their professional sports team(s). Wait, they don't have any of those, yet, they can't even pack their stadium to capacity during, literally, one of their best years EVER.

After spending 5+ years in eastern Iowa, I'm pretty sure they'll all be going to bed early so they can wake up and add wood to their fireplaces so their pipes don't freeze - no joke, until moving to Iowa I'd never met anyone who actually had to do that to keep their homes heated (lot alone most people). They love their Hawkeye football, and they love their archaic style of living. I'm from Nebraska, and my wife and I used to make jokes about them having to get up nice and early to feed their pigs. And I'm from Nebraska. That's saying something.

The best part is they would always talk about how much time they've spent in Chicago, all while stoking their home heating system with wood. The Quad Cities are nice, though, if you like to comb your hair forward. Laughing

Last edited:
Reactions: Corn_King
I really don't expect too many more Iowa fans in the stadium than there have been for their last two trips to Lincoln. They do have a fairly good amount show up, and the 2:30 start time will help, but they've filled their own stadium what, once, this entire season. There will be several thousand, and they will be loud at times.
Loud at times. Like when singing the Iowa Fight Song at the end of the game?

You guys do realize that there was almost a foot of snow that stopped a few hours before the game. I was at the Purdue game, it was cold.......to be honest, Iowa has been picked for some bowls in the past in part because they travel well........I will say that NU does a good job of protecting their house and have a loyal fan base.....but, so does Iowa.......ask Indiana this year, it sounded like a home game :)

The weather is an excuse for the Purdue game what about all the others?

You guys do realize that there was almost a foot of snow that stopped a few hours before the game. I was at the Purdue game, it was cold.......to be honest, Iowa has been picked for some bowls in the past in part because they travel well........I will say that NU does a good job of protecting their house and have a loyal fan base.....but, so does Iowa.......ask Indiana this year, it sounded like a home game :)
That article was written 6 days before the game. Thousands of tickets available 6 days before the game. Don't make it sound like the tickets were sold but people didn't show due to weather...

The weather is an excuse for the Purdue game what about all the others?
They were saving their money for the Bears game (sorry), or the Cubs game (sorry again, but lol). BTW, none of those teams are based in Iowa. I did enjoy watching all the closet Cubs fans come out of the woodowork this year, only to be humiliated.

They were saving their money for the Bears game (sorry), or the Cubs game (sorry again, but lol). BTW, none of those teams are based in Iowa. I did enjoy watching all the closet Cubs fans come out of the woodowork this year, only to be humiliated.
I figured they were saving money so they could go to the new Tom Arnold-Ashton Kutcher blockbuster movie!!!LaughingSick

Couple of things fellas.....I am not thinking there will be a overload of Hawk fans out there. I could be wrong, and would love to see it. Thanksgiving and the long road is just enough to keep people at bay. It has really been strange this year know that we have not sold out all our home games. I can understand early in the year due to low expectations, but later in the year? The Purdue game was a little disappointing though. We were supposed to take a group of 15 and get our tickets at the gate, but the storm stopped us. I have no idea how many others were like us, but be that as it may, that game should have been sold out long before Saturday.

Looking for a good game in Lincoln though!!!

Reactions: timnsun
In all seriousness, you guys should be commended for still showing up in droves to support such an awful product. Im not trolling either... I don't understand that kind of blind loyalty

There were more Michigan State fans at the MSU game than I expected, I think that there will be a lot of black and gold there on Friday. Nothing close to 40K, but I wouldn't be surprised to see 10-15K.

Reactions: 2for3
Couple of things fellas.....I am not thinking there will be a overload of Hawk fans out there. I could be wrong, and would love to see it. Thanksgiving and the long road is just enough to keep people at bay. It has really been strange this year know that we have not sold out all our home games. I can understand early in the year due to low expectations, but later in the year? The Purdue game was a little disappointing though. We were supposed to take a group of 15 and get our tickets at the gate, but the storm stopped us. I have no idea how many others were like us, but be that as it may, that game should have been sold out long before Saturday.

Looking for a good game in Lincoln though!!!

Long road?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT