ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not necessarily upset we lost …

We used to love having QBs like him. Guys that can’t throw in the pocket at all but can make it work with their feet and some well timed play action. The staff has a lot of data , now put a good game plan together for next week.
Yes. But that was in Osborne’s offense. Can the current offense be tweaked in that direction? Offensive coordinators have a tendency to stick with their system since it is what they know and it is what they spent all of Spring and Fall installing. They also tend to stick with their QB since he is the guy they have spent the most time with getting him to run the system in place. Sure, if we stick with their same system we can still run Sims more than we did. But he ran it 19 times. We need to run him more?? How long will he last if we do that? If we are going to run the QB 25 or more times a game we should look to Haarberg.

Personally, I think what we will see going forward is more of a tweaking of the passing game than a big change toward running the ball 85% of the time. Safer passes and with instructions for Sims to tuck it and run rather than try to thread a needle with a dangerous pass. He also needs to be given one or maybe two throwing options and if both are covered to take off or dump it off to a back. Sims cannot really read defenses very well it seems so it has to be kept simple.

Reactions: dinglefritz and c3o
Yes. But that was in Osborne’s offense. Can the current offense be tweaked in that direction? Offensive coordinators have a tendency to stick with their system since it is what they know and it is what they spent all of Spring and Fall installing. They also tend to stick with their QB since he is the guy they have spent the most time with getting him to run the system in place. Sure, if we stick with their same system we can still run Sims more than we did. But he ran it 19 times. We need to run him more?? How long will he last if we do that? If we are going to run the QB 25 or more times a game we should look to Haarberg.

Personally, I think what we will see going forward is more of a tweaking of the passing game than a big change toward running the ball 85% of the time. Safer passes and with instructions for Sims to tuck it and run rather than try to thread a needle with a dangerous pass. He also needs to be given one or maybe two throwing options and if both are covered to take off or dump it off to a back. Sims cannot really read defenses very well it seems so it has to be kept simple.
That what gets me, he is a junior and he has been making these mistakes for over two years now it concerns me that he isn’t going to change and what is Satterfield looking for in a QB?

Is Daniel Kaeiln going to be our QB of the future next year.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

I think sims is built better than a lot of RBs. I think he can take some hits.

His passing is terrible

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That what gets me, he is a junior and he has been making these mistakes for over two years now it concerns me that he isn’t going to change and what is Satterfield looking for in a QB?

Maybe…. DK looks shaky so far. We need a big time QB

All this shows how much losing Raiola to Georgia stings. The QB is so freaking important, particularly in college ball. Haven’t been following DK, but we need a home run sooner than later.

If Sims can’t calm down and stop the picks he’s gonna be on the bench, but he is who he is. I have a feeling we will see Purdy playing at some time against CU. Hope I’m wrong.

All this shows how much losing Raiola to Georgia stings. The QB is so freaking important, particularly in college ball. Haven’t been following DK, but we need a home run sooner than later.

If Sims can’t calm down and stop the picks he’s gonna be on the bench, but he is who he is. I have a feeling we will see Purdy playing at some time against CU. Hope I’m wrong.
I don’t believe Raiola was ever serious about coming here, but yes Rhule needs to find a QB and I think Rhule got a little bad advice on how Sims is as QB…

maybe we’re jumping the gun after one game but we can’t keep trotting out a turnover machine..

I made the point a month ago that this team will be much better in November than August/September. Losing to Minnesota sucks but I still believe Wisconsin and Iowa will be wins.
All of the games save Michigan are winnable games. Most will also be easy to lose.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I’m devastated we lost THAT way.

Proud of our defense - got a TO when we desperately needed one and got serious stops. Minny receiver made an absolutely amazing catch for that TD. We looked physical and every tackle our boys were flying to the ball. For an O to give up the rock 4 times and hold to 13 is a solid effort.

I was explaining how the game went to my wife this morning and couldn’t believe the words.

—How, how is Grant our back in crunch time when he wasn’t protecting the ball in practice? “If you aren’t protecting the ball you won’t play for us” - was the quote if I recall correctly. Absolutely pissed.

—Sims is staring down his receiver the entire time - then at least get him a mirrored visor. “Sunday guy - turnover rep isn’t deserved - etc”. Dude made great plays with his legs but back-breaking TO’s - end zone and to close out the game. Why can’t we have a QB who protects the freaking ball.

I’m not writing the team off by any means and was on the edge of my seat the whole game and excited for our D. The O moved the ball well and rarely had 3 and outs.

Penalties and turnovers. Let’s see if the staff can clean them up. Bounce back week in CO - kick Sanders’s ass and come back and get some home field love!!!!

That amazing catch the Minn receiver made for a TD should not have stood. There were 2 O linemen moving and the refs didn’t call either. Combine that with the blown review call on our TD in the first half and the refs cost us 14 points. With 4 turnovers and 7 penalties and poor play calling we deserved to lose but the refs didn’t help any.

Reactions: RBigredMax
I believe we will be lucky to win 4 games this year. I thought the coaching was awful. Our only good play was on a broken play. The QB running all the time will only last for so long. I expected more from the Head Coach. Why we did not take the for sure 3 points at halftime is unbelievable. Especially with our O-Line. Also, having a running back that fumbles all the time in practice- in the game at the end is just stupid. What was Rhule thinkng??? We will be lucky to win 4 games if we play like we did Thursday night. The OC and the Head Coach make millions, a High School coach could have done a better job. Just a horrible game and Coaching!!!

Not that it means anything, but ESPN's computer has NU with a 58.8% chance of winning.
stan marsh laugh GIF by South Park

• Haha
Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
I believe we will be lucky to win 4 games this year. I thought the coaching was awful. Our only good play was on a broken play. The QB running all the time will only last for so long. I expected more from the Head Coach. Why we did not take the for sure 3 points at halftime is unbelievable. Especially with our O-Line. Also, having a running back that fumbles all the time in practice- in the game at the end is just stupid. What was Rhule thinkng??? We will be lucky to win 4 games if we play like we did Thursday night. The OC and the Head Coach make millions, a High School coach could have done a better job. Just a horrible game and Coaching!!!
Awesome use of bold text.

Now go back to the Iowa board.

That amazing catch the Minn receiver made for a TD should not have stood. There were 2 O linemen moving and the refs didn’t call either. Combine that with the blown review call on our TD in the first half and the refs cost us 14 points. With 4 turnovers and 7 penalties and poor play calling we deserved to lose but the refs didn’t help any.
This! I don't know how they missed the false start! That would have made it 4th and 20. I don't think they could convert!

Reactions: RBigredMax
I made the point a month ago that this team will be much better in November than August/September. Losing to Minnesota sucks but I still believe Wisconsin and Iowa will be wins.
These conference games to start the season are ridiculous. It’s a whole different narrative if we opened with Middle Tennessee State at home. Hell if we had finally gotten a HOME conference opener this was likely a win. We really needed a patsy for an opener for this team and staff.

Reactions: Seascout3
These conference games to start the season are ridiculous. It’s a whole different narrative if we opened with Middle Tennessee State at home. Hell if we had finally gotten a HOME conference opener this was likely a win. We really needed a patsy for an opener for this team and staff.
You can’t complain about the schedule AND praise the media money

This is what $70M+ per year gets us

1st off we shouldn’t have been so excited playing over in Dublin.. Because of Covid we play at Illinois..

Then we try it again in which there was no excuse losing to NW, except SF thinking he is cute kicking on side kick with a 9 point lead..

B1G screws us over scheduling a game against Minnesota when we already had Colorado scheduled years in advance..

How many Power 5 schools ever start the season with 2 away games against power5 teams..

Reactions: dinglefritz

I could see Kaelin getting to play if the INTs continue.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT