ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday PC

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
Anybody else think Matt Rhule looks a bit tired and run down? The PCs Monday and today didn't seem to have his normal pop. Maybe he's had a cold? Lots of colds going around right now. Or maybe he is regretting what he got himself into knowing he could be making the same money for doing nothing. Or perhaps he underestimated the enormity of the job, it is not Temple, Baylor or Carolina. Maybe being overshadowed by the volleyball team is depressing. It is possible he knows to win this game the Cornhuskers will have to score 28 points and that is virtually unachievable, so he knows Saturday will be a loss. Anyway, he seemed somewhat subdued this week.

Anybody else think Matt Rhule looks a bit tired and run down? The PCs Monday and today didn't seem to have his normal pop. Maybe he's had a cold? Lots of colds going around right now. Or maybe he is regretting what he got himself into knowing he could be making the same money for doing nothing. Or perhaps he underestimated the enormity of the job, it is not Temple, Baylor or Carolina. Maybe being overshadowed by the volleyball team is depressing. It is possible he knows to win this game the Cornhuskers will have to score 28 points and that is virtually unachievable, so he knows Saturday will be a loss. Anyway, he seemed somewhat subdued this week.
Maybe he is tired of hearing from idiots like you.

Since when has the volleyball team overshadowed the football team?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Sorry I exaggerated - five years
120-22
20-33
Which team is overshadowing the other?
What is your metric for "overshadowing"?

I can walk into every house, bar, or gas station in Nebraska and strike up a conversation about Matt Rhule, HH, Sims, Coleman, etc. Probably could do the same in large parts of Iowa, SD, Kansas.

I probably couldn't get half the people in Nebraska to name 2 volleyball players on the #1 ranked team. Hell, I can't even name 2 vb players and I read the vb thread when I get bored.

Records for one, recent success for two and relevence within the sport three.

I'm not saying VB is bigger than Husker football, but let's be honest one program is in a rebuild for the last 5-10 years and the other is not.

Football is a more popular and followed sport than VB whether it's in Nebraska or any other state.

Records for one, recent success for two and relevence within the sport three.

I'm not saying VB is bigger than Husker football, but let's be honest one program is in a rebuild for the last 5-10 years and the other is not.

Football is a more popular and followed sport than VB whether it's in Nebraska or any other state.
Is it bowling that has a really good team? Would you also say they overshadow football?

What is your metric for "overshadowing"?

I can walk into every house, bar, or gas station in Nebraska and strike up a conversation about Matt Rhule, HH, Sims, Coleman, etc. Probably could do the same in large parts of Iowa, SD, Kansas.

I probably couldn't get half the people in Nebraska to name 2 volleyball players on the #1 ranked team. Hell, I can't even name 2 vb players and I read the vb thread when I get bored.
Well said.

I know a guy that is loaded and has season tix to FB and VB and BB.. His daughter loved VB when she was playing, then she stopped playing when she was like 16...he would pretty much beg people to take the tickets. Like most VB fans, he was a fan of his daughter and her happiness. Once she was no longer interested in VB, he was not interested.

Wanna know where he is every FB home game? In his tailgate spot and then in his seats...and so is his daughter who is now in college.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
or maybe he's having the time of his life.

"I probably couldn't get half the people in Nebraska to name 2 volleyball players on the #1 ranked team."

That actually would be an interesting survey. Particularly this year. Bonus points if they can name 2 of the five freshman, and I think we'd be surprised at the percentage that could.

"I probably couldn't get half the people in Nebraska to name 2 volleyball players on the #1 ranked team."

That actually would be an interesting survey. Particularly this year. Bonus points if they can name 2 of the five freshman, and I think we'd be surprised at the percentage that could.
I don't know man...I did not even know they had 5 freshmen on the team.

Is Lexi Sun still on the team?

Reactions: JOHNNY N

I could name 2 but I might get a first name wrong and I don’t follow them closely.

So glad you came scurrying out from under the baseboards after 22 years to call people idiots and comment that people's posts you disagree with are "dumb". Hope you had fun posting the last few months and if you go away again for another 20 years I'm sure no one will care.

Reactions: Laner2
Krause, batenhorst, Lexi, bergen Reilly, choboy, Allick, Jackson, kubick, Bosinger, Orr, Beason, Mendelson, Murray and jurevicious who I think is going to be medical redshirt.

No seniors and we signed 2 today. Somebody's probably moving on

Multiple choice, I'd like my chances picking out two.

Having to name 2 off the top of my head without any options.... I'd guess the most common last names and hope to get lucky. Smith? Johnson? Martinez? Rodriguez?

Since the 1990's. That's the last time football was rated #1.
Like I said, being good doesn't mean you overshadow anyone. I also love how people are making this argument on a football message board. How many vb boards are there and how many people post on them?

• Wow
Reactions: GaRed
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT