ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers upset #1 Purdue 88-72

Sign me up. I was a hater after year three. Last year they started playing some ball, and now they are a very good team. Seems like Fred has his blueprint in place
Things aren’t always as black and white as we think. Nebraska has been a tough place to coach for a very long time. Hoiberg was a really good hire and our patience IMO is being rewarded. I think his players really like playing for him and that helps.

Nebraska is going to be the first 13-3 team with a win over the #1 team in the country, a win over Michigan State and a solid road win over a bubble team to not receive any votes for the Top 25. Just like when they broke records being the first ever 4 seed in the Big 10 to not make the Tournament... and being a 5 seed in the NIT. Let's not forget the hate

• Wow
Reactions: dinglefritz
Really enjoyed the peacock post game & broadcast. Enjoyable to watch, and weren’t homers for certain teams. Move it all to the cock

Reactions: DonlugoQ
Nebraska is going to be the first 13-3 team with a win over the #1 team in the country, a win over Michigan State and a solid road win over a bubble team to not receive any votes for the Top 25. Just like when they broke records being the first ever 4 seed in the Big 10 to not make the Tournament... and being a 5 seed in the NIT. Let's not forget the hate
Yeah but rankings don’t mean much anymore. Build your tournament resume and let someone else bask in the glow of being #24.

I’ll be one of those that apologize for being distraught with Hoiberg and the program after the early part of the season. I thought it was going to be more of the same. But it’s obvious Fred has assembled a better bunch of team player guys. And it’s showing. I purchased a month of peacock simply to watch the Chiefs play Saturday, but having it to watch this game may have been even better.

We had no business winning that game in Columbia. I went with a Mizzou buddy and other than our bench I was the only guy in red in the stands. It’s been so long ago that I can’t remember much about the game. I think Stipanovich had an off night. That Mizzou team was loaded. I played some pickup ball at the campus rec center with Jon Sunvold and Rickey Frazier. Frazier was dumber than a box of rocks but man he was an incredible athlete.
Very nice. My brother in-law is currently at med school at Mizzou and plays in a campus rec league. I’ve partied with him there. He’s got some game too as he handed Bol Bol one of his worst performances in high school. I’ll probably make it back to Columbia in the near future.

I’ll be one of those that apologize for being distraught with Hoiberg and the program after the early part of the season. I thought it was going to be more of the same. But it’s obvious Fred has assembled a better bunch of team player guys. And it’s showing. I purchased a month of peacock simply to watch the Chiefs play Saturday, but having it to watch this game may have been even better.
Fred really hit on the portal additions this year. I do think COVID hurt us maybe a little more than some other teams with better area recruiting bases.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Sign me up. I was a hater after year three. Last year they started playing some ball, and now they are a very good team. Seems like Fred has his blueprint in place

It's a miracle we got a coach with Hoiberg's resumé to coach this train-wreck of a program.

He messed up his first couple years here by letting Matt Abdelmassih do all of the recruiting and having too much influence. Once he got rid of that douche, things turned around.

It's a miracle we got a coach with Hoiberg's resumé to coach this train-wreck of a program.

He messed up his first couple years here by letting Matt Abdelmassih do all of the recruiting and having too much influence. Once he got rid of that douche, things turned around.
I know it’s an unpopular opinion but cutting Doc loose was another good move. I know people love Doc but he’s not a great coach and he was a crappy recruiter.

I agree 100%. Matt went after the wrong guys and it showed in selfish play and lack of teamwork

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
This. His initial plan sucked, and wasted two years, stealing money with help from lazy-ass Moos. A nod to Trev Alberts for applying some pressure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT