ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers upset #1 Purdue 88-72

8brspe.jpg

Man - this would be a nice one to get. Probably not a ‘Must Have’, more of a ‘Nice to Have’. Winning actually gives NU a little cushion; losing just mean NU needs to get a road win somewhere down the line.

Man - this would be a nice one to get. Probably not a ‘Must Have’, more of a ‘Nice to Have’. Winning actually gives NU a little cushion; losing just mean NU needs to get a road win somewhere down the line.

I had mentioned in previous threads that for NU to remain on the NCAA bubble, they need to go 9-0 or 8-1 at home. They could lose tonight to the Zombie, but their margin of error in wins/losses goes down and they would need to "steal" at least 1 road win to make up for it. For every home loss, Huskers need to offset with a road win - preferably getting any win(s) against an upper tier team in the standings. Wisconsin game was one that would have been nice, but they stunk it up and Vadgers were extremely hot.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I had mentioned in previous threads that for NU to remain on the NCAA bubble, they need to go 9-0 or 8-1 at home. They could lose tonight to the Zombie, but their margin of error in wins/losses goes down and they would need to "steal" at least 1 road win to make up for it. For every home loss, Huskers need to offset with a road win - preferably getting any win(s) against an upper tier team in the standings. Wisconsin game was one that would have been nice, but they stunk it up and Vadgers were extremely hot.
Still some big opportunities.. if we can win 3 or 4 of these we have a decent shot to get in.

Purdue at home
@ Illinois
@ OSU
Wisky at home
@ Iowa
@ NW
OSU at home

Last edited:
Still some big opportunities.. if we can we 3 or 4 of these we have a decent shot to get in.

Purdue at home
@ Illinois
@ OSU
Wisky at home
@ Iowa
@ NW
OSU at home

Gotta protect The Vault. We have a chance against OSU, Iowa, and NW on the road. B1G refs will let The Zombie and Illinois hammer us, so we better be red hot from 3-point stripe and hope the other team has an off night.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I don't think we will know until warmups before the game tonight. But the way he landed on his teammates foot with a couple of minutes left in the Wisconsin game I would assume he is questionable/doubtful.
It was ugly.

Gotta protect The Vault. We have a chance against OSU, Iowa, and NW on the road. B1G refs will let The Zombie and Illinois hammer us, so we better be red hot from 3-point stripe and hope the other team has an off night.
Why are tickets only going for $4 bucks on Stub Hub? I thought with #1 in town it would be a hard ticket to get.

Wow. I’m so shocked the refs are banging us so hard on both ends so early… 😒

If Mast can stretch the floor and hit 3’s that could get interesting against big Mongo. Good effort early!
Fix is in again eh?

Huskers have shown they can bounce back after a loss. Piss poor defense against Wisconsin and I don’t see it being that bad coming back home for tonight

Painter wants someone arrested every time Flopper Loyer takes a dive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT