ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers roll into Bloomington as 6 point dogs

I would feel better about beating a good team on the road if our kicking game wasn't such a disaster. Four kicks blocked in the last two games. We're going to need four TDs to beat Indiana. Minimum.
If coaching is honest with themselves then they’d realize that fgs are off the table outside the 15 yard line. Be well prepared with a plethora of short down yardage plays.

If coaching is honest with themselves then they’d realize that fgs are off the table outside the 15 yard line. Be well prepared with a plethora of short down yardage plays.
I agree. I've been saying for two games now (before the four blocked kicks even) that if we cross mid-field, it is four down territory. Avoid negative plays. Try like hell to at least get 4th & manageable. Do not attempt any FG's unless it's closer than 40 yards and we're sitting at 4th & long.

We've also got issues scoring once we get into the red zone. That isn't going to change until we do a better job establishing the run & not relying on Dylan to do everything.

I agree. I've been saying for two games now (before the four blocked kicks even) that if we cross mid-field, it is four down territory. Avoid negative plays. Try like hell to at least get 4th & manageable. Do not attempt any FG's unless it's closer than 40 yards and we're sitting at 4th & long.

We've also got issues scoring once we get into the red zone. That isn't going to change until we do a better job establishing the run & not relying on Dylan to do everything.
We gotta throw some NIL money at UAB’s kicker. Dude is 10 for 10 on the year

Until we get Alvanto back I have no confidence in kicking FG more than 30 yards..

FG kicking and not allowing punts being blocked even though Buschini had his back jerked out could be the difference in being 6-6 and and 8-4..

Until we get Alvanto back I have no confidence in kicking FG more than 30 yards..

FG kicking and not allowing punts being blocked even though Buschini had his back jerked out could be the difference in being 6-6 and and 8-4..
Well if Alvano isn't back this week I doubt he is coming back this year.

Weather looks fantastic Saturday. 5 mph wind. Dry. 60's, lower 70s. Perfect for Raiola to throw some bombs.

Stop the run early. That is the key. Turn James Williams loose on 2nd or 3rd and long. Well timed bye should help with Tommi, allow more time to acclimate Wright, and hopefully allow for Blye Hill to see some action.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Aside from the blocks, which Rhule said were not the fault of the kicker, Hohl has at least been closer on his misses and seems more likely to turn a corner. Alvano has been *slightly* worse imo, but splitting hairs really.

Aside from the blocks, which Rhule said were not the fault of the kicker, Hohl has at least been closer on his misses and seems more likely to turn a corner. Alvano has been *slightly* worse imo, but splitting hairs really.
Closer on his misses 🤣🤣. You’re probably gonna tell me he looks great in warm ups as well.

Just like in golf.. I don’t care how you hit them on the range. How do you play out on the course. Close misses are the difference between a birdie and a bogey. Close misses are the difference in a W and a L. Get a guy that can make them.

For some reason this kind of reminds me when NU were favored by 7 at home against the Illini..

Too bad this game isn’t at night on NBC, but it might be to our advantage playing them at 11:00 am..

Nice to be out of insidenebraska Jail..
Why would a noon game (Bloomington time) be to your advantage? Forecast is for sunny and 70, so weather will be perfect.

Closer on his misses 🤣🤣. You’re probably gonna tell me he looks great in warm ups as well.

Just like in golf.. I don’t care how you hit them on the range. How do you play out on the course. Close misses are the difference between a birdie and a bogey. Close misses are the difference in a W and a L. Get a guy that can make them.
Obviously…I was saying Hohl has looked better than Alvano, in a hair splitting way. That’s it. He’s the tallest midget in the room. Alvano is not going to be some huge “difference maker” to get back on the field like the poster I responded to was saying. Thought that was pretty clear.

I play more active sports than golf, but golf seems like a poor analogy, where closer misses actually do matter, unlike field goals. Better comparison would be an army sniper. We agree: Get a guy that can make them and ditch both of these bums.

5emk85.gif

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Indiana 31
NU 20

No field goals for us. 3 tds with a missed XP. Yes we are taking kicking ineptness to a new level.

Nebraska Football Plan for Indiana: 3 yards rushing on first down. 3 yards rushing on second down. 3 yards rushing on third down. Two yards rushing on fourth down. This equals a first down. Repeat the same.

Indiana's defense is way over-rated, especially the front line. Linebackers are mediocre.

Cornhuskers need to own the line on the offense.

No field goals or punting...JUST GO FOR IT!!!!

Reactions: V-Doub
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT