ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers roll into Bloomington as 6 point dogs

Some early money has been put down on the Hoosiers and spread is now +6 and 51 for the O/U..

I would feel better about beating a good team on the road if our kicking game wasn't such a disaster. Four kicks blocked in the last two games. We're going to need four TDs to beat Indiana. Minimum.
If coaching is honest with themselves then they’d realize that fgs are off the table outside the 15 yard line. Be well prepared with a plethora of short down yardage plays.

If coaching is honest with themselves then they’d realize that fgs are off the table outside the 15 yard line. Be well prepared with a plethora of short down yardage plays.
I agree. I've been saying for two games now (before the four blocked kicks even) that if we cross mid-field, it is four down territory. Avoid negative plays. Try like hell to at least get 4th & manageable. Do not attempt any FG's unless it's closer than 40 yards and we're sitting at 4th & long.

We've also got issues scoring once we get into the red zone. That isn't going to change until we do a better job establishing the run & not relying on Dylan to do everything.

I agree. I've been saying for two games now (before the four blocked kicks even) that if we cross mid-field, it is four down territory. Avoid negative plays. Try like hell to at least get 4th & manageable. Do not attempt any FG's unless it's closer than 40 yards and we're sitting at 4th & long.

We've also got issues scoring once we get into the red zone. That isn't going to change until we do a better job establishing the run & not relying on Dylan to do everything.
We gotta throw some NIL money at UAB’s kicker. Dude is 10 for 10 on the year

Until we get Alvanto back I have no confidence in kicking FG more than 30 yards..

FG kicking and not allowing punts being blocked even though Buschini had his back jerked out could be the difference in being 6-6 and and 8-4..

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
Until we get Alvanto back I have no confidence in kicking FG more than 30 yards..

FG kicking and not allowing punts being blocked even though Buschini had his back jerked out could be the difference in being 6-6 and and 8-4..
Well if Alvano isn't back this week I doubt he is coming back this year.

Weather looks fantastic Saturday. 5 mph wind. Dry. 60's, lower 70s. Perfect for Raiola to throw some bombs.

Stop the run early. That is the key. Turn James Williams loose on 2nd or 3rd and long. Well timed bye should help with Tommi, allow more time to acclimate Wright, and hopefully allow for Blye Hill to see some action.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

What reason is there to have confidence in Alvano?

Aside from the blocks, which Rhule said were not the fault of the kicker, Hohl has at least been closer on his misses and seems more likely to turn a corner. Alvano has been *slightly* worse imo, but splitting hairs really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT