ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers line has moved to 9 favorite over Illini

People watching the game last year and asking them, “which one of these teams do I think improved the most?”

At home and a night game I think we win by 17.
Similar to what I said last week, but I hope our Defense comes to play. We got gashed a bit and we need to shore that up. Lately this game has got away from us and I feel like they could be a dangerous team. Rhule needs to get the focus back and hopefully the O gets it back rolling. I really want to see Neyor, Banks and Barney shred these guys.

Reactions: dinglefritz
People watching the game last year and asking them, “which one of these teams do I think improved the most?”

At home and a night game I think we win by 17.
we won going away last year

should've been worse if grant could hang onto the football

I think this Friday will be something like 30-0

illinois is absolute trash

Similar to what I said last week, but I hope our Defense comes to play. We got gashed a bit and we need to shore that up. Lately this game has got away from us and I feel like they could be a dangerous team. Rhule needs to get the focus back and hopefully the O gets it back rolling. I really want to see Neyor, Banks and Barney shred these guys.
Agreed and think the D will be ready for the challenge after poor tackling last week. Think they will come out with a chip on their shoulder and ready to make a B1G statement. Can’t wait!!!

Last edited:
we won going away last year

should've been worse if grant could hang onto the football

I think this Friday will be something like 30-0

illinois is absolute trash
also, 3 turnovers, on the road, on a short week. We also had just been smashed by Michigan, came out the next day and ran the full pad practice of death on Sunday.

I think we are a much better team, and Illinois is the same team.

Reactions: king_kong_
Agreed and think the D will be ready for the challenge after poor tackling last week. Think they will come out with a chip on their shoulder and ready to make a B1G statement. Can’t wait!!!

200w.gif

also, 3 turnovers, on the road, on a short week. We also had just been smashed by Michigan, came out the next day and ran the full pad practice of death on Sunday.

I think we are a much better team, and Illinois is the same team.
Last year really doesn't matter now. I don't bet football but IF I did I would probably take Illinois and the points. I think this will be a slobberknocker close game that comes down to the last possession.

Reactions: GaRed
Last year really doesn't matter now. I don't bet football but IF I did I would probably take Illinois and the points. I think this will be a slobberknocker close game that comes down to the last possession.
It's amazing how people think we're world beaters after playing no one. I think we win a close one. We haven't seen Dillon under hard pressure , playing from behind or on the road. I have ??? I hope I'm wrong on my prediction but I just haven't seen enough and our history to get comfortable. I knew we would beat the Buffs and that the N. Iowa would be a bit of a let down. I think I have the pulse , we shall see.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It's amazing how people think we're world beaters after playing no one. I think we win a close one. We haven't seen Dillon under hard pressure , playing from behind or on the road. I have ??? I hope I'm wrong on my prediction but I just haven't seen enough and our history to get comfortable. I knew we would beat the Buffs and that the N. Iowa would be a bit of a let down. I think I have the pulse , we shall see.

I don't think beating Illinois=world beaters.

With the exception of the first half of the CU game, I think Nebraska has been playing with one foot on the brake pedal. I think we cover and we see backups in the 4th quarter again.
I’m right here with you on this. I feel like the staff has been building depth and trying to work on what we’re bad at to improve as a team. I could be wrong, but it feels like they’re holding back

Reactions: mgbreis
With the exception of the first half of the CU game, I think Nebraska has been playing with one foot on the brake pedal. I think we cover and we see backups in the 4th quarter again.
i hope you're right. I've got a bad feeling about this one. I was pretty sure we should blow CU out. This one is different. They have a legit team IMO.

I can't help but think how OSU runs this conference with elite qb and WR play. Watching Texas go up and down the field on Michigan reminded me of that. Yeah, yeah, they lost a bunch of people to the NFL.

We have a deadly accurate passer with a versatile and very athletic wr room. Hard to see our defense giving up enough points to lose a game like this.

I can't help but think how OSU runs this conference with elite qb and WR play. Watching Texas go up and down the field on Michigan reminded me of that. Yeah, yeah, they lost a bunch of people to the NFL.

We have a deadly accurate passer with a versatile and very athletic wr room. Hard to see our defense giving up enough points to lose a game like this.
We could end up being 7-0 going into the Horseshoe, but that still won’t erase the last 7 years or so from fan’s Minds. The PTSD is real.

We’re gonna have some close games, and we’re going to play from behind at some point. Just don’t think it will be this Friday. Memorial at night against a sub-par Illinois team… don’t see it being very close unless we turn the ball over. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT