ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers at Michigan

You think watching this makes me happy? You think I didn't say they should pull the plug on Miles as soon as he got home from the PSU game? I just know that firing and hiring should not be an emotional process. There is NOTHING to gain by firing Miles before the end of the tournament.

Nothing to lose either though. Either way, it doesn't matter BUT if anything in the long run it could be safer. If you don't can him and there are upsets in the BTT and NU ends up facing, NW, Minny, Illinois, Rutgers and shit like that...maybe they sneak in...maybe they win a game in the dance. Now what?

Everyone already knows what his outcome is...make it easy.

Reactions: scarletred
You think watching this makes me happy? You think I didn't say they should pull the plug on Miles as soon as he got home from the PSU game? I just know that firing and hiring should not be an emotional process. There is NOTHING to gain by firing Miles before the end of the tournament.

It’s been emotional a long time ago before the Penn St game..

Nothing to lose either though. Either way, it doesn't matter BUT if anything in the long run it could be safer. If you don't can him and there are upsets in the BTT and NU ends up facing, NW, Minny, Illinois, Rutgers and shit like that...maybe they sneak in...maybe they win a game in the dance. Now what?

Everyone already knows what his outcome is...make it easy.
IFFFFFFF Miles did what you just said, he should be coach of the year. Good heavens we don't have to worry about that. It AIN"T happenin. So what IF an assistant did that? Then you're stuck with people wanting to remove the interim tag and make them the head coach. Nah. I'll take my chances with MIles finishing the year. It's his show. Let him wallow in it.

IFFFFFFF Miles did what you just said, he should be coach of the year. Good heavens we don't have to worry about that. It AIN"T happenin. So what IF an assistant did that? Then you're stuck with people wanting to remove the interim tag and make them the head coach. Nah. I'll take my chances with MIles finishing the year. It's his show. Let him wallow in it.

Ohhh Bull $&£¥¥

It’s been emotional a long time ago before the Penn St game..
The PSU game was the coup de grace. There was no chance of salvaging anything after that loss and we played as bad as I've seen us play since some of Doc's games. PSU has more talent than most on here have given them credit for, but that loss was inexplicable.

Ohhh Bull $&£¥¥
Bull#### about what? You don't think if an interim head coach won the B1G tournament and won a game in the tourney with this roster that fans wouldn't want them named permanent head coach? Go sober up.

Who woulda thunk that recruiting big men and not playing hero ball would actually work. So glad we are about done with Miles incompetence. Off to the summit league he goes.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Haha, I just realized the game was half over. Didn't even know it was on, thankfully. Just tuned in - did Palmer not start the 2nd half???? Jeeeeeezzzzee. About effing time.

Reactions: TheNewNU
Wow. Nice little run by the bench. Only starters in the game are Watson and Borchardt.

Bull#### about what? You don't think if an interim head coach won the B1G tournament and won a game in the tourney with this roster that fans wouldn't want them named permanent head coach? Go sober up.

C’mon buddy that isn’t going too happen in hell anyway..

You’re the one that needs a drink.

Gotta be a nice feeling being a player who has been benched and they are doing a tight zoom on your face while questioning whether you're a player who has quit on his team. What an embarrassment.

The color guy is just trashing Roby and Palmer. 'I don't care what any NBA guy says, there is no one on the Husker bench right now that deserves to be in the game.'

Reactions: mgbreis
C’mon buddy that isn’t going too happen in hell anyway..

You’re the one that needs a drink.
I'm not the one that started the scenario of Miles doing that as a reason to fire him now. There is no reason to fire him now. None. We might win a game on the first day of the B1G tourney but that isn't going to save Miles's job. He's done. The decision's been made by now.

Should have benched Palmer when he monopolized the ball for the first 4-5 minutes of the game. If you want to send a message, do it before you’re down by 25.

But hey, the good news is a new coach won't have to worry about how to get the most out of Roby next year. He gone.

I'm not the one that started the scenario of Miles doing that as a reason to fire him now. There is no reason to fire him now. None. We might win a game on the first day of the B1G tourney but that isn't going to save Miles's job. He's done. The decision's been made by now.

I’d hate to take a vote on Husker online to prove you wrong..

But hey, the good news is a new coach won't have to worry about how to get the most out of Roby next year. He gone.
To where? the Washington Generals. Most overhyped player in NU history, this kid will never make an NBA roster, has no want to. I question whether he even likes playing basketball.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Been saying it all year Palmer was a selfish Petteway clone and cancer maybe we will be lucky and not see him the rest of the year!!!

hmm, Palmer & Roby zero points at the half, what 20 minutes each too? about time they sit, down 20 plus points and zero 3's as a team at the half? is the entire coaching staff gone already actually.... think either of the last two could be more embarrassing than this one? maybe Bill will choose to save the travel expenses for Tuesday and put it into the next chapter.

To where? the Washington Generals. Most overhyped player in NU history, this kid will never make an NBA roster, has no want to. I question whether he even likes playing basketball.
Probably D league or Europe.

Been saying it all year Palmer was a selfish Petteway clone and cancer maybe we will be lucky and not see him the rest of the year!!!
Except Petteway was actually good and his mom had cancer his junior year. Palmer is not in the same league as Petteway.

he needs a coaching change maybe more than anybody on the roster. Look at Watson. He went from a confident guy his first year to just an emotional mess. I don't know what mind games Miles plays with his players but they don't work.

Reactions: 5bigguns
he needs a coaching change maybe more than anybody on the roster. Look at Watson. He went from a confident guy his first year to just an emotional mess. I don't know what mind games Miles plays with his players but they don't work.
100% agree. I think Roby is a good kid with promising talent that would flourish under a lot of coaches in the BIG.

tumblr_mh35b2dHbt1s29dslo1_400.gif

Fans wanting Miles fired before the conference tournament..

Since it wouldn't serve no purpose..
Fans may want it done. I WANTED IT DONE AFTER PSU.!!!! ADs are paid to make rational unemotional decisions. Fans are not.

If Moos isn't at this game and is listening to Dakich he has to be incensed.

I won't deny he has way more potential than anyone we've had since Nee was here. But at some point you gotta sink or swim and the kid is sinking like a rock under Miles. Granted he's playing out of position, hopefully if he does come back the new coach will find a true big so he can play his natural position instead of the 5 spot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT