ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers are 7.5 favorite over Neons Buffs

buffdown.jpg.dd313db020f301ccedef25be115dec91.jpg
That inbred idiot had the cannon upside down?

Hard rock is giving me Nebraska-6.5 so had to jump on that . Went ahead and took Texas -6.5 as well
I love UT -6.5 (also I had no idea Hard Rock was even around anymore!)

I am not sure if Michigan just played lame on Saturday but I think they are back to their old super lame offense.

I also love KU -5 at Illinois.

For this game, I am going to take CU and the points. I still think Sanders throws the ball 40+ times, that will be 30+ completions and over 300 yards. I just don't see this game ending up in some sort of easy Husker win.

Not quite that simple. We gotta score some points in there somewhere too.
Well of course, which means controlling the clock forcing Colorado stop the running game which I think they will have difficulty in doing, ND St also was successfull we threw the air 18-22 for 277..Colorado didn’t handle the crowd noise in Eugene last year and it’s going to a ruckus crowd Saturday night..

Not quite that simple. We gotta score some points in there somewhere too.
Of course we have to score. But the strength of this CU team is not their defense. I am confident we can score on them. The question is can we score enough? Which means can we slow down the ONLY thing CU has going for them -- a great QB and some great receivers? The key to the entire game really is getting pressure on Sanders. If we give him a clean pocket to pass from on most plays then we will lose since he will pick us apart. We need a really loud crowd and we need to put him on his back over and over. We need to make him damn uncomfortable. Because if we don't we will lose.

Reactions: headcard and V-Doub
Of course we have to score. But the strength of this CU team is not their defense. I am confident we can score on them. The question is can we score enough? Which means can we slow down the ONLY thing CU has going for them -- a great QB and some great receivers? The key to the entire game really is getting pressure on Sanders. If we give him a clean pocket to pass from on most plays then we will lose since he will pick us apart. We need a really loud crowd and we need to put him on his back over and over. We need to make him damn uncomfortable. Because if we don't we will lose.

Put this way, if I’m asking you (anyone) what are you more concerned about… Sanders, Hunter and Horne going off for 40 or their defense holding us to less than 10 points? The latter is preposterous, we can probably score 24-30 on CU without even passing the ball. (If we don’t turn over the ball 😳)

If we can’t score on CU we’ll get beat by 2-3 TDs and it will be a very long season in the B1G.

Put this way, if I’m asking you (anyone) what are you more concerned about… Sanders, Hunter and Horne going off for 40 or their defense holding us to less than 10 points? The latter is preposterous, we can probably score 24-30 on CU without even passing the ball. (If we don’t turn over the ball 😳)

If we can’t score on CU we’ll get beat by 2-3 TDs and it will be a very long season in the B1G.
It is not so much that NU won't score it really has more to do with when CU scores.

If they get the ball first and score a TD and NU DOESN'T score on their drive, you are in such a bad spot. Getting down 14-0 changes the NU game plan even if they don't mean to change it, but it will change the way plays are called.

Reactions: shocksker
It is not so much that NU won't score it really has more to do with when CU scores.

If they get the ball first and score a TD and NU DOESN'T score on their drive, you are in such a bad spot. Getting down 14-0 changes the NU game plan even if they don't mean to change it, but it will change the way plays are called.

We will score on CU. As someone else said… “Will we score enough?”

Correct, Stop theor 1st drive. Score. Stop theor 2nd drive. At that point you have the ball with a chance to crush their spirit in the 1st quarter.

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT