ADVERTISEMENT

Husker bball vs Wisconsin

Another last second brain fart by our senior point guard. That said, the officials cost us this game with 40 seconds left in regulation when they called a jump ball when Morrow got mugged. The kid grabbed his arm then when Morrow took the ball to the floor the kid grabbed him around his leg and they called a freaking jump ball. Horrible officiating all night.

13-20 from the line in regulation cost Nebraska this game.

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
The most consistent aspect of Nebraska basketball is their ability to miss free throws late in games. Maddening to watch them piss away games they could win because they suck at free throws.
They missed them the whole game. I for one, would have liked to see less Morrow and more Roby. Morrow just wasn't getting it done against Wisconsin's length and every time we sat Jake and tried to cover that kid with Jack he just backed him in and if we doubled they kicked it out for 3s.

Reactions: 1 person
We also got beat AGAIN with ball movement, and when it mattered most, we showed no ability to do the same.

They missed them the whole game. I for one, would have liked to see less Morrow and more Roby. Morrow just wasn't getting it done against Wisconsin's length and every time we sat Jake and tried to cover that kid with Jack he just backed him in and if we doubled they kicked it out for 3s.
He fouled out... try again

and of course, Wisconsin has to luck out. banking in a 3, fml

And need a coach who knows what to do at the end of games. He has cost them no less than 4 wins this year......
. He's beat 2 ranked teams this year and if we had reasonably good officiating in regulation it would have been 3. Wisconsin BANKED in a 3 from the top of the key and had another clanker in the last minute that hit the side of the rim, the bank board and then went in. Good Lord. IF Morrow could make a free throw we win by 3-5 points.

Gotta say, the refs screwed us twice in the last minute, and Miles needs to submit tape to the conference. Shitty refs need to be held accountable for piss-poor officiating. They cost us this game.

Gotta say, the refs screwed us twice in the last minute, and Miles needs to submit tape to the conference. Shitty refs need to be held accountable for piss-poor officiating. They cost us this game.
The big kid from Wisconsin traveled EVERY time he touched the ball and we got zero calls on him the whole game for it. He would shuffle 10 feet with no call then the next time down the floor they call Jack for a travel on a legal move.:mad:

How many positions do you think we had in the game.:confused:

Enough to do this numerous times:

shooting-yourself-foot-cartoon-humor-concept-illustration-saying-proverb-40092718.jpg

Reactions: scarletred
I will ask again. When an offensive player taps a rebound into the backcourt, and a teammate retrieves it, is that over and back?

I will ask again. When an offensive player taps a rebound into the backcourt, and a teammate retrieves it, is that over and back?
I thought a Wisconsin player touched it too.

It must have something to do with unestablished posession. Was just a loose ball.
I really dont know im just throwin out a plausible guess.

Don't believe so. The ball has been shot so No one has possession, and the tip doesn't count as possession. I think I remember the situation and I didn't expect it to be called.

Things that always seem to happen in nebraska basketball, every season, that hold us back from getting over the hump.
1. Horrid turnovers. We do things high school teams dont do. Doesnt matter the year, coaches, or players. Do we practice passing to "ghosts"? Because we do it a lot. And a lot after a timeout on the floor.

2. Awful free throw shooting. Again, worst than high schools. I wouldnt be surprised if all our players had better free throw percentages when they were in high school.

3. Inexcusible reffing. Cant blame it on them, but nebraska gets the short end of the stick. Its subconcious...we are supposed to lose and the refs know it.

I dont know why i get my hopes up. These things plague every team from time to time, but not as consistently and as dire as nebraska.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak
I know many of you want Miles fired. However, turnovers and free throws. How is that the coach's fault?
Don't waste your time. The vocal MINORITY has been on this rant for a couple of years. They wanted the drunk that replaced Miles at CSU.

better teams get calls. cubs used to never get a call. last year, they got calls galore. i don't think it's intentional, just the way it is.

better teams get calls. cubs used to never get a call. last year, they got calls galore. i don't think it's intentional, just the way it is.
You have to think that NCAA seeding prospects play a role subconsciously. You know darned well that the refs know what's what and don't want to be the guys to screw the B!G out of a potential top seed.

I know many of you want Miles fired. However, turnovers and free throws. How is that the coach's fault?
How can turnovers automatically be all the fault of the players? Could it possibly be poor practice planning, inability to teach a system, running a poor system, etc?
Im not saying it is all that but your logic is totally flawed. Well coached teams dont turn the ball over near as much, period.

ADVERTISEMENT