ADVERTISEMENT

Husker Baseball

Wait I thought we were top 2 now your argument is we're not? Let me know what your argument really is
I will never be caught dead calling the B1G a top 2 conference unless discussing money (only thing B1G is elite at)

those are B1G fans' words, not mine, and it's the prevailing sentiment around here

I will never be caught dead calling the B1G a top 2 conference unless discussing money (only thing B1G is elite at)

those are B1G fans' words, not mine, and it's the prevailing sentiment around here
What conference is #2 in football? Just curious

You’re my favorite troll. Never wavering. Love it.
yea, it's trolling to post facts about the B1G

you're not the first to say this. nor will you be the last.

the only thing you dipshits always leave out is proof to the contrary (because there is none)

3 postseason baseball births for iowa in going on 50 years. in hindsight, my post was an insult to the Missouri Valley Conference.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Was it obvious? I might not even rank them #3
yes.

of course you wouldn't.

you are blind to on-field results, just like every B1G fan.

you probably think minnesota's or iowa's bowl win counts the same as TCU's playoff win (a common thread for B1G apologists). maybe even more since TCU got beat so badly by UGA

you also very likely (and very conveniently) ignore the fact the B1G went 1-3 vs the Big 12 head-to-head in 2022

yes.

of course you wouldn't.

you are blind to on-field results, just like every B1G fan.

you probably think minnesota's or iowa's bowl win counts the same as TCU's playoff win (a common thread for B1G apologists). maybe even more since TCU got beat so badly by UGA

you also very likely (and very conveniently) ignore the fact the B1G went 1-3 vs the Big 12 head-to-head in 2022
Hmmm, interesting.

I generally prefer to take a deeper look than just what the top team did in January but everyone has their own system.

But even looking at it with so little contemplation, consider the B1G had two teams that took the national championship teams to the brink, that should make up for the absolute clown show that is the rest of the B12, but maybe it doesn't in your mind.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Hmmm, interesting.

I generally prefer to take a deeper look than just what the top team did in January but everyone has their own system.

But even looking at it with so little contemplation, consider the B1G had two teams that took the national championship teams to the brink, that should make up for the absolute clown show that is the rest of the B12, but maybe it doesn't in your mind.

I guess we'll agree to disagree.
here you go - P5 records vs other P5 leagues in 2022:

SEC - 17-9 (2-0 in CFP)
Big 12 - 9-9 (1-1 in CFP)
B1G - 9-10 (0-2 in CFP, 1-3 vs big 12)

whatever mental gymnastic you need to do to talk yourself out of the above will be just that & nothing more

I am also not surprised to see you reference the B1G's biggest win of the season in your post (ohiost's LOSS to Georgia)

imagine for just 1 second referring to actual head-to-head records and actual outcomes of actual games played as a "system"

only B1G fans, folks. literally

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
here you go - P5 records vs other P5 leagues in 2022:

SEC - 17-9 (2-0 in CFP)
Big 12 - 9-9 (1-1 in CFP)
B1G - 9-10 (0-2 in CFP, 1-3 vs big 12)

whatever mental gymnastic you need to do to talk yourself out of the above will be just that & nothing more
Oh so you think those conferences played equal foes? Hmmm. Let's think about this, do you think... Like honestly think... That if Michigan and TCU played 10 times TCU would win half or more?

Of course not this year, but in Basketball the B1G is top 2 majority of the time..

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Oh so you think those conferences played equal foes? Hmmm. Let's think about this, do you think... Like honestly think... That if Michigan and TCU played 10 times TCU would win half or more?
are you capable - for even a single post - of being intellectually honest?

michigan held a lead against TCU in the game they actually played for a grand total of ZERO seconds

spare me the hypotheticals. we are discussing facts.

Big 12 vs Big Ten in 2022

DateBig 123-1Big Ten
2022-12-31Texas Christian51-45Michiganbowl
2022-12-27Oklahoma State17-24Wisconsinbowl
2022-09-17Oklahoma49-14Nebraskaaway
2022-09-10Iowa State10-7Iowaaway

are you capable - for even a single post - of being intellectually honest?

michigan held a lead against TCU in the game they actually played for a grand total of ZERO seconds

spare me the hypotheticals. we are discussing facts.
Nah it's good. There are some people that can only evaluate things on the surface... Let's call it box score level.

Nothing to be ashamed about, most fans probably fit in that category.

Reactions: huntered
Nah it's good. There are some people that can only evaluate things on the surface... Let's call it box score level.

Nothing to be ashamed about, most fans probably fit in that category.
so, let me get this straight

you are somehow a deeper thinker than me because you ignore what actually happens and instead base your opinion on what you think "would" or "should" happen?

B1G fans. hilarious.

Well top gun way to totally derail the thread and crap💩on the baseball team beating the seventh ranked team in the country..

Very well played.. Thought you were a Husker fan?
I crapped on the team by saying these wins have been & should continue to be the norm? and by saying we are peers with the SEC in baseball?

yea, okay

@SWIowahawks is it true your team has made it into the baseball tournament two (2) times in the last 31 years?

and 3 times since 1975?

suck my ass, douche nozzle
Thanks for admitting you were wrong. Everyone who follows Husker baseball should be rooting for every big win from the conference. I dislike everything Big Red but I’m at least smart enough to know my team needs them to have some big wins. Keep trolling, however.

so, let me get this straight

you are somehow a deeper thinker than me because you ignore what actually happens and instead base your opinion on what you think "would" or "should" happen?

B1G fans. hilarious.
Don't beat yourself up for not understanding nuance. It's really not your fault.

Don't beat yourself up for not understanding nuance. It's really not your fault.
high & mighty

B1G fans' only retort when presented with facts that don't match up with their worldview

can you please explain the nuance to me - a simpleton who believes outcomes matter?

or are you going to go sniff your own farts like the intellectual superior you wish you were?

Heller and Iowa look damn good this year too.
Fingers crossed. Friday starter has kind of struggled for being picked as the Big Ten pitcher of the year preseason. Brecht and Morgan on the weekend can be wild cards with control. Brecht is unhittable if he is hitting the strike zone. Loooooong season to go. Next week would be huge.

Reactions: saluno22 and 9and4
high & mighty

B1G fans' only retort when presented with facts that don't match up with their worldview

can you please explain the nuance to me - a simpleton who believes outcomes matter?

or are you going to go sniff your own farts like the intellectual superior you wish you were?
Lol cute. Outcomes matter at a macro level significantly and only partially important on a micro level

you have been an active member on this board for nearly 20 years

you LOVE at least one thing Big Red, fvckwad
I’ve only come to the Nebraska site since Riley. I got banned for politely saying it wasn’t a good hire. But anyways, go Big Ten.

I crapped on the team by saying these wins have been & should continue to be the norm? and by saying we are peers with the SEC in baseball?

yea, okay
No one is saying were peers with the SEC in baseball. Those are your written words

Lol cute. Outcomes matter at a macro level significantly and only partially important on a micro level
macro level? like the B1G's 2 outright national titles in the last 53 years? or the B1G's all-time sub-.500 record vs its P5 peers?

I'm sure only the macro outcomes you deem important are the ones that matter. and those surely don't include actual games played on the field.

thanks for proving my point about B1G fans. takes a lot of ignorance & gymnastics to talk yourself into believing what you and many others believe.

keep those blinders on, fella. facts are lost on you & every B1G fan

No one is saying were peers with the SEC in baseball. Those are your written words
I am saying that.

and it's what every Nebraska Baseball fan should say.

we don't need help from the likes of iowa this year or ever. we should win the B1G tourney every year & punch our own ticket.

macro level? like the B1G's 2 outright national titles in the last 53 years? or the B1G's all-time sub-.500 record vs its P5 peers?

I'm sure only the macro outcomes you deem important are the ones that matter. and those surely don't include actual games played on the field.

thanks for proving my point about B1G fans. takes a lot of ignorance & gymnastics to talk yourself into believing what you and many others believe.

keep those blinders on, fella.
Lol

I’ve only come to the Nebraska site since Riley. I got banned for politely saying it wasn’t a good hire. But anyways, go Big Ten.
you've been a member here since Sept 2, 2006.

10 years before Riley was hired.

as always, f*ck the big ten

you've been a member here since Sept 2, 2006.

10 years before Riley was hired.

as always, f*ck the big ten
I’ve been on Rivals since then. Always stayed on the Iowa site until Riley. You tired of being wrong yet? Sheesh.

Why do you hate Nebraska baseball?

Reactions: wkato
I’ve been on Rivals since then. Always stayed on the Iowa site until Riley. You tired of being wrong yet? Sheesh.

Why do you hate Nebraska baseball?
to summarize my "hate" for Nebraska Baseball:

- SEC teams are our peers
- these wins should be the expectation
- we should be the favorite to win the B1G tourney every year

we don't need help from programs with 3 postseason births in 50 years

to summarize my "hate" for Nebraska Baseball:

- SEC teams are our peers
- these wins should be the expectation
- we should be the favorite to win the B1G tourney every year

we don't need help from programs with 3 postseason births in 50 years
Computers and committees say you do. Unless, you’re happy missing post season play in seasons Nebraska doesn’t win the conference regular or tournament titles. Face it, we are in this together homie.

Computers and committees say you do. Unless, you’re happy missing post season play in seasons Nebraska doesn’t win the conference regular or tournament titles. Face it, we are in this together homie.
results (facts) say we dont:

we've been to the tourney 5x since joining the B1G in 10 seasons (postseason canceled in '20)

3x as an at-large

we play a tough non-con for a reason

again, I know facts are completely lost on B1G fans, so try and follow along

• Haha
Reactions: SWIowahawks
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT