ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Game this Week

C’mon get a clue..
So you didn't watch the games, then? Turnovers deep in our own territory, big defensive stands, with subsequent horrible field position for the offense? Each time? This is not a long-term idea, just lean on the strength of the team, the defense, for a few more games this year to minimize risk. Get that #1 JUCO return man next year and go nuts.

That's simply not realistic. It takes time to get all the moving parts in a offense to get right. Too young and too many new players / changes for this offense to get better overnight. Turnovers can be corrected . They're trying . I doubt it gets much better this year but the pain we're going thru this year will pay off next season. It is what it is , a process.
I agree my comments weren’t necessarily based on what’s realistic.
Turnovers, focus, and energy/attitude can all be improved without much more than a few conversations.
The overall chemistry and talent development=performance improvement will take time.
Everything within the team’s control should be enough to do something and compete against our remaining schedule.

Haarberg lacks a ton of game experience, but is also in his 3rd year of college. Grant is experienced and we got multiple guys on the line with years of experience.
I’m ok having a certain level of expectation for all of them.
Emmett Johnson, one of the smallest, showed the most heart “running over” Purdue’s big #4 on a play that was resulting in a punt no matter what. Gimme that tenacity across all positions, and we should see some results.

I realize few teams would do it, but I wish we’d kick off whenever we have the choice to kick or receive. Obviously receiving has been a terrible choice in recent games.
The current strength of our team is our defense so kicking off would make a great deal of sense.

So you didn't watch the games, then? Turnovers deep in our own territory, big defensive stands, with subsequent horrible field position for the offense? Each time? This is not a long-term idea, just lean on the strength of the team, the defense, for a few more games this year to minimize risk. Get that #1 JUCO return man next year and go nuts.
No coaches decides on the flip of the coin by prior history when deciding the coin flip if you can receive the 2nd half kick off..

Reactions: OzzyLvr
Gonna be a dogfight on Saturday morning. NU favored at -3ish and O/U of 34.5. Not going to be exactly a typical frigid November Michigan morning. We need to get to their frosh QB early and often. And can we please win the turnover battle?

Let’s go 1-0, get the bowl monkey off our back, and swing the F*** away at the West.

NU 17
MSU 13

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT