ADVERTISEMENT

Huge Game this Week

cornhead1

Senior
Sep 13, 2007
All the games all huge this time of year, but Michigan St will be tough at home - we have played a couple home games and won, but this will be a real challenge for the Huskers on the road. I know MSU is winless in Big10 play, but the boys need to stay focused on one game at a time. I like that about Rhule and his philosphy regarding game weeks and the season.

I see a close hard hitting game, similar to the NW game.

Husker 21-16

I’m starting to get nervous for every game again. Didn’t so much the last few years cause in the back of my mind I knew there was a big possibility we’d lose. Just don’t want us sleeping on anyone, cause if we don’t, we could win out
Iowa score will be interesting

Nebraska- 8
Iowa - 4

Nebraska wins on 4 Safety's to Iowa's two

Nebraska- 8
Iowa - 4

That line could break the under record set by Iowa three different times this season. I think this weeks 29.5 is the record. The Neb/Iowa O/U could be lower.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Huskers are 9-3 vs Spartans all time going back to 1914. 2-3 in last 5 games including the thriller in Lincoln in 2015 when Tommy Armstrong threw a 30-yard touchdown pass to Brandon Reilly with 17 seconds left to play. Also includes the total melt-down OT loss in East Lansing in 2021.

MSU is on a 6-game losing streak with nothing to lose. MSU and UNL have exactly the same offensive production at 322 yards per game. On defense, it's MSU allowing 360 ypg and Huskers at 298 ypg.

Weather forecast is 53 degrees and cloudy.

This game is going to be tight and defense and punt teams, as usual, will be the key. I look at MSU as a team in the same situation Nebraska was in during Frost's last season. Downtrodden, demoralized, and players looking to get out. That said, if offense can limit the turnovers, Huskers get this one by 10 points.

We seem to have MSU 's number. They have been losing and nothing to play for. With that said we have not earned any reason to take any win for granted. The only thing that really brings me concern is that's it's on the road.
ALL TRUE

Reactions: headcard

Nebraska- 8
Iowa - 4

I would argue that score comes from a pick 6, missed PAT and a safety.
Our punting is ok, but not good enough to generate 4 safeties. haha

It could very well be first defense to score a TD wins.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Jeff sims redemption game. Heard he’s put in 3 good practiced and is finally back up to full speed and will get the start.
jamartag-i-dont-believe-you.gif

Our offense needs to take the training wheels off and step it up. This turnover prone nonsense needs to stop. I don’t care about backup status or experience level. OL needs to keep their feet moving and play like it f-ing matters.
Young WRs need to narrow their wide eyes and focus on making plays, including perimeter blocking. TE’s need to do better setting edges.
HH needs to dial in a clean game all around.

I’m hoping the offense surprises us and puts up 40+( with a little help from our defense). On paper Michigan State is a worse team than Illinois and their home field advantage doesn’t impress. I know some are predicting a close game, but I think it’s time this team shows some growth and puts away a 2-6 team.

Reactions: tjlSker90
Our offense needs to take the training wheels off and step it up. This turnover prone nonsense needs to stop. I don’t care about backup status or experience level. OL needs to keep their feet moving and play like it f-ing matters.
Young WRs need to narrow their wide eyes and focus on making plays, including perimeter blocking. TE’s need to do better setting edges.
HH needs to dial in a clean game all around.
That's simply not realistic. It takes time to get all the moving parts in a offense to get right. Too young and too many new players / changes for this offense to get better overnight. Turnovers can be corrected . They're trying . I doubt it gets much better this year but the pain we're going thru this year will pay off next season. It is what it is , a process.

Last edited:
That's simply not realistic. It takes time to get all the moving parts in a offense to get right. Too young and too many new players / changes for this offense to get better overnight. Turnovers can by corrected . They're trying . I doubt it gets much better this year but the pain we're going thru this year will pay off next season. It is what it is , a process.
It should smooth out with reps. Player units like the o-line should get better. RB's should improve.

It should smooth out with reps. Player units like the o-line should get better. RB's should improve.
This is the same line talent as last year , I didn't expect much. Now we have young guys in with QB's and RB's....I'm just hoping for the best, not expecting.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
i dont get how we score as many points as we do. BUT we do. defense gets plays from guys all over the field. they are like a blanket that almost covers everything.
score once in each quarter somehow and this one is a winner. biggest game of the season so far.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
i dont get how we score as many points as we do. BUT we do. defense gets plays from guys all over the field. they are like a blanket that almost covers everything.
score once in each quarter somehow and this one is a winner. biggest game of the season so far.
Hopefully continued help from special teams and/or scoop scores and pick sixes from the defense can light up the scoreboard

I'll be somewhat nervous when the offense takes the field but in the Blackshirts I trust.

The Huskers have great motivation in wanting to earn a bowl... NOW.

GO 🌽🏈 BEAT MSU!!

All the games all huge this time of year, but Michigan St will be tough at home - we have played a couple home games and won, but this will be a real challenge for the Huskers on the road. I know MSU is winless in Big10 play, but the boys need to stay focused on one game at a time. I like that about Rhule and his philosphy regarding game weeks and the season.

I see a close hard hitting game, similar to the NW game.

Husker 21-16
Disagree about the toughness of this game, but unfortunately with our offense we have very little margin for error against any opponent, The good news is ever since the Michigan slaughter the defense seems to be getting better every week. Unless our bumbling offense gives them those 16 points you are predicting — a real possibility, obviously — I could see a shutout.

Huge game. Mainly because if we win we are bowl eligible. Need to stop turning it over on our first damn possession. I hope we get off to a fast start instead this time.
NU 17
MSU 6
I realize few teams would do it, but I wish we’d kick off whenever we have the choice to kick or receive. Obviously receiving has been a terrible choice in recent games.

Reactions: Huskers123456
Yeah, thank god the days of Frost winning the toss and taking the ball to start the game are over.

Reactions: scarletred
I believe we have elected to kickoff every time we have one the toss, if I’m not mistaken.
Yes, Nebraska's opponents have all deferred so it's the statistically correct thing to do to receive like they did the last two games, but at this point it might just make more sense to kick instead, honestly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT