ADVERTISEMENT

How to win at recruiting

Alabama 19?

Makes sense, they are always struggling to get recruits.

Last edited:
Interesting article- just ordered the book on Amazon

Im guessing the NU brand identity under Riley was- We run a Pro Style system that can best help you to get to the NFL. We are a players/coach type program that allows you to play in front of a bunch of dedicated fans.

Im guessing the SF brand identity will be quite a bit different, which will get NU a different "flavor" of player. Frost seemed VERY focused, understanding and articulate of his vision of a high level "unity of purpose". I feel confident they know who they are and where they want to be- they just need to put a wrapper around it and continue to communicate it to the masses. Bill Moos seems to have a handle on perceptions and the importance of brand identity and marketing.

While the article says brand perception is the easiest to influence, it would seem that that perception is tightly tied to: recruiting, winning, and money which make up the four phases of an Athletic Program Life Cycle, in that order, per this article.

The first thing to do is to define who you are
Is that position and message credible?
Is that a position or message that can resonate with your target audience?
Is that position a bit unique? Is it a defensible differentiator or are you selling the same "family" thing everyone else is trying to sell?
Can you and have you delivered on that message?

While our propaganda war digital marketing team has gotten some flack- including from me- they are a VERY inexpensive way to help spread whatever brand identity message you choose in a "guerrilla marketing" type way. Very small piece- but needs to be done. NU is awash in cash- but a national advertising approach in traditional media makes little sense. At the end of the day- what is going to matter most is how soon Nebraska can turn back into a competitive- competent winning program.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Never heard of it...

.....and at least ONE of us opened up that link and looked at what is was talking about :)
I count 66 P5 schools, plus ND. KU is at 65, so there are two P5 schools that got left off of the chart.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT