ADVERTISEMENT

How many games until Fred is fired?

salsa red

Junior
Dec 25, 2019
We hoped to see Frost turn it around but it was more of the same. I hope to see Fred do the same but it's hard to imagine. I say he goes 5 games until he is no longer employed and enjoys a large buy out retirement.

We hoped to see Frost turn it around but it was more of the same. I hope to see Fred do the same but it's hard to imagine. I say he goes 5 games until he is no longer employed and enjoys a large buy out retirement.
BBall is different because you can "get hot" and make a run...

I hate Fred’s style of play, get some bangers on the boards and play hard D. Run an actual offense that doesn’t have lollygaggers staring as the shot goes up. I doubt trev wants to deal with it until after football is settled. Probably makes it all season then gets axed.

I hate Fred’s style of play, get some bangers on the boards and play hard D. Run an actual offense that doesn’t have lollygaggers staring as the shot goes up. I doubt trev wants to deal with it until after football is settled. Probably makes it all season then gets axed.
Yeah, so the Big Ten is changing a bit...

PU and RU might have the only true "bangers" at the C position. I think all(most) the coaches realized that to get a long Dance in March...you need long armed athletes...

Reactions: dinglefritz
I doubt trev wants to deal with it until after football is settled. Probably makes it all season then gets axed.
Frost has given Fred some job security for a couple years now. In basketball, there doesn't seem to be the same timeline that pushes AD's to fire coaches early. So I think Fred gets the whole year and if the team has a better record than last year, plays with real effort and actually plays like a team, I bet Fred gets another season.

Some of these guys just look miserable on the sidelines...can't imagine they'd want to be here anymore anyway.

He got some surprisingly decent transfers. They need to start hot and get some non conference wins. I am hoping he can get to .500 this season. He's got a really good Big man in Blaise Keita and Derrick Walker is coming back along with CJ Wilcher. Got a transfer from Alabama that should be decent. I wouldnt be surprised to see Fred stick around or fired tbh.

Frost has given Fred some job security for a couple years now. In basketball, there doesn't seem to be the same timeline that pushes AD's to fire coaches early. So I think Fred gets the whole year and if the team has a better record than last year, plays with real effort and actually plays like a team, I bet Fred gets another season.
Yeah I don't see the rush to fire him. Are Nebraska boosters really going to pay 8 figures to fire a basketball coach? Unless there is zero improvement from last year, he'll stay.

Yeah, so the Big Ten is changing a bit...

PU and RU might have the only true "bangers" at the C position. I think all(most) the coaches realized that to get a long Dance in March...you need long armed athletes...
Hmmm "long armed athletes"... For basketball... Hmmm.... I think you may be on to something! I say we give it a shot.

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
Yeah I don't see the rush to fire him. Are Nebraska boosters really going to pay 8 figures to fire a basketball coach? Unless there is zero improvement from last year, he'll stay.
Hell, boosters apparently threw in $7+ million just for Trev to not have to deal with the agony of an extra couple weeks. Otherwise, how wasteful are these multimillionaire boosters? At some point, that well is going to run dry. Am I right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT