ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Sh_t, who is this new D Lineman?

Wait, what? Those are 45 pounds...or are you joking? I have never heard of 100 lb round plates in that size...

All the 100 lb round plates were purchased by Huskeronline/Huskermax members. They are currently on backorder...sorry.

30fa23e0-c502-47f1-a1c5-ee5534a9cc57_1.e5f5dc22792795d7604737b9d065f302.jpeg

Last edited:
I do not care how much they can lift. All I care about is if they can diagnose the play, disengage from the blocker, and make a tackle.

Those are the defensive player videos I like to see. Winking
Those squats are going to help them get off of blocks and make tackles. The mental exercises will have to do the rest.

Those squats are going to help them get off of blocks and make tackles. The mental exercises will have to do the rest.
True. But every P5 school lifts weights and have dudes who are also weight room monsters. NU no longer has ANY advantage in the strength and conditioning department. I am more interested in whether or not we will have a d line that is strong AND athletic. In other words... football skills that go way beyond having muscles.
Don’t get me wrong, I am happy our guys are lifting. But I am more impressed by the Polar Bear’s wrestling skills than I am in his weight lifting.
Every year before the season we see these kinds of videos and get all hyped. We drink the kool aid. But we haven’t had a decent defense since 2009. We got pushed around like rag dolls last year. I am reserving judgment until our defense proves on the field it can actually play football with the big boys.

5 plates per side is 10 plates. 10 x 45 = 450. 450 + 55 = 505. Sounds like they're using a 55 lb bar to handle the weight they load up without damaging the bar.
Come on...you gotta add in the collars...plus...was there dust on the bar? That adds in more weight. What if there was still sweat on the bar from the last lifter...add in more! Was his spotter breathing and if so was that CO2 that was being expelled pushing down on the bar?

Reactions: TheBeav815
True. But every P5 school lifts weights and have dudes who are also weight room monsters. NU no longer has ANY advantage in the strength and conditioning department. I am more interested in whether or not we will have a d line that is strong AND athletic. In other words... football skills that go way beyond having muscles.
Don’t get me wrong, I am happy our guys are lifting. But I am more impressed by the Polar Bear’s wrestling skills than I am in his weight lifting.
Every year before the season we see these kinds of videos and get all hyped. We drink the kool aid. But we haven’t had a decent defense since 2009. We got pushed around like rag dolls last year. I am reserving judgment until our defense proves on the field it can actually play football with the big boys.
Sorry but Ohio State and Minnesota were the only teams that pushed us around like rag dolls. I don't understand the concept that some people simply don't care about these videos. You sit there and act like just because someone can tackle well, that they don't need to be a monster in the weight room.

Let's say this dude is great at pass pro, quick on his feet, great hands, awesome, looks like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Or......
maxresdefault.jpg

Dumpy compared to not dumpy. Gotta lift weights and be excited about it to play football at a high level.

Sorry but Ohio State and Minnesota were the only teams that pushed us around like rag dolls. I don't understand the concept that some people simply don't care about these videos. You sit there and act like just because someone can tackle well, that they don't need to be a monster in the weight room.

Let's say this dude is great at pass pro, quick on his feet, great hands, awesome, looks like this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Or......
maxresdefault.jpg

Dumpy compared to not dumpy. Gotta lift weights and be excited about it to play football at a high level.
Youre forgetting about Iowa Indiana Purdue and Wisconsin pushing us around too. Pennsy is right. Strength and conditioning isnt about getting an advantage anymore its about keeping up with the Joneses.

Last edited:
Riley looks extremely lean. He got some praise during spring practice for his mobility.
We’ll see what happens.

maxresdefault.jpg

Or......
maxresdefault.jpg

That image is Riley program vs Frost program

Youre forgetting about Indiana Purdue and Wisconsin pushing us around too. Pennsy is right. Strength and conditioning isnt about getting an advantage anymore its about keeping up with the Joneses.
I disagree. We lost to Purdue because of playcalling and execution. We lost to Indiana because Mills missed a block and Vedral lost the fumble. Plus Noa's fumble. We lost to Wisconsin because of Martinez terrible sack and the kick return for a TD.

I disagree. We lost to Purdue because of playcalling and execution. We lost to Indiana because Mills missed a block and Vedral lost the fumble. Plus Noa's fumble. We lost to Wisconsin because of Martinez terrible sack and the kick return for a TD.
Aye that sack. I rewatched that the other day.

The notion that we can't gain an advantage through strength and conditioning is absurd. I think that assumes a lot, and we KNOW firsthand what it looks like when S&C sucks. If we can get back to it being a draw that will be something we haven't seen in years.

Reactions: Husker1078
The notion that we can't gain an advantage through strength and conditioning is absurd. I think that assumes a lot, and we KNOW firsthand what it looks like when S&C sucks. If we can get back to it being a draw that will be something we haven't seen in years.
Bingo. Not only is it about being bigger and stronger. But it's about being bigger and stronger for an entire game. That's what's unique about Husker Power. It provides that.

I don't think I've ever seen 340 lbs put so well together in that 6'6 + frame! Insane, hope he's athletic and mean too.
I feel like dudes just shouldn't be that big and also be athletic. If you're gonna be huge, at least have the decency to be a lumbering oaf.

For him to fight me would be so easy for him, it would be like the difficulty of me fighting an average 9 year old. I don't like how that knowledge feels in my brain.

Last edited:
I

I get what u are.saying but being strong is a huge part of being able to compete with these guys.

You are.right being strong doesnt.guarantee us wins or getting the program back to where we all want.it. But NOT being strong surely does guarantee us that we won't be getting back there.

First step is being physically able.to go toe for toe with these guys. These lifts are.a huge part of that.

Like you I wanna see.it.on the field so I respect ur thoughts about seeing this video every year. Hopefully this is another step in the right direction. If nothing else it's better than the alternative.

Holla

I

I get what u are.saying but being strong is a huge part of being able to compete with these guys.

You are.right being strong doesnt.guarantee us wins or getting the program back to where we all want.it. But NOT being strong surely does guarantee us that we won't be getting back there.

First step is being physically able.to go toe for toe with these guys. These lifts are.a huge part of that.

Like you I wanna see.it.on the field so I respect ur thoughts about seeing this video every year. Hopefully this is another step in the right direction. If nothing else it's better than the alternative.

Holla

Freaking better than COVID or Politics, I’ll tell you that!!

Technique is what works on the field not squats or bench presses.

So you dont think being strong helps you be able to use your technique?

Imagine being a NG who is supposed to be able to 2 gap the gaps over the center. If he isnt strong enough he has no chance at doing that. I dont care how much technique he has he better have enough strength to lock up that center and disengage to whichever side he needs to.

Technique is DEFINITELY needed but to say strength isnt is comical.

Holla

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT