ADVERTISEMENT

HH.............Jeezus!!!!!!

Nothing would be sweeter than HH taking the reins and killing it this season.

What gives me pause is that, once CT got hurt last season, it became quickly apparent that Joe Bauserman under center would have been a massive upgrade for the remainder of the season.

Yet HH never got a look. Maybe it was because we had certain QB's who were Whipple's boys and were going to play no matter what. I don't know. But it's strange HH didn't get a look somewhere along the way.

Yet HH never got a look. Maybe it was because we had certain QB's who were Whipple's boys and were going to play no matter what. I don't know. But it's strange HH didn't get a look somewhere along the way.
My take on that is that Whipple was a guy who was one year away from retirement coaching with a HC who had to win right away. Future development wasn't on the priority list. They had limited time to teach the new offense. Whipple hand picked two QBs to spend all of his time with and the rest of them were on their own. HH wasn't ready to step in because the coaches didn't get him ready.

Yeah, I get that. But that's a lot of coaches and not one gave him even one snap. Purdy was a straight disaster. Smothers was a terrible fit for Whipple's offense so if HH had even a chance of doing anything I have to think Mickey says give him a chance. Seems like almost every other young player got a chance that wasn't hurt.
HH was behind a walk on on the depth chart. Say what you want about Whipple, he was a pretty good judge of QBs and HH was at least 4th on his depth chart. HH appears to have all the physical attributes you want but his spring scrimmage last year exposed a lack of accuracy. Who knows what his decision making capabilities are.

I would bet that the only way he starts any games at QB for us this fall is if we have some injuries. There’s a reason Rhule openly talked about what a great “athlete” he is. We need him at QB this spring but come August maybe not so much. Ok. KK’s turn.

Reactions: drubendall
HH was behind a walk on on the depth chart. Say what you want about Whipple, he was a pretty good judge of QBs and HH was at least 4th on his depth chart. HH appears to have all the physical attributes you want but his spring scrimmage last year exposed a lack of accuracy. Who knows what his decision making capabilities are.

I would bet that the only way he starts any games at QB for us this fall is if we have some injuries. There’s a reason Rhule openly talked about what a great “athlete” he is. We need him at QB this spring but come August maybe not so much. Ok. KK’s turn.
Every week we see more and more of Haarberg

And every week you and others are forced to try and bring him down, detract & minimize

It’s very, very funny. If he ever starts you all will have painted yourselves into quite the corner, seemingly all due to your personal feelings towards and anonymous poster you will never meet

As I always say - it’s awesome to have a 6’5” raw homegrown talent seeming to be growing into a contributor. GBR remember ;)

As for Whipple, he coached offense for 40 years and produced 1 quarterback anyone's ever heard of at the college level

And every week you and others are forced to try and bring him down, detract & minimize

It’s very, very funny. If he ever starts you all will have painted yourselves into quite the corner, seemingly all due to your personal feelings towards and anonymous poster you will never meet

As I always say - it’s awesome to have a 6’5” raw homegrown talent seeming to be growing into a contributor. GBR remember ;)

As for Whipple, he coached offense for 40 years and produced 1 quarterback anyone's ever heard of at the college level
Again your one of those Clamoring for more 4 and 5 star talented players but you want a kid that probably was a 2 star to be the starting quarterback? Like I said I don’t have anything against him just don’t think he’s D 1 material only time will tell

They better have a padded room ready for you this fall when HH changes position….. I’ll root for the kid to win the job but damn.

Reactions: Baxter48

He was BigBen’s coach in he NFL…..

They better have a padded room ready for you this fall when HH changes position….. I’ll root for the kid to win the job but damn.
Nobody’s forcing you to say he’s lucky to have a scholarship, doesn’t matter if he’s hurt in practice, etc

That’s all you, amigo

• Haha
Reactions: dinglefritz
Again your one of those Clamoring for more 4 and 5 star talented players but you want a kid that probably was a 2 star to be the starting quarterback? Like I said I don’t have anything against him just don’t think he’s D 1 material only time will tell
I want the best player to start at every position

I hope the days of playing favorites are long gone

If a zero star proves he belongs, more mana to him

My take on that is that Whipple was a guy who was one year away from retirement coaching with a HC who had to win right away. Future development wasn't on the priority list. They had limited time to teach the new offense. Whipple hand picked two QBs to spend all of his time with and the rest of them were on their own. HH wasn't ready to step in because the coaches didn't get him ready.
Whipple didn't care who the QB was...he signed a two year winning lotto ticket and he knew that for the most part he would be at UNL for 1 year. It was the ultimate retirement package.

Whipple didn't care who the QB was...he signed a two year winning lotto ticket and he knew that for the most part he would be at UNL for 1 year. It was the ultimate retirement package.
I agree, but he sure as sh*t wasn't going to take on any long term projects like HH.

I just want to win games. Don’t care who starts and I care even less about what their rating is once on the team. Both can be true. Teams that successfully recruit 4-5 star players on a consistent basis compete at a higher level. Also true that 0-2 stars can win jobs. Not. mutually. Exclusive. Searching for coal and finding diamonds can happen, but I prefer mining for diamonds and landing some other, less valuable gems that can contribute.

I have no pre-disposed prejudices about any of the QBs (or other players for that matter). I hope they all are great. May the best man rise to the top whoever that is. I do remember when fans really trashed Joe Ganz one time and then he turned out to be pretty good.

Like HCMR said, these guys are under a lot of pressure because if you drop a pass you may end up as a meme. Hopefully this is a teachable moment to show our defense if you aren't aware of your surroundings and make false assumptions (this guy won't block me), you could very well be the next meme, cuz this one has gone viral.

Everybody keeps acting like Rhule didn't say qbs were live inside the 5, which they were according to him.

Gifford just proved a point for aspiring defenders - ALWAYS keep your head on a swivel.
Selective listening/memory to support personal narratives on full display

Typical

Reactions: BleedRed78
We all saw he was a gamer in his very first spring game. Led the team down the field to win & then called out the 4 year returning starter about being soft in what was then his only ever interview

Just like we saw purdy have zero juice in his throwing arm

Many simply choose to ignore these things or brush them aside. Others just don’t know what they’re watching.
Speed, size, physicality. What I’m seeing is a guy who should be playing tight end (ahem, Zach Miller)

Speed, size, physicality. What I’m seeing is a guy who should be playing tight end (ahem, Zach Miller)
What you might see instead is a guy who leads the first team offense onto the field in the spring game in 2 weeks

I don’t know if Thompson can get right physically. I hope he can.

I don’t know if Sims is a plug and play starter. Neither of those guys have won much in their relatively long college careers.

We don’t have a whole lot of options under center at the moment. That’s just the reality.

What you might see instead is a guy who leads the first team offense onto the field in the spring game in 2 weeks

I don’t know if Thompson can get right physically. I hope he can.

I don’t know if Sims is a plug and play starter. Neither of those guys have won much in their relatively long college careers.

We don’t have a whole lot of options under center at the moment. That’s just the reality.
Maybe, but very unlikely. HH has superior physical attributes to Thompson, but Thompson has seen a lot of live fire and shown the ability to produce. My instinct is that Rhule does not want or need much in the way of growing pains from his team that hurts the chances of winning winnable games.

We dont know, but maybe he sees Torres or HH as a guy he can develop into a starter in a year or two.

The Rhule regime is so much better off in the long run if he turns in a winning season in year 1.

Maybe, but very unlikely. HH has superior physical attributes to Thompson, but Thompson has seen a lot of live fire and shown the ability to produce. My instinct is that Rhule does not want or need much in the way of growing pains from his team that hurts the chances of winning winnable games.

We dont know, but maybe he sees Torres or HH as a guy he can develop into a starter in a year or two.

The Rhule regime is so much better off in the long run if he turns in a winning season in year 1.

Maybe i'm being stubborn for no reason on this issue but I'm still not convinced on CT's health...combined with his very average record as a starter...I sure hope we find a better option.

Reactions: king_kong_
Maybe i'm being stubborn for no reason on this issue but I'm still not convinced on CT's health...combined with his very average record as a starter...I sure hope we find a better option.
I’m a little bit skeptical about his recovery, but what do I know? It’s well accepted that upper classmen QBs do much better then younger players, even if the younger player has more upside. I believe Rhule can design an offense that doesn’t put too much pressure on his quarterback. I hate live or die with one player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT