ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Rumors that another candidate may be in the mix.

agreed, any monkey - the "package" had basically been worked out before big money Bill got in the saddle, IMO

This is looking a lot like Moos knowing exactly what hes doing.
Moos is a people guy.
Dont you remember how he went about courting Frost?
Rule 1: Dont piss off the guy you want to hire.
Rule 2: Sell the university through proper channels and meet when the guy is comfortable. Get an agreement signed.
Step 3: Iron out the details with the agent.
Rule 4-10000: see rule #1.

Hoiberg is not in a position to accept make this public with a press conference right now. If he is signed, it doesnt matter when it is. I laugh at folks expecting the announcement to be the same day Miles is fired.
"We need to announce now or we are walking away" doesnt exactly work in Nebraskas favor. We aint Duke.

I would like to add that on a personal note, Id be fine with Anderson, or most everyone mentioned. As far as Im concerned Moos got it right firing Miles. Of course Id like hoiberg the most.
Just my opinion on that.

But if another coach is being mention then you set up and listen. And we get it, you have repeated this post over and over and over again. Oh well if Hoiberg hasn’t even been mention about any other jobs, or the fact announcement guess Moos gives literally matched up with MSU in the tourn like sources are saying, or Aimes Iowa reports that about puked at the idea of Fred being mentioned here is now reporting Hoiberg is a done deal and will be a Husker...just not good enough for you with Hoiberg is it??? Because he wants to see his son play and you disagree with it. I’m so glad your not AD or my boss. The man has a right to see his son and his sons team play on the biggest stage in NCAA basketball.

Now I’m taking a stab here, it actually seems more like you don’t want him to come here, more then wanting him. You have made it clear at every turn, every Hoiberg post or anything that mentions him why you think and your opinion of him not coming. You have your mind made up. Good on you and your opinion. Just make sure your available for the crow when he’s announced.....since your constantly available now to say how Hoiberg won’t be our next HC;)

What a stupid assumption, long rant, waste of time, of course I want Hoiberg. I hope my suspicions are wrong and you're right, we'll see.

Anderson didn't exceed in an area with much more basketball talent to recruit from around him. It was also in a weaker basketball conference. I'll pass.

Reactions: spinner4
Look how long UCLA has been open. I bet there fans are getting rather impatient. Makes me wonder if there targeting a coach still in the tourney. If I was them and had the history they do I would back the money truck up to Mark Few front door.

Look how long UCLA has been open. I bet there fans are getting rather impatient. Makes me wonder if there targeting a coach still in the tourney. If I was them and had the history they do I would back the money truck up to Mark Few front door.

Shoot, they would love that but most of those Cal Schools are broke right now, so they would need crazy booster backing which it seems like they have but at the same time they don't really have it.

I really think that the media makes a much bigger deal out of the UCLA program (really basketball and football) than they UCLA fans do.

According to my Iowa State friends, Abdelmassih was the king transfer recruiter for Hoiberg...……

My ISU friends are also a little salty because they think that "Fred is getting the band back together".

Reactions: huskerfan66
If Hoiberg really said no then I would expect some type of communication from Moos putting the Hoiberg rumors to rest in order to let the fan base vent prior to rather than at the time of naming the new coach

No amount of posturing is going to lessen the leverage Hoibergs agent has .... certainly not Mike Anderson or whoever the hell bradleys coach happens to be
nope

According to my Iowa State friends, Abdelmassih was the king transfer recruiter for Hoiberg...……

My ISU friends are also a little salty because they think that "Fred is getting the band back together".

He won't be able to get the rest of the band back together, because TJ Otzelberger and Doc Sadler are head coaches now.

I believe his other assistants/staff members followed him to Chicago and are still on staff with the Bulls. I wonder if they'll come back. I'd prefer he hire assistants who have connections with 2020 and 2021 recruits, not NBA guys who have been away from recruiting the past few years. Keeping Lewis might not be a bad idea because of his Midwest recruiting ties.

I have posted this exact same thing in many different places where people are freaking out that Hoiberg hasn’t been named yet? What do people want him to do, Skype in from the Caribbean to the press conference. Moos is a smart man, he’ll let him take his vacation, watch his kid, & announce him next week. Fred will then go to the Final Four (hopefully with MSU still playing) as our new head coach and give us awesome pub! He’ll also talk with coaches there if he hasn’t already figured out his staff. It will all be fine.... people need to step away from the ledge. You can’t fire a guy and immediately name someone else the coach unless you’re hiring an assistant in his staff to take over.
Exactly. All is well.

Reactions: cdriftt24
What a stupid assumption, long rant, waste of time, of course I want Hoiberg. I hope my suspicions are wrong and you're right, we'll see.

Was is it really?? It didn’t waist anything but a couple minutes for me. The one thing you had right is it was a rant. But I was putting it all out there in one post. That way it made it simpler for you. You seemed to struggle very hard to grasp what was happening and I was trying to help. And what suspicions??? Because you dislike the fact he wants to watch his son and disagree with it?? That’s all I ever seen in your posts.

Reactions: scarletred
yep, Hoiberg is starting to put his band together. It’s definitely NOT a matter of “oh I hope he comes” or “I hope a better team doesn’t offer him”, he’s s done deal and anyone with a brain that can see the writing on the wall can see this.

Last edited:
Yes. As I’ve said this hire will define Moos. A monkey with a checkbook could have signed Frost.

Hey I definitely get it but we still have to give the man credit. He could have easily went for a different HC. Regardless of how we want to spin it or discredit it, Moos was still the AD that brought Frost back, period. And since then he’s done a great job. Now he’s about to bring Hoiberg back home, yet another Home run for Bill Moos. He’s now what, 2-2 and both are HRs....good on him as I’m glad we got him.

Last edited:
Shoot, they would love that but most of those Cal Schools are broke right now, so they would need crazy booster backing which it seems like they have but at the same time they don't really have it.

I really think that the media makes a much bigger deal out of the UCLA program (really basketball and football) than they UCLA fans do.

All they have to do is sell a few more admissions, and they will have the money. There are apparently, plenty of nearby celebrities/tech moguls willing to fork over half a mil to get their kid in college. Sell 10 admissions a year to the highest bidders, and you have the full salary covered.

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
If not this weekend, next week for sure, Hoiberg will be named the next men's basketball coach at UNL!

Im extremely confident that Hoiberg will be Nebraska’s next head coach. I have a cousin that works for Hulu and he got a call to transfer Fred Hoiberg’s service to a Lincoln, NE address. It’s happening.

This is why I belong to message boards. Glorious.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Sounds like his agent and our administration are just working out the contract details. I imagine it will be at least a 7 year deal, at least $4m per year.

I doubt all of these sources would be leaking it to all of the national media guys if it wasn't pretty much a done deal.

7 years for 30M was another rumor last week..Would make him one of the 7th highest paying college Basketball Coach..

When you want to change 100+ years of mediocrity, you have to be willing to spend the big bucks to get the right leadership in place. Like when the Cubs hired Theo Epstein and Joe Maddon.
good point.

Funny seeing Fluejays fan weighing in on a Huskers basketball item. Yeah, your opinion won’t be bias at all. But I get it, Hoiberg becoming the Huskers next Head Coach is the Fluejays worst nightmare coming true. Huskers getting a top tier Head Coach. Watch out lil birdies...dads finally taking the state back in basketball like it SHOULD BE.

75-94....75-94....75-94....absolute ownage.
I actually cheer for both teams. Them both being good isn’t a nightmare. It’s a blessing.

I cheer for both because why the hell not.

Still think there won’t be a official announcement until Monday..

MSU and Duke play tomorrow..

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
I cheer for both because why the hell not.

Because you should have been raised to take a stand, right or wrong. We all know what a Jaysker is, you root against the Huskers when they play Creighton in basketball, ergo you are not fully N, if you are not fully N Scott Frost will kick you off the team.

In the immortal words of Cameron from FBDO (Ferris Bueller's Day Off) "I am not going to sit on my ass as the events that affect me unfold to determine the course of my life. I'm going to take a stand. I'm going to defend it. Right or wrong, I'm going to defend it."

You are waffling, you can't serve two masters. Pick.

giphy.gif

Reactions: yunginsNU2

Announced today, presser Monday? Would be good publicity for Nebraska when they pan to the crowd in the game.

Agreed. Hoiberg isn't really involved in the negotiations (probably). That's the agent's job. All Hoiberg has to do is verbally give his approval verbally and show up for the press conference. He may sign when he gets here, so he and Moos can sign it together. The agent knows what parameters will be acceptable. I am guessing Tuesday. Only that because that would make it 7 days. Monday would not surprise me either.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT