ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Rumors that another candidate may be in the mix.

Probably based on an article, that was someone’s opinion, stating Nebraska should look at Anderson if Hoiberg falls through. I have yet to see anyone with some credibility say anything about Anderson.

Mike Anderson is gonna be our baseball coach again?!? /sarcasm

Honestly, I have never followed NU hoops closely, other than 2014. I don't really know who Hoiberg is, but I understand he is a homerun hire.
Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Iowa State Cyclones
(Big 12 Conference) (2010–2015)
2010–11 Iowa State 16–16 3–13 12th
2011–12 Iowa State 23–11 12–6 T–3rd NCAA Division I Round of 32
2012–13 Iowa State 23–12 11–7 T–4th NCAA Division I Round of 32
2013–14 Iowa State 28–8 11–7 T–3rd NCAA Division I Sweet 16
2014–15 Iowa State 25–9 12–6 T–2nd NCAA Division I Round of 64
Iowa State: 115–56 (.673) 49–39 (.557)
Total: 115–56 (.673)

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
Anderson’s system relies upon being more athletic than the other team, I don’t think his style is suited to the Big Ten at all.

I don’t think more athletic than everybody else just athletic. Players who play hard nosed defense are easier to find than 3 point sharpshooters. Hoiberg’s system will rely on pushing the pace and hoisting 3’s. That’s style isn’t suited for the Big Ten either. If you do something different than what everybody else is doing, it creates as many mismatches for everybody else as it does for you against them.

Season Team Overall Conference Standing Postseason
Iowa State Cyclones
(Big 12 Conference) (2010–2015)
2010–11 Iowa State 16–16 3–13 12th
2011–12 Iowa State 23–11 12–6 T–3rd NCAA Division I Round of 32
2012–13 Iowa State 23–12 11–7 T–4th NCAA Division I Round of 32
2013–14 Iowa State 28–8 11–7 T–3rd NCAA Division I Sweet 16
2014–15 Iowa State 25–9 12–6 T–2nd NCAA Division I Round of 64
Iowa State: 115–56 (.673) 49–39 (.557)
Total: 115–56 (.673)
Consider me, educated now.

Probably based on an article, that was someone’s opinion, stating Nebraska should look at Anderson if Hoiberg falls through. I have yet to see anyone with some credibility say anything about Anderson.

Nope. Not an opinion piece.

Again, I have yet to see anyone with some credibility say anything about Anderson. People are still saying Hoiberg to be announced the first part of next week.

The rumor seems to have come from a Moderator on an Arkansas message board. He said we wanted to get him to Lincoln last night to interview. Doesn't appear that it happened.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=679508.0

Could just be a token interview to show that we interviewed at least one minority candidate. Who knows.

The rumor seems to have come from a Moderator on an Arkansas message board. He said we wanted to get him to Lincoln last night to interview. Doesn't appear that it happened.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=679508.0

Could just be a token interview to show that we interviewed at least one minority candidate. Who knows.
Arkansas fans still think they have a shot a Hoiberg. To me it looks like nothing but scuttlebutt at this time.

Still think if it was Fredward we'd have heard about it by now...
Look at it this way. Put yourself in Moos shoes with a little comparison to the Frost hire.

He has said many times that he doesn't make a decision on a coach until he reviews the whole season. Sometimes that has to be said a little tongue in cheek. Yes he's gauging interest but nothing is official until after the season.

The team had to get home from Dallas. Give people time to get settled (and Moos complete his review, yes it might have been a short review) meet with the head coach, discuss the evaluation and make the decision.

You would be hypocritical to fire a coach and name a new one within 24-48 hours. Do you think ANYONE would believe you IF you did that? There's no way you could do it that fast without having the deal done before the firing and you would be labeled a liar.

NOW, having said that I think it's very possible that the parameters of a deal/contract could have had a gentleman agreement before the firing. That's part of the gauging interest phase. But by waiting 7-10 days, it gives the optics of that the deal was done and you truly did wait until the season was over to decide..,.which may or may not have been the case. But you could have an agreement with the new guy, IF I pull the plug ( which I will not do until I make my review after the season) would you be interested in coming for this ballpark of $$.

Now here's the comparison to Frost. He gave Coach Frost ALL the free reign he needed to do what was best for Coach Frost and not mess things up until Coach Frost was ready. Same here. The slow delay allows Coach Hoiberg (if it's him) to go watch his son play BB as long as his season is still going, go to the caribean with family if he chooses, talk to potential assistant coaches, attend the final 4 etc.

The downside is that Hoiberg could get fatigued of everyone asking the obvious question and not being able to give a straight answer. But I am sure he's a little used to it by now since being let go by the bulls.
I have faith that things are done in principle. Maybe some minor i's to dot and t's to cross but I don't think there's too much to worry about. Hey, it's like Christmas morning can't get here fast enough, you know. It's hard to be patient.

Nothing really new in the article. Thanks for posting though. Gonna be a lot of wrong people IF this thing goes south.

One thing that I can't stand is "sources". Unsigned letters to the editor should never be published and neither should "un-named" sources or "a source that spoke on condition of annoninimity"

The fact that Hoiberg hasn't been mentioned for any other job openings is a good sign. He made it pretty clear when ESPN interviewed him at the ISU game in February that he was anxious to get back into coaching. If he had turned us down, you'd think there would be rumors connecting him to other jobs.
True.

Nothing really new in the article. Thanks for posting though. Gonna be a lot of wrong people IF this thing goes south.

One thing that I can't stand is "sources". Unsigned letters to the editor should never be published and neither should "un-named" sources or "a source that spoke on condition of annoninimity"

Almost every source is unnamed or speaks under a condition of anonymity. If the reporter outed their source every time they would not have any sources left. Who is the named source that has said Fredo is going to be the next head coach? There isn’t one.

Word on the street is that Mike Anderson to Nebraska rumors are starting to gain traction.

I have read this elsewhere, in addition to hearing it from a buddy who is close to the Arkansas program.

Take it or leave it, just passing on what I heard.

Like I've said in several other posts here, if Hoiberg hasn't been announced by now be worried, very worried. I don't trust any media or chat board rumors.

Almost every source is unnamed or speaks under a condition of anonymity. If the reporter outed their source every time they would not have any sources left. Who is the named source that has said Fredo is going to be the next head coach? There isn’t one.
Unless I authorize it to leak, I would fire the leaker IF it came from my staff. I would expect my staff to be confidential and loyal. Guess I am funny thatway.

Un named sources can't be verified and can be made up

Like I've said in several other posts here, if Hoiberg hasn't been announced by now be worried, very worried. I don't trust any media or chat board rumors.
Well, keep saying it. You, like me, know nothing. I believe that journalists don't make everything up and sources actually exist. So, I'm not worried.

Reactions: WDMHusker
Unless I authorize it to leak, I would fire the leaker IF it came from my staff. I would expect my staff to be confidential and loyal. Guess I am funny thatway.

Un named sources can't be verified and can be made up

Sure they can. But pull that too often and you are done for people coming to you. People are weird, they want others to come to them for info. The know-it-all syndrome. :) I like Husker BB and hope we get the best possible coach. Not crazy about some of the money I am seeing but that isn't my call either. I don't even get a vote - what kind of democracy is this? I thought Americans were supposed to vote on everything. Insert sarcasm emoticon here.

Reactions: huskerfan66

Moos said Tuesday that it would be 7-14 days. Hoiberg is on vacation right now, and then will be watching his son in the Sweet 16 this weekend. I'm guessing the announcement will be next week right before the Final Four.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Word on the street is that Mike Anderson to Nebraska rumors are starting to gain traction.

I have read this elsewhere, in addition to hearing it from a buddy who is close to the Arkansas program.

Take it or leave it, just passing on what I heard.

So you want to spread worry when you don’t know anything? Ok.

Moos said Tuesday that it would be 7-14 days. Hoiberg is on vacation right now, and then will be watching his son in the Sweet 16 this weekend. I'm guessing the announcement will be next week right before the Final Four.
I have posted this exact same thing in many different places where people are freaking out that Hoiberg hasn’t been named yet? What do people want him to do, Skype in from the Caribbean to the press conference. Moos is a smart man, he’ll let him take his vacation, watch his kid, & announce him next week. Fred will then go to the Final Four (hopefully with MSU still playing) as our new head coach and give us awesome pub! He’ll also talk with coaches there if he hasn’t already figured out his staff. It will all be fine.... people need to step away from the ledge. You can’t fire a guy and immediately name someone else the coach unless you’re hiring an assistant in his staff to take over.

No way. If we don't get Hoiberg surely we'll get Oats or Otzelberger!

Winking
News to Bama and UNLV - both are gone,FYI. I thought "big dollar" Bill would have worked this out back around 3-5 or so, you know in a hotel room or quaint B&B between Chicago and East Lansing. Where is WR#3 at anyway when Yogi needs boo boo?

I have posted this exact same thing in many different places where people are freaking out that Hoiberg hasn’t been named yet? What do people want him to do, Skype in from the Caribbean to the press conference. Moos is a smart man, he’ll let him take his vacation, watch his kid, & announce him next week. Fred will then go to the Final Four (hopefully with MSU still playing) as our new head coach and give us awesome pub! He’ll also talk with coaches there if he hasn’t already figured out his staff. It will all be fine.... people need to step away from the ledge. You can’t fire a guy and immediately name someone else the coach unless you’re hiring an assistant in his staff to take over.

Yep, I'm guessing Moos and Hoiberg's agent are working out the details of the contract over the next couple of days while Fred is spending time with his family.

But if another coach is being mention then you set up and listen. And we get it, you have repeated this post over and over and over again. Oh well if Hoiberg hasn’t even been mention about any other jobs, or the announcement GUESS Moos gives literally matched up with MSU in the tourn like sources are saying, or Aimes, Iowa reports that about puked at the idea of Fred being mentioned here is now reporting Hoiberg is a done deal and will be a Husker...just not good enough for you with Hoiberg is it??? Because he wants to see his son play and you disagree with it. I’m so glad your not AD or my boss. The man has a right to see his son and his sons team play on the biggest stage in NCAA basketball.

Now I’m taking a stab here, it actually seems more like you don’t want him to come here, more then wanting him. You have made it clear at every turn, every Hoiberg post or anything that mentions him why you think and your opinion of him not coming. You have your mind made up. Good on you and your opinion. Just make sure your available for the crow when he’s announced.....since your constantly available now to say how Hoiberg won’t be our next HC;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Geezer'sker
Next time we hear from moos will be the hiring. He won’t squash rumors

Funny seeing Fluejays fan weighing in on a Huskers basketball item. Yeah, your opinion won’t be bias at all. But I get it, Hoiberg becoming the Huskers next Head Coach is the Fluejays worst nightmare coming true. Huskers getting a top tier Head Coach. Watch out lil birdies...dads finally taking the state back in basketball like it SHOULD BE.

75-94....75-94....75-94....absolute ownage.

Well, Nolan had a really nice run at Ark...for over a decade. And was dang close to back to back titles.

But yes their fan base is a mess, i agree with you there.

It pained me to root against Dave Van Horn last year at the CWS, but working that Championship game 2 was like they sent buses to every Wal Mart in Arkansas, handed out free tickets, and headed to Omaha. UGH! I've never thrown so many people out of the stadium.

Reactions: tpmcg
If he matched the success he had at UAB, Missouri and Arkansas at Nebraska, they would build a statue of him outside the PBA.

IF being the operative word. Until proven otherwise, Nebraska is a bit of a Schleprock for coaches, not the best of good fortune for the past few decades.

Mike A is a great guy and coach. He was well liked in Arkansas but just did not translate to winning in the tournament consistently. Word is that he is headed back to a UAB type program. Arkansas is very interested in Kelvin Sampson. Arkansas current AD was at Houston with him.... also would like to say SEC basketball is not just Kentucky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT