ADVERTISEMENT

Heard a rumor as well ...

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
about the alleged personal behavior of Frost. I won't repeat the details because I don't personally know if they're true for sure but the source is a former security staffer who worked at the University and now has a different job. The rumors are similar to what's been said before and they would help explain why Frost failed. I just can't imagine why Frost wasn't fired earlier. Some would say Frost was given every chance by the AD to turn things around and claim that's a good thing. Personally I'd say it was negligence because no person is above the health of the program.

Last edited:
If the rumors are true, the players probably knew. What seems strange to me is that if they knew he was a POS, you think they would have rallied behind Mickey after Frost was fired and played better. But instead, they played like sh*t against Oklahoma.

If the rumors are true, the players probably knew. What seems strange to me is that if they knew he was a POS, you think they would have rallied behind Mickey after Frost was fired and played better. But instead, they played like sh*t against Oklahoma.
It will probably take the players a while - the cult made them the scapegoat for their dear leader’s failures for years

You can't undo 4+ years of inadequate practice habits, poor conditioning and mediocre overall gameplanning in 6 days.

Doesn't take 7 years to fix either, but definitely 1-2.

about the alleged personal behavior of Frost. I won't repeat the details because I don't personally know if they're true for sure but the source is a former security staffer who worked at the University and now has a different job. The rumors are similar to what's been said before and they would help explain why Frost failed. I just can't imagine why Frost wasn't fired earlier. Some would say Frost was given every chance by the AD to turn things around and claim that's a good thing. Personally I'd say it was negligence because no person is above the health of the program.
I’d actually like to hear the rumors, what was the boat story from stai on the hot mic? Couldn’t hear it well. I’m pissed at frost, it’s ok to fail but give it all you got and sometimes it just wasn’t meant to be, we’ve all been in those places. I thought he was a man of character after his first few games on the job, going off on our players for dancing on sidelines when we were getting teeth kicked in by Purdue. I liked that frost, but he musta quit on himself.

Im a little stunned there arent clauses in these contracts that say you need to do the job. Perhaps too hard to define? Iono.
There are. And personally I don't think Frost got 15 million. I think 7.5 at the most if even that. Complain and we'll go public with ALL his dirty laundry. Good luck getting a job once the lights turned on.

Correct me if I am wrong but Trev said we honored our contract. Doesn't mean we paid him. The with cause wording is important too

There are. And personally I don't think Frost got 15 million. I think 7.5 at the most if even that. Complain and we'll go public with ALL his dirty laundry. Good luck getting a job once the lights turned on.

Correct me if I am wrong but Trev said we honored our contract. Doesn't mean we paid him. The with cause wording is important too
That’s a good point. And like Dirty Johnny said to the teacher, “I like the way you’re thinking!”

Reactions: huntered

It's public record.

Reactions: mgbreis

Really? That sounds super shady especially for a public institution to do. Maybe you are right but that sounds like a bad Netflix original.

I think what we are seeing now, is a lot like what we saw when Frost was first hired, just the opposite.

When he was first hired, it was the honeymoon stage, now it is the divorce.

Honeymoon stage: "I am sooooo lucky, my new wife loves to party, loves to kick it and drink, loves to screw around"

Divorce stage: "What a whore, all my ex wanted to do was drink, party...never wanted to work and I can't prove it but I know she was screwing around"

In the end, there is probably some to both parts and probably some hyperbole as well.

Then Mickey is screwed.
I don't think Mickey is screwed at all. I think he's been given every chance to succeed under the circumstances. He's allowed to make staff changes (which he did), he has been given a nice salary bump for the interim head coach duties and he's basically guaranteed his full buy out if a new head coach is hired that doesn't retain him. I don't know what more could be done for him. Very fair IMO.

For the good of the program though you can't just automatically name him or anyone else on the staff as the new head coach without giving him a try out and exploring every option. Now if he can't motivate the players over the rest of the season then that's the try out. But it's in his hands.

It's public record.
K. Haven't seen it but will take your word for it since I haven't researched it. Could Frost given check back???
The contract was public record correct, what was actually paid out is not public record.. As HuskerFan pointed out the with cause wording is important to this. We'll never know what was actually paid

960x0.jpg

Women ain't got nuttin on our fanbase!!!!

Some of you are all nutjobs!

Dude, "Maybe he will give back some of the money?"
"The language in the contract might mean he won't get it all?"

And just how big of a drunk are some of you making him out to be? Good lord...you act like the gatorade jugs were filled up with Fireball.

The contract was public record correct, what was actually paid out is not public record.. As HuskerFan pointed out the with cause wording is important to this. We'll never know what was actually paid
Really? How can they not show how much they paid.

Reactions: mgbreis
960x0.jpg

Women ain't got nuttin on our fanbase!!!!
Right? Some of our fans are super PLM's (Parking Lot Moms)

Drop that kid off at school...chat in the parking lot...then go to the gym...then off to get coffee...then off to shop and get a drink...and the entire time just gossiping about shit.

Reactions: AVeritas
It's privately funded, so I believe they don't have to share.. I could be way off here but I believe that to be true.
That might be. I just figured that stuff can't be hidden since it a publicly funded institution....

If you post 73000 times, not all of them will be awesome.

I know something but I’m not going to say what it is = not awesome.
Well for sure not all of my posts are, were or will be awesome. No argument there.

My point in posting this was that I earlier said I was mystified as to what went wrong with Frost. The rumors I heard later (which others have repeated) now would explain a lot if true. So it's no longer a mystery to me, that's the only point other than I'm now just surprised he wasn't fired earlier.

It will probably take the players a while - the cult made them the scapegoat for their dear leader’s failures for years
I had just seen a post on one of the Husker fan pages that said know he’ll coach another team and win. Then in the comments it was filled with “Nebraska” fans saying “I hope he gets a job at another Big Ten school and kicks our a**es”.

Wtf…

Really? That sounds super shady especially for a public institution to do. Maybe you are right but that sounds like a bad Netflix original.

I think what we are seeing now, is a lot like what we saw when Frost was first hired, just the opposite.

When he was first hired, it was the honeymoon stage, now it is the divorce.

Honeymoon stage: "I am sooooo lucky, my new wife loves to party, loves to kick it and drink, loves to screw around"

Divorce stage: "What a whore, all my ex wanted to do was drink, party...never wanted to work and I can't prove it but I know she was screwing around"

In the end, there is probably some to both parts and probably some hyperbole as well.
Good take. Rhymes with what Mitch Sherman tweeted 3 weeks ago:
"The Frost experiment is like marrying a supermodel, then watching her bankrupt you, steal your dog, and burn down your house."

Frost appears to have problems that he needs to address. And these problems obviously had an effect on his competence as a coach.
Good point. His appearance, body language and even his voice during post-game speeches show that without a doubt.

Reactions: BradWesley
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT