ADVERTISEMENT

Huskers are 7.5 favorite over Neons Buffs

I bet the line keeps going up. I could see it being -9 by Saturday. We'll see. One thing that is interesting to me is that Nebraska is in a much better mindset than they were a year ago. And we're at home. Colorado seems to have kept that same negativity that plagued them really since Oregon spanked them last year. And Colorado seems pretty undisciplined.

I'm not saying that the game won't be close-- CU has some great individual talent. But if Nebraska plays it's game and doesn't beat itself, Big Red is going to win.

Having said that, I may place a small wager on CU with the points as insurance for my future sanity.

I bet the line keeps going up. I could see it being -9 by Saturday. We'll see. One thing that is interesting to me is that Nebraska is in a much better mindset than they were a year ago. And we're at home. Colorado seems to have kept that same negativity that plagued them really since Oregon spanked them last year. And Colorado seems pretty undisciplined.

I'm not saying that the game won't be close-- CU has some great individual talent. But if Nebraska plays it's game and doesn't beat itself, Big Red is going to win.

Having said that, I may place a small wager on CU with the points as insurance for my future sanity.
I admit I did that last year using reverse psychology, hoping to lose $100.
Not knowing last year what to expect after Colorado upset TCU.

This year I feel a total different vibe knowing we have a competent quarterback that is poised beyond his years and better WR and RB rooms..

If we get off to a fast start it could be a run away..

This year I feel a total different vibe knowing we have a competent quarterback that is poised beyond his years and better WR and RB rooms..

I've bet against NU fairly often over the past 10-15 years but only when we're favorites or underdogs with smaller spreads. Mostly road games and home games against good teams in games that I think our team is going to have its hands full. But the amount has to be small enough that it doesn't get me rooting against our team (wanting them to win but not cover). As you might imagine the way the past 10 years have gone, there's been a lot of times where I've asked myself "why didn't I bet more" as our team stacked up another loss.

This is going to be a clash of team cultures. CU embodies everything that is associated with the bad stereotypes of big time sports: arrogant and entitled coach and athletes. Rude, obnoxious, and clueless fan base. They are like the Cobra Kai of the college football world.

NU is more or less the opposite (although we do have some similar fans).

If there is any justice in the world we will win this without having to rely on the crane technique.

This is going to be a clash of team cultures. CU embodies everything that is associated with the bad stereotypes of big time sports: arrogant and entitled coach and athletes. Rude, obnoxious, and clueless fan base. They are like the Cobra Kai of the college football world.

If there is any justice in the world we will win this without having to rely on the crane technique.
It will certainly be interesting. I think we are in that game last year if HH would have started. No, I’m not taking bribes from Kong. Poor Sims-Physical specimen who couldn’t handle the pressure.
Deion wears that cowboy hat for a reason. As they say in Texas he’s all hat, no cattle.

Doug Gottlieb: “Shedeur is good, better than advertised. Obviously, Travis Hunter is amazing and those two guys are really good football players, but at the end of the day their defense isn’t very good, they can’t run the football, and they’re kind of soft. Shedeur is good, but it feels like the whole deal is just set up for him to be a star so he can win a Heisman Trophy and be a high draft pick. It’s not set up with the idea of ‘HEY, LET’S WIN A BUNCH OF FOOTBALL GAMES, LET’S GRIND IT OUT, LET’S BE TOUGHER, LET’S BE NASTIER, LET’S BE MEANER!’... That’s not how they play.”

Many things trending our way. The only thing that concerns me is that it’s not an ideal matchup (their passing game vs our secondary). Only one sack yesterday also gives me pause. Anyone know how many Qb hurries we had?

We could be better than them overall (and I think we are) but still have a long night if we can’t pressure Shedeur.

Reactions: V-Doub and Dylman
Many things trending our way. The only thing that concerns me is that it’s not an ideal matchup (their passing game vs our secondary). Only one sack yesterday also gives me pause. Anyone know how many Qb hurries we had?

We could be better than them overall (and I think we are) but still have a long night if we can’t pressure Shedeur.
Don’t think Tony White showed all his hand yesterday, but we did sack Shedeur 8 times for 65 yards last year..

Doug Gottlieb: “Shedeur is good, better than advertised. Obviously, Travis Hunter is amazing and those two guys are really good football players, but at the end of the day their defense isn’t very good, they can’t run the football, and they’re kind of soft. Shedeur is good, but it feels like the whole deal is just set up for him to be a star so he can win a Heisman Trophy and be a high draft pick. It’s not set up with the idea of ‘HEY, LET’S WIN A BUNCH OF FOOTBALL GAMES, LET’S GRIND IT OUT, LET’S BE TOUGHER, LET’S BE NASTIER, LET’S BE MEANER!’... That’s not how they play.”
The thing that makes Sanders dangerous is that he's very good, has a great compliment of two excellent receivers. But, the main thing is, he can take as many chances as he wants because it's not like he's gonna get benched.

I think in Coach Prima donna's mind, given the choice of Shadeur throwing 20-25 with 2 tds and a win, or 30-40 with 5 td's and a loss, he'll take the loss all day long.

The thing that makes Sanders dangerous is that he's very good, has a great compliment of two excellent receivers. But, the main thing is, he can take as many chances as he wants because it's not like he's gonna get benched.

I think in Coach Prima donna's mind, given the choice of Shadeur throwing 20-25 with 2 tds and a win, or 30-40 with 5 td's and a loss, he'll take the loss all day long.

Don't agree with this at all. Prime is just as much about himself as he is about his son....2TD's passing and a win is a win for both and sets em up to go 8-4 (ish) and they'd wite stories about that kind of turn around and give Prime most of the credit. He'll take a win any way they can get it. Just like us.

I guess tcu was an upset but they were totally overrated

Reactions: scarletred

I wouldn't care if we were up by 30, I'd still like to see them use the crane technique. Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing them sweep the leg.

I wouldn't care if we were up by 30, I'd still like to see them use the crane technique. Hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing them sweep the leg.

Just pour it on for 3 quarters, once we’re up by 4-5 TDs. Bring HH at QB to just punish that soft ass defense for another 15 minutes. 56-17 Red.

Yep- he’ll be doing more than sending 3-4 guys each play.
You may be right. I tend to favor rushing 3 and blitzing one from various spots. Or just rushing four with our best pass rushers in the game. The reason being that I think running a two deep scheme would take away a lot of big play risk-- like that long pass down the sideline with our DB struggling to keep up or the quick out with our DB locked up one on one and missing the tackle.

Radio talking head in Wichita thinks it should be 10 or more by kickoff. Made NU his lock last week and again this week.
I put 0 stock in that but interesting none the less.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT