ADVERTISEMENT

Hausmann in portal

The funny thing is DeColdest got here last year, got the NIL deal, blew out his knee, and now he's in the portal after not having played a down.
Yeah this one is kind of weird. This kid got an NIL deal and hasn't played one down and nobody is 100% sure if he will ever be the player he was projected to be because of his injury and he wants to move on because Josephs future is unclear, weird. I don't understand where some of these kids get their advice from but heck they are just kids.

Reactions: dinglefritz
It’s worse than the NFL because theirs no signed contract that obligates the player to stay. The B1G makes it’s members guarantee 4 years of college but the kid can leave anytime. Unrestricted free agency every year.
And no salary caps.

College football is most likely going to go through major changes in the next 5 years. Not sure that will be an entirely good thing.

Shanle said Rhule is great at talking big. Also don’t you find it concerning that a kid with a lot of promise like Hausman doesn’t want to be a part of the home state team? Speaks a lot to the troubles with the program.
First, I couldn't give less of a shit what Shanle says. He's clearly butthurt about something and I don't remember hearing his name related to Nebraska football in any way over the last decade. There's a saying that applies to Shanle: if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. Second, there's a ton of "troubles with the program" and none of it is any of Rhule's doing. He's here to do a job and dealing with current players and commits that have been mind-f--ked by Mickey Joseph is part of the mess that has to be cleaned up. I'm not concerned at all, Rhule will find players that are loyal to him and Nebraska's football program will be better for it.

Hausman was a backup before Henrich’s injury. DeColdest may not be 100% by fall. Banks was not very good. I’m not ready to jump just yet.
Agreed on Banks.

Who actually knows about DeColdest's ability...other than speaking. I will now not have to put subtitles on an SOS commercial to see wtf he is saying. Ed O and the DC from Waterboy would be proud.

Hausmann is big. You can't spin that one, dingle.

Last edited:
Hausman was a backup before Henrich’s injury. DeColdest may not be 100% by fall. Banks was not very good. I’m not ready to jump just yet.
As a true freshman, hausman should have been. Wasn't ready to be day one starter but he sure was by the end of the season. Hard work by him or he just gets it

Every guy who has been on this team, especially for 3+ years has been on the worst crap teams ever. If, now that you have a real coach, you want to leave… good riddance.
Frankly, there’s almost no one that I care about keeping.. virtually no one has impressed me… sorry.

I do want Casey to return, and a handful of other guys but it is what it is… I’ll take the new staff over these dudes any day

Reactions: Dylman
First, I couldn't give less of a shit what Shanle says. He's clearly butthurt about something and I don't remember hearing his name related to Nebraska football in any way over the last decade. There's a saying that applies to Shanle: if you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem. Second, there's a ton of "troubles with the program" and none of it is any of Rhule's doing. He's here to do a job and dealing with current players and commits that have been mind-f--ked by Mickey Joseph is part of the mess that has to be cleaned up. I'm not concerned at all, Rhule will find players that are loyal to him and Nebraska's football program will be better for it.
He’s still butt hurt Frank got fired he mentioned his kids grew up in Louisiana and aren’t Nebraska fans because we’re irrelevant, maybe it his fault by not showing them the tradition and watch games with them , like I mentioned I think he has steroids rage

Between the Frost experience, Mickey experience, and this, I am convinced that over 1/2 of our fanbase suffers from a moderate to severe emotional health issue.

Great scene from the GREAT movie Whiplash…

Paraprashing…

Do you worry you ever ran off the next Charlie Parker?

No man…the next Charlie Parker would have never quit.

Between the Frost experience, Mickey experience, and this, I am convinced that over 1/2 of our fanbase suffers from a moderate to severe emotional health issue.
It’s true. And if you have a concern about anything and voice it you get called troll, girl, etc. bunch of uptight people in here.I said I was tired of all the talk coming from Lincoln the last several years and they want to lynch me over it. Some people need to chill out and not get so upset.

Reactions: Husker Made
You know Rhule has only been on the job for a few days right?
It’s not about only Rhule it’s everything before him and he needs to change that. Having a promising local kid desire to leave isn’t an issue for you because it flies in the face of all the 500 miles radius talk over recent years.

Teams are going to need 2 sets of recruiters. One to recruit high school players and transfer players and another set of recruiters to keep your own players.

Reactions: HuskerDana
It’s true. And if you have a concern about anything and voice it you get called troll, girl, etc. bunch of uptight people in here.I said I was tired of all the talk coming from Lincoln the last several years and they want to lynch me over it. Some people need to chill out and not get so upset.
So why are you here then?

No need. Look at the feedback given by verbal commits, current players, etc. about trusting Mickey and conferring with him before making decisions. He is a master at motivation
Wow, impressive. That's quite the case you present. Are you and oldfart the same poster? Motivation? Manipulation? Desperation?

Does this board have to over react to every little thing that doesn’t go our way. Kids transfer every year and will continue to do so, likely at a higher rate. Get over it.
Overreact? This is tame. There are currently a couple of strange ones having at it now, but it gets much weirder than this.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Last edited:
Wait, why are you replying to yourself?

I want to trust your national analysis, but this? I’m starting to feel like only worldwide analysis will do.
I skip right by national and worldwide and go to the recruiting analyst Universe.

• Haha
Reactions: Frozone
Why would the kid transfer bc Busch wasn’t retained? I’m sure Bill wouldn’t want that.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Why would the kid transfer bc Busch wasn’t retained? I’m sure Bill wouldn’t want that.
I actually won’t be surprised if they find a job for Busch in the athletic department. Would love to have him in a box as an analyst.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT