ADVERTISEMENT

Hausmann in portal

of the schools that named interim coaches
(ASU-Auburn-Wisconsin-NU)

We by far made the worst choice

An interim coach is tasked with putting the program in the best possible position heading into the next season - not assembling a powder keg whose fuse will be lit if they aren’t named head coach

The program would be so much better off had Robert Joseph never set foot in the state after his playing days

Hurts but not a surprise if they're cleaning house of all the coaches. Usually why new coaches most often keep a coach or 2.

However we are so broken maybe it takes a complete flush and rebuild.

Maybe our kids are knee jerking because they can. Maybe they don't want to work hard.

I understand being hurt by losing their coaches but just because you portal doesn't mean you can't stay

of the schools that named interim coaches
(ASU-Auburn-Wisconsin-NU)

We by far made the worst choice

An interim coach is tasked with putting the program in the best possible position heading into the next season - not assembling a powder keg whose fuse will be lit if they aren’t named head coach

The program would be so much better off had Robert Joseph never set foot in the state after his playing days
Man let it go and give it a break..

Hurts but not a surprise if they're cleaning house of all the coaches. Usually why new coaches most often keep a coach or 2.

Maybe our kids are knee jerking because they can. Maybe they don't want to work hard.

I understand being hurt by losing their coaches but just because you portal doesn't mean you can't stay
Correct could just be shopping. Can’t blame anyone for doing so

Reactions: WHCSC

Rhule was 2-10 his first year at Temple, and 1-11 his first year at Baylor.

Based on history, next year is going to be very rough. But by Year 3 we will be good, if history repeats itself.

This happens a lot when new coaches are hired, expect more to follow.
Kid is from an hour from Lincoln though. Maybe doesn’t like new coaching staff or was told he isn’t good enough? Happened a lot when Frost came in.

Rhule was 2-10 his first year at Temple, and 1-11 his first year at Baylor.

Based on history, next year is going to be very rough. But by Year 3 we will be good, if history repeats itself.
9.25 million for 2 wins….$5 mil for 3 wins looks like a heck of a deal in hindsight

Hence prepare yourselves for 1-3 wins first year. Rhule cleans house every stop he goes but gets it turned around in a couple years as his guys mature.
Fortunately, the portal takes care of the learning curve and maturity issues. That will be to his benefit - potentially.

Bad optics. He was a bright spot on D and provided some hope for the future. I hope this is not a trend.
I see where Brant Banks has entered the portal also.

Rhule has a very difficult rebuild which will become a really difficult rebuild if we lose a few more of our top players. (Not that Banks is a top player).

Coleman, Hausmann, and maybe Ajay Allen are 3 that I wish NU could keep.

Looks like the vultures that deal in the portal are busy. Can't say I blame them because this college football game is becoming a different animal than we all grew up in.

Probably by the end of this period time slot, we will have more surprises. At least then, the staff and even us fans can take a deep breath and see what he Rhule has to work with.

An unraveling looks like it may have begun. Oh well. It's been a wonderful 2 days.

**Edit** DeColdest is in the portal too.

Last edited:

Rhule has a very difficult rebuild which will become a really difficult rebuild if we lose a few more of our top players. (Not that Banks is a top player).

Looks like the vultures that deal in the portal are busy. Can't say I blame them because this college football game is becoming a different animal than we all grew up in.

Probably by the end of this period time slot, we will have more surprises. At least then, the staff and even us fans can take a deep breath and see what he Rhule has to work with.

An unraveling looks like it may have begun. Oh well. It's been a wonderful 2 days.

Big talk at the press conference Monday…people said Rhule has history of blowing everything up he has wasted no time on doing so.

I hate to see these guys leave. Feels personal as a fan. It’s brutal. You feel invested, then with the portal, guys just up and leave! Rough being a fan these days. Hard to get too attached to any player anymore.
I imagine anytime the portal is open it will be poaching from all types of schools. It's probably something we will all have to get used to. The pressure to win is damaging a sport and may destroy some teams chances to ever really get better.

Is anyone really surprised by this? don't be surprised when more players leave. Sometimes you have to tear down a structure that wasn't built correctly in order to have a sound structure. If these players don't want to be here so be it I won't fret one bit.

I'm excited about the many players who will be coming to Nebraska because they see opportunities and like what they see with a new staff. Lets face it we've seen Nebraska sink as low as it can and losing some players who don't want to be at Nebraska isn't going to kill this program, no one person is bigger than the Nebraska program going forward.

There are pros and cons to all of this. Retaining veteran talent could go along way for next year, but recruiting a bigger class this cycle could pay dividends 2 or 3 years down the road.

Also, with the transfer portal it’s laughable to think the team will go 1-11 like his first years at Temple and Baylor. Not to mention completely different situations too.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Is anyone really surprised by this? don't be surprised when more players leave. Sometimes you have to tear down a structure that wasn't built correctly in order to have a sound structure. If these players don't want to be here so be it I won't fret one bit.

I'm excited about the many players who will be coming to Nebraska because they see opportunities and like what they see with a new staff. Lets face it we've seen Nebraska sink as low as it can and losing some players who don't want to be at Nebraska isn't going to kill this program, no one person is bigger than the Nebraska program going forward.
The big concern here with Hausman is that he is a homegrown Nebraska kid…did well as true freshman. All the talk about needing the best Nebraska kids…it’s all talk. Hausman is just one kid yes but part of a bigger picture here. I’m just so sick of all the platitudes that have come out of Lincoln for years now.

I don't blame any player to want to transfer. Frost recruited, Frost mentally checks out, Frost Fired, MJ coach, New coach, MJ gets himself thrown in jail.

Reactions: Bold Words

Pretty sure Mickey was supposed to be the coach.

Hausman was a backup before Henrich’s injury. DeColdest may not be 100% by fall. Banks was not very good. I’m not ready to jump just yet.

Last edited:

The thing about the portal is there will always be players available. Not necessarily the players you want, but they will be available. At the minimum, if we're going to have to rely on the portal it would be smart to take younger kids with 3-4 years of eligibility to see if they can be developed into good players.

It's like going to the store to buy fruit after it's all been picked over.

Reactions: BleedRed78

CT supposedly is getting 500 K in NIL money. You can’t help but think some of these kids are going to look around to see what they can get.

Reactions: Hford
Hausman was a backup before his injury. DeColdest may not be 100% by fall. Banks was not very good. I’m not ready to jump just yet.
It's not like NU has been going 9-3 and 10-2 for the last 5 years. The bar for winning has been so low, another tough year that can lead to something promising in the future is what Rhule has been all about.

So, we can just see who leaves and who really wants to stay. Imagine that? A team that has players that want to be where they already are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT