ADVERTISEMENT

Hausmann in portal

The big concern here with Hausman is that he is a homegrown Nebraska kid…did well as true freshman. All the talk about needing the best Nebraska kids…it’s all talk. Hausman is just one kid yes but part of a bigger picture here. I’m just so sick of all the platitudes that have come out of Lincoln for years now.
You know Rhule has only been on the job for a few days right?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Big talk at the press conference Monday…people said Rhule has history of blowing everything up he has wasted no time on doing so.
WTF are you talking about? You literally have no idea of what Rhule has said to any players since he got here. He WAS clear in saying he wants guys to be happy and he wants guys that want to be here.

We haven’t won more than 5 games for the last 5 years. Perhaps this thing needs to be blown up.
The funny thing is DeColdest got here last year, got the NIL deal, blew out his knee, and now he's in the portal after not having played a down.

Reactions: Laner2
Very strange when it is players close or in the state especially when Hausmann played a great deal as a freshman and things were very promising for him
Still a lot of uncertainty for many players. Haven't hired a DC or a LB coach yet. Have to recruit your own roster and new guys every year, just the way it is in the transfer portal/NIL world we live in.

The big concern here with Hausman is that he is a homegrown Nebraska kid…did well as true freshman. All the talk about needing the best Nebraska kids…it’s all talk. Hausman is just one kid yes but part of a bigger picture here. I’m just so sick of all the platitudes that have come out of Lincoln for years now.
Troll?

College football has two types of recruiting, now. The first one is to get the kids out of high school. The second one is getting kids to stay.
It’s worse than the NFL because there’s no signed contract that obligates the player to stay. The B1G makes it’s members guarantee 4 years of college but the kid can leave anytime. Unrestricted free agency every year.

Last edited:
I can't blame any talented kid for looking around after their coach (and possibly the entire staff) gets fired. It's not the same staff he signed up to play for. It sucks to see them lose a talented young player like Hausmann but maybe he finds his way back after building a relationship with whoever his new coach(es) are, maybe not. Hope he is able to get a good NIL deal wherever he goes, he deserves it.

The combo of new/uncertain coaches + NIL + 6 straight losing seasons does not equal a good recipe for player retention. There will undoubtedly be more bumps in the road but that's what happens when there's a coaching change. Let's give the new coaching staff time, support and understand that sometimes you've gotta take a step (or 20) backwards before you can start moving forward. Best of luck to Hausmann!

Does this board have to over react to every little thing that doesn’t go our way. Kids transfer every year and will continue to do so, likely at a higher rate. Get over it.
I can't think of the last time I made a big deal out of a transfer/decommit. Hausmann is a huge loss. Period.

WTF are you talking about? You literally have no idea of what Rhule has said to any players since he got here. He WAS clear in saying he wants guys to be happy and he wants guys that want to be here.
Shanle said Rhule is great at talking big. Also don’t you find it concerning that a kid with a lot of promise like Hausman doesn’t want to be a part of the home state team? Speaks a lot to the troubles with the program.

of the schools that named interim coaches
(ASU-Auburn-Wisconsin-NU)

We by far made the worst choice

An interim coach is tasked with putting the program in the best possible position heading into the next season - not assembling a powder keg whose fuse will be lit if they aren’t named head coach

The program would be so much better off had Robert Joseph never set foot in the state after his playing days
He was heavily leveraging His relationship with the players to try and become the head coach. Matt had 45 scholarship players at Baylor his 1st season if anyone can build it backup it's him.

Troll? No. I’m saying there has been all the talk (including Rhule on Monday) about kids from in Nebraska being on the team. And here it looks like Hausman has no interest in being on the team. Yes he is just one kid but right off the bat it’s a failure in keeping good players home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT