ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Opening Day!

Rockies-Padres game pushed back a few hours due to threatening weather.

Translated: Someone in San Diego had to wear a jacket this morning and put the top up.
Rox have a real shot at 100+ losses this year

the single worst expansion franchise in major sports history. zero division titles.

opposing fans will continue to pack Coors & line Monfort's pockets while he employs his kids and maintains his rudderless course

sad

Rox have a real shot at 100+ losses this year

the single worst expansion franchise in major sports history. zero division titles.

opposing fans will continue to pack Coors & line Monfort's pockets while he employs his kids and maintains his rudderless course

sad
They do have some promising young players, but they’ll be lucky to see the field with Bud Black at the helm. Buddy would rather play his veteranny veterans in a quest for 4th place. Montero crushed the ball in Spring Training, but one bad week and he’ll be on the bench.

Reactions: king_kong_
They do have some promising young players, but they’ll be lucky to see the field with Bud Black at the helm. Buddy would rather play his veteranny veterans in a quest for 4th place. Montero crushed the ball in Spring Training, but one bad week and he’ll be on the bench.
meanwhile Mike Moustakas is sure to see 400+ plate appearances

nothing against Moose, but stuff like this is exactly why they'll remain in eternal limbo

Reactions: schuele
also - rule changes! my thoughts:

pitch clock: fine
bigger bases: whatever
ban on shifts: stupid
limited pick-offs: stupid

many pundits are predicting multiple 50+ stolen base guys this year, but it just won't be the same thing with pitchers/catchers being neutered by over regulation

My first opening day in person today. At lovely Busch stadium to watch my beloved cardinals. 😊
Watching Wainwright sing the National Anthem. A little twangy, and I think I celebrated a birthday by the time he finished, but he did pretty well.

I sing like a hinge, so I can't gripe too much.

My first opening day in person today. At lovely Busch stadium to watch my beloved cardinals. 😊
Gross. But I hope you have a great time! There’s a good Cajun place a few blocks from there

Reactions: nwualum
Cards take a one run lead into the 8th and promptly blow it. Then claw back a one run lead going into the 9th and the bullpen shits the bed again. Same way they got bounced from the playoffs last year

Cards take a one run lead into the 8th and promptly blow it. Then claw back a one run lead going into the 9th and the bullpen shits the bed again. Same way they got bounced from the playoffs last year
Is this the Cards or the Huskers

Inject it into my veins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT