ADVERTISEMENT

Griffith

Are you sure about Tutt being on the same level as Bookie? He didn't look like it from the clips I saw of him at FNL.
Watched both Tutt & Bookie closely in one on ones. They are very similar players. Bookie is more polished right now but man, Tutt is bigger and VERY physical! Both kids have great closing speed. Really wanted to see Griffith in one on ones too but he didn't participate.

Tuco is right. Elite dudes are often put on a "three year" plan; I read this when we were hot on Lewis. Basically, college coaches straight up say, "Hey, come here and kick ass for three years, then declare for the draft, no harm no foul." With this kind of talent, that's just how it works. To add to what Tuco is saying, I think SOMETIMES elite dudes stick around for a fourth year if: A.) that specific year's draft is rich in their position, so they come back for a fourth year to improve their draft stock next cycle, or B.) they just happen to personally value a degree. Both are exceptions, not the rule.

Tuco is right. Elite dudes are often put on a "three year" plan; I read this when we were hot on Lewis. Basically, college coaches straight up say, "Hey, come here and kick ass for three years, then declare for the draft, no harm no foul." With this kind of talent, that's just how it works. To add to what Tuco is saying, I think SOMETIMES elite dudes stick around for a fourth year if: A.) that specific year's draft is rich in their position, so they come back for a fourth year to improve their draft stock next cycle, or B.) they just happen to personally value a degree. Both are exceptions, not the rule.

Troof.

Watched both Tutt & Bookie closely in one on ones. They are very similar players. Bookie is more polished right now but man, Tutt is bigger and VERY physical! Both kids have great closing speed. Really wanted to see Griffith in one on ones too but he didn't participate.

I'll agree to disagree. Bookie is an athletic freak. His height plus his vertical gives him better reach than most players. There's a reason people are arguing that he may be the best player in this class. He's not only elite, but has a magnetic personality and is a natural leader. If he stays healthy, we're gonna remember his career in Lincoln for a long, long time.

I'll agree to disagree. Bookie is an athletic freak. His height plus his vertical gives him better reach than most players. There's a reason people are arguing that he may be the best player in this class. He's not only elite, but has a magnetic personality and is a natural leader. If he stays healthy, we're gonna remember his career in Lincoln for a long, long time.

His height?

Just looking at both of them, Tutt has the edge in physical tools.

I too think Bookie is the overall better player right now but Tutt has the ability to have just as good of career at Nebraska. I was just surprised by how physical he was at FNL. As far as Bookie goes, I've never seen a kid that young be so skilled at that position! I totally agree he is a physical freak that more than makes up for his lack of height. Both dudes are gonna be special corners and hopefully Griffith at safety. Damn........that could be an incredible secondary in a few years! Imagine if we could somehow land Parsons and that top LB in 2019!

I believe they are still trying to get that Isaac Taylor-Stuart kid here too, I can't remember if he's a WR or DB target though.
Very high on this lad, but, I dont know if we have realistic shot. Right behind Bookie in terms of potential greatness

Isaac is a wise, talented lad!

Last edited:
So when are we gonna see some comitting? At this point im guessing not until the season starts and officials are taken.

Just got out of a dead period on Monday. There are players setting up additional unofficials before the season starts. I don't know if that will lead to commitments, but there is a reason it's been quiet for a couple of weeks.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Loy also posted two crystal balls for two other prospects to FSU in the same time frame...probably had a conversation with a connected person and they mentioned those three names as ones they feel good about. Those analysts change picks like I change underwear, hard to take them real serious...

Loy also posted two crystal balls for two other prospects to FSU in the same time frame...probably had a conversation with a connected person and they mentioned those three names as ones they feel good about. Those analysts change picks like I change underwear, hard to take them real serious...

In other words, once a week you mean. I think you need to start taking your underwear more seriously.

Loy also posted two crystal balls for two other prospects to FSU in the same time frame...probably had a conversation with a connected person and they mentioned those three names as ones they feel good about.

He was right about one of them. The #2 center in the country who plays for IMG committed to FSU today.
I'm hoping like all heck that Griffith ends up at Nebraska.

Seeing CB picks on Griffith toward FSU today. Darn.
Yep, 3 more in a little over an hour. Not looking good right now, there's still a lot of time left. Things can swing the other way when OVs come around.

Hopefully they've got more guys on deck that can fill his roll in the class, though. With D. Williams, I rest easy that the DB class will be fine though. Not to mention, a few weeks back the NU lean that came out was a bit surprising to begin with.

Reactions: baseball31ne
You still have guys like Jordan Moore potentially out there too. DW will find someone, Griffith or otherwise.

Reactions: DukeOfSorrow
Crystal Balls are only relevant and accurate when they say the recruit won't be going to Nebraska. Otherwise, they are simply guesses by people who don't know what's going on.

Didn't see this posted. Good news for us.

maybe he tweeted about Jimbo's new hair plugs and people thought he was an FSU lock

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/FiA...orus_asset/file/8851073/usa_today_9396158.jpg

jimbo_fisher_crying_heisman.jpg

usa_today_9396158.jpg

Maybe those CBs for FSU were a result of the fact that Verdis Brown, Griffiths teammate from Mt. Carmel and IMG committed to FSU 5 days ago.

Reactions: DukeOfSorrow
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_9980cd56-70b8-11e7-923a-674106dda99a.html
Howard Griffith said the Huskers have stood out in a few ways. One was the "Friday Night Lights" camp at Memorial Stadium in June that both father and son felt was "pretty impressive." Another is new defensive coordinator Bob Diaco — "I think it was clear from talking with (Diaco) when we were there for Friday Night Lights that he's going to have the attention of the players when he stands in front of them," Howard Griffith said — and new cornerbacks coach Donte Williams.

Williams is recruiting Houston Griffith, Howard said, and has a "relatable" quality to him that has helped the coach form a good relationship with the younger Griffith. Williams' ability to get on the field himself to demonstrate coverages and techniques also sets him apart. "I think he does a great job of connecting with players and that will continue," Howard Griffith said. "From my first opportunities watching him coach, I think he's got a chance to be a star. He'll be hyped as a recruiter, recruiter, recruiter, but sometimes what gets missing in that is he's going to be a good coach."

Reactions: TwinsRRUs
We land Tutt and Griffith... Jackson can go back to Safety where I think he is better suited for. Either way Tutt and Bookie are lock down corners, and they are ideal for that position. It is fun to talk about this stuff. Also an injury is not going to matter with the depth we are starting to develop. I really like what I am seeing right now!

It is fun to talk about this stuff. How long has it been since we've had a lockdown secondary? Think of the pressure it will take off the LBs when they can blitz knowing that their "back" is covered? Now, if we can just get a stud at DE to commit and add Parsons. *homer drool*

It is fun to talk about this stuff. How long has it been since we've had a lockdown secondary? Think of the pressure it will take off the LBs when they can blitz knowing that their "back" is covered? Now, if we can just get a stud at DE to commit and add Parsons. *homer drool*

With all of the hype from us Husker fans for the recruits coming in for CB, I hope at least half of them pan out and at least a couple end up being lock-down corners.

When is the last time we have had a true lock-down corner? Good question.
We have had some good CBs, but a true lock-down CB?

Will we ever have two at the same time?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT