ADVERTISEMENT

Game 6: #5 Michigan State 9-7 over #8 Nebraska (Elimination Game)

Bag the bats, pack the bags, planes, trains and automobiles to distant parts for summer ball.

It's all over. Screwy season, screwy results. Hard to deal with.

Reactions: coolonetoo
I thought bringing in Miller was OK. If you're going to try to win the tourney you have to have a back of the bullpen arm try to eat an inning with a four-run lead.

But letting him go past two batters without recording an out was a serious error. He faced five. No outs.

In a way I'm not shocked that's how our season ends. Is it odd for me to not be upset right now? Almost felt like this was going to happen in a sad way.

Last edited:
I thought bringing in Miller was OK. If you're going to try to win the tourney you have to have a back of the bullpen arm try to eat an inning with a four-run lead.

But letting him go past two batters without recording an out was a serious error. He faced five. No outs.

I feel there were many many more options before Miller, other than Eddins he would have been my last option out of the bullpen unless we were up by 8 or more runs. He just doesn't have the experience, I think he had about 2 innings pitched this whole year I believe? Just an odd season as a whole though so who knows.

You are 100% correct that the real error was leaving him in.

In a way I'm not shocked that's how our season ends. Is it odd for e to not be upset right now? Almost felt like this was going to happen in a sad way.
Right in line with every other goofy thing this year. Fitting.

In a way I'm not shocked that's how our season ends. Is it odd for e to not be upset right now? Almost felt like this was going to happen in a sad way.
Ever since losing to Purdue, I have not asked whether could win any of the remaining games. The only question I have asked is how are we going to blow it? We found a way to blow it in the worst way possible.

Unfrigging believable. I go for a walk with my wife and kid and come back and see this crap. thank God I did not stay at home to listen up and thank God we do not play again tomorrow night. I'll find something better to do with my time. What a joke. I am so done with this team and coaching.

Bullpen full of talent and they throw Miller. No words. They were trying to save arms clearly and worry about tomorrow instead of taking care of today. On the coaches clearly. Yesterday a few times in bunting situations they take a first pitch right down the middle. Seriously? Horrible fundamentals ... Coaching.

Reactions: huskernation77
Unfrigging believable. I go for a walk with my wife and kid and come back and see this crap. thank God I did not stay at home to listen up and thank God we do not play again tomorrow night. I'll find something better to do with my time. What a joke. I am so done with this team and coaching.

Not that this will help but I do love the avatar, its much appreciated after a loss like that. Laughing

Reactions: huskernation77
Bullpen full of talent and they throw Miller. No words. They were trying to save arms clearly and worry about tomorrow instead of taking care of today. On the coaches clearly. Yesterday a few times in bunting situations they take a first pitch right down the middle. Seriously? Horrible fundamentals ... Coaching.

I am told we are well coached....ignore the results on the field.

It will be interesting to see if Silva gets any coaching offers worth a salt. I'm assuming he is someone who wants to be a HC down the line....him sticking around under Erstad can't be helping much.

ADVERTISEMENT