ADVERTISEMENT

FYI for Anyone Travelling to Minneapolis

Based on the anecdotes in this thread, I am stunned there are any victims of any crime anywhere

A concert and FOUR whopping twins games without being accosted?!

AMAZING
Aren’t you the one who said you were scared of wearing sunscreen and sunglasses? Add MLPS to the list. Are there things that don’t worry you?

Outsmarting you.

EagerSlowAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
I always go with stats over people with real life experiences....

I wonder if Taylor Swift fans were this worried about crime in Minneapolis?
It’s such a lawless godless shithole their AG had to warn fans of targeted crime before she even got there

• Sad
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
It’s such a lawless godless shithole their AG had to warn fans of targeted crime before she even got there

I know how much you like to research. So if that is the worst you could find with tens of thousands of women in town for a couple concerts than I'll assume it was pretty safe.

Reactions: MikeRileyGBR
I know how much you like to research. So if that is the worst you could find with tens of thousands of women in town for a couple concerts than I'll assume it was pretty safe.
*then

**how dare you label swifties in such a way. no room on the forum for such ignorant hateful rhetoric smh

I survived walking back to a downtown South Bend B&B from Notre Dame Stadium after dark. I expect walking around DT Minneapolis pales in comparison to that.

You care so less that you spend hours on a Nebraska sports board?
Who cares? I’m a Nebraska fan as much as I am Iowa, ISU or Kansas State fan. I just like to see Midwest kids do well for themselves.

If you think I spend hours on this board I really hate to think how much time you spend on here given our respective messages/time.

Reactions: East-Coast-Sker
Minneapolis is an absolute criminal disaster right now, and the Dinkytown and campus areas are no exception. Rest assured, these elements are just waiting for night football games to target out of towners and the plates on your vehicles will be red flags. Park in lit areas if you can, move in groups, don't carry anything over your shoulder, leave nothing in your vehicles and don't cut down alleyways or narrow passes. The ordinary media does you no justice in terms of awareness, but these sites will help you get your minds right before entering the belly of the beast:

Please be safe!
PJ can't fix this??

What does that mean? I lived in Chicago for 20 years, I never personally say a person get shot or raped...

So does that mean it didn't happen?
Exactly, hell there are places you probably don’t want to go in Lincoln. It’s about being smart and using common sense when traveling to ANY city in America.

Exactly, hell there are places you probably don’t want to go in Lincoln. It’s about being smart and using common sense when traveling to ANY city in America.

exactly, we rarely venture north of old cheney. north L town is a sketch show.

• Haha
Reactions: Huskers123456
Have you ever been to a city?

You have millions of people something is going to happen every day. And you can live there 40+ years and not see it once.

You know how many shootings there are in Omaha in a given year? I'm 44 and lived hear all my life and I've never seen one, never been near one, never even knew anyone who's been shot. I've never known anyone who's been stabbed. Never known anyone who's been a victim of gang violence...

my brother just moved from minneanapolis, he said it was basically just a bigger version of omaha, except that there are sommelier signs littered about.

there is generally a hint of sketch everywhere you go (gotta stay aware), but that's all cities.

My favorite reply to places being turned into shitholes is something along the lines of "times change" as if its a good thing we have crime and bad people doing bad things in places we used to be able to trust to traverse.

YAY things are worse!

Reactions: Jaemekon
OP is a troll.

His freaking name is literally "Here_4_a_Day"

But what a genius troll, playing with the all-too-real Husker fans that can't sleep at night worrying about the crime in Minneapolis and Chicago.

For real, it boggles my mind how an obvious troll can post here and a handful of people take the bait, revealing the folks who would apparently die instantly if they ever step foot in Chicago or any big city

Exactly!

Last time I was in minny the biggest threat was possible passing out from boredom before and after the game.

100%...Well, that and freeze to death. Wasn't there for a game, but that place felt like one of the biggest wanna be big cities ever. Way more like a Kansas City than a Chicago. Didn't feel to me like Minneapolis could hold a real big city's jock when it comes to violent crime.

100%...Well, that and freeze to death. Wasn't there for a game, but that place felt like one of the biggest wanna be big cities ever. Way more like a Kansas City than a Chicago. Didn't feel to me like Minneapolis could hold a real big city's jock when it comes to violent crime.
It really is a different "cold" over there in Minny.

And I agree...Minny doesn't feel like a big city. If anything it feels like a city where people go when they can handle a real city.

Have you ever been to a city?

You have millions of people something is going to happen every day. And you can live there 40+ years and not see it once.

You know how many shootings there are in Omaha in a given year? I'm 44 and lived hear all my life and I've never seen one, never been near one, never even knew anyone who's been shot. I've never known anyone who's been stabbed. Never known anyone who's been a victim of gang violence...
Why attempt to turn this into something it's not with your lust to normalize, condone and accept rampant crime in America? Nebraska isn't playing in Omaha on the 31st, and they're not playing in Oakland. They are playing in Minneapolis and Minneapolis only. Many people attending the game from out of town, have no idea they will be rubbing shoulders with "people" like this > while in Minneapolis. Many people from out of town, have no idea hot lead flies in Minneapolis EVERY SINGLE NIGHT---but that's normal and expected everywhere according to you. < That doesn't mean Sally and Frank from Cherry Creek expect it and think it's normal. Preparation is the key to prevention.

Reactions: Jaemekon
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT