ADVERTISEMENT

FYI for Anyone Travelling to Minneapolis

Here_4_a_Day

Aug 22, 2023
Minneapolis is an absolute criminal disaster right now, and the Dinkytown and campus areas are no exception. Rest assured, these elements are just waiting for night football games to target out of towners and the plates on your vehicles will be red flags. Park in lit areas if you can, move in groups, don't carry anything over your shoulder, leave nothing in your vehicles and don't cut down alleyways or narrow passes. The ordinary media does you no justice in terms of awareness, but these sites will help you get your minds right before entering the belly of the beast:

Please be safe!

Last edited:
There needs to be a website like Google Maps that designates the unsafe travel locations/areas.

Reactions: ciurej 2.0
LOL threads like this definitely make me laugh a little (I travel a lot and love big cities, especially with good public transportation). Been to MSP a few times including in the spring. Downtown is perfectly safe. Walked around during the day, during the night, took the train everywhere I could (had to Uber twice). It's fine. Not once did it feel unsafe.

Even lost a friend who enjoyed himself a little too much...a nice guy helped him find the right train to get on before we finally tracked him down.

Don't go down dark alleyways (which there aren't that many), stay in well lit well developed areas. It's not that hard.

On a scale of dangerous cities, MSP isn't even in the top 10.

LOL threads like this definitely make me laugh a little (I travel a lot and love big cities, especially with good public transportation). Been to MSP a few times including in the spring. Downtown is perfectly safe. Walked around during the day, during the night, took the train everywhere I could (had to Uber twice). It's fine. Not once did it feel unsafe.

Even lost a friend who enjoyed himself a little too much...a nice guy helped him find the right train to get on before we finally tracked him down.

Don't go down dark alleyways (which there aren't that many), stay in well lit well developed areas. It's not that hard.

This. Been to a few concerts in Minneapolis. One at U.S. Bank where I got a little intoxicated and got lost. Zero issues. People are so dramatic.

Dude, it is 16th...why re you acting like that is super good.

Werid.

Reactions: Laner2

Exactly great post . Every city in America is unsafe if you get into the area and do dumb stuff like taking shortcuts off the main areas. As you say stay in well lite and developed areas.

Perfectly safe > https://twitter.com/CrimeWatchMpls

Just a normal, perfectly safe, Tuesday morning >
Have you ever been to a city?

You have millions of people something is going to happen every day. And you can live there 40+ years and not see it once.

You know how many shootings there are in Omaha in a given year? I'm 44 and lived hear all my life and I've never seen one, never been near one, never even knew anyone who's been shot. I've never known anyone who's been stabbed. Never known anyone who's been a victim of gang violence...

My family "HAD" a cabin near Walker, MN. We would all fly in and grab a hotel for the night in MSP and then drive up in the morning. 20 years ago, I considered Minnesota my second home. Today - not at all and we got rid of the cabin.

I think it’s required that this board have a thread on Minneapolis being a war zone every three months. I’ve been to four twins games this summer and walked from the hotel all but one time. Still no issues to report. I did see one crazy dude at a bus stop yelling at people as they walked by, but without incident. Maybe I’m just lucky.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT