ADVERTISEMENT

Fundamentals.....

In 2014 OSU beat them 59-0... Frosty's goal is to be the most unique offense in the conference, and we know we are in the top 4 in offensive recruiting, so we can run a weird offense with players that are better than 75% of the conference. The defense starts to have more and more players like Cam Taylor over time...he has like 80% of our forced fumbles and INTs. The Frostfense is predicated on inside run, effectively a screen run, let defenders up the field and block linebackers...the big 10 is strong in the front 7, but if you can force the front 7 to respect the inside run then all of the screens, pitches, and slot dumps to TEs begin to work. I imagine we will move to a pistol, H-back, power back inside run at a times...I mean Oregon had one of the all time great power guys in Legarrette Blunt. Right now we don't have the horses but we know the staff can coach an offense to become one of the best in the nation, and an offense that can move the ball against the top of the SEC. And his offense at UCF wasn't full of top recruits. The bottoming out of the program was October last year...at that point we were 6-18 in our previous 24 games. The program has been building for 1 year and we are 8-5 since. If we can get healthy, I expect 6 wins and a bowl game. That would be inline with Frosts 1st year at UCF...I just think we are a year behind because it was a different situation.

Break this up in shorter paragraphs

In 2014 OSU beat them 59-0... Frosty's goal is to be the most unique offense in the conference, and we know we are in the top 4 in offensive recruiting, so we can run a weird offense with players that are better than 75% of the conference. The defense starts to have more and more players like Cam Taylor over time...he has like 80% of our forced fumbles and INTs. The Frostfense is predicated on inside run, effectively a screen run, let defenders up the field and block linebackers...the big 10 is strong in the front 7, but if you can force the front 7 to respect the inside run then all of the screens, pitches, and slot dumps to TEs begin to work. I imagine we will move to a pistol, H-back, power back inside run at a times...I mean Oregon had one of the all time great power guys in Legarrette Blunt. Right now we don't have the horses but we know the staff can coach an offense to become one of the best in the nation, and an offense that can move the ball against the top of the SEC. And his offense at UCF wasn't full of top recruits. The bottoming out of the program was October last year...at that point we were 6-18 in our previous 24 games. The program has been building for 1 year and we are 8-5 since. If we can get healthy, I expect 6 wins and a bowl game. That would be inline with Frosts 1st year at UCF...I just think we are a year behind because it was a different situation.

You're really going to reference a one time event that took place 5 years ago, under a completely different coaching staff...that was very quickly dispatched from Oregon State??? C'mon.

As long as Jim Leonard is there, I have strong doubts that we'll ever get remotely close to a 24-0 lead against Wisconsin.

But I'm not really arguing Yea or Nea on our offense. I'm moreso just saying that it would be nice to be able to slow down an opposing offense for once. And that if you try outscoring teams in the B1G, without a good defensed, it is going to fail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT