ADVERTISEMENT

Full Stadiums Coming Soon

Most free state in the US.
Florida the most free? There's a lot of agreement on this board regarding the issues facing California and the Pacific Northwest, and that's perfectly fine. But you can't possibly be suggesting that Florida is a model that other states should follow. Now if you said weirdest state, well then Florida wins no contest.

Reactions: TheBeav815
Most free state in the US.
According to the CDC:

The risk of COVID-19 spreading at events and gatherings increases as follows:
Lowest risk: Virtual-only activities, events, and gatherings.
More risk: Smaller outdoor and in-person gatherings in which individuals from different households remain spaced at least 6 feet apart, wear masks, do not share objects, and come from the same local area (e.g., community, town, city, or county).
Higher risk: Medium-sized in-person gatherings that are adapted to allow individuals to remain spaced at least 6 feet apart and with attendees coming from outside the local area.
Highest risk: Large in-person gatherings where it is difficult for individuals to remain spaced at least 6 feet apart and attendees travel from outside the local area.

If Desantis wants to place Florida residents at the highest risk of spreading the virus, that's his prerogative. B10 presidents are not that stupid.

According to the CDC:

More risk: Smaller outdoor and in-person gatherings in which individuals from different households remain spaced at least 6 feet apart, wear masks, do not share objects, and come from the same local area (e.g., community, town, city, or county).
Higher risk: Medium-sized in-person gatherings that are adapted to allow individuals to remain spaced at least 6 feet apart and with attendees coming from outside the local area.
Highest risk: Large in-person gatherings where it is difficult for individuals to remain spaced at least 6 feet apart and attendees travel from outside the local area.

If Desantis wants to place Florida residents at the highest risk of spreading the virus, that's his prerogative. B10 presidents are not that stupid.
Ok parrot. Get out of your cage and see that reality is not at all like they say at the CDC or MSNBC while clutching their pearls.

B1G presidents weren't smart enough to have a season. Pretty stupid to have them be standard of any measure.

Ok parrot. Get out of your cage and see that reality is not at all like they say at the CDC or MSNBC while clutching their pearls.
Florida has the most residents aged 65 or older and a percentage of elderly residents higher than any other state. I guess Desantis isn't planning on running for re-election. The only thing dumber would be for Trump to endorse it so I suspect he will.

Florida has the most residents aged 65 or older and a percentage of elderly residents higher than any other state. I guess Desantis isn't planning on running for re-election. The only thing dumber would be for Trump to endorse it so I suspect he will.

Correction the only thing dumber would be for you to sit here and fear monger and regurgitate a bunch of CDC garbage like it's fact while being a scared little snowflake. America is opening, bit by bit, stay home of you don't like it. Make sure you wear your mask to show how much you care and how compliant you are.

No one is forcing anyone to leave their homes. Why can’t you get that through your thick skull. We have choices down here in the sunshine state, unlike in NY. Poor NYC granny in a nursing home getting stuck with Covid patients .. simply disgusting.

Last edited:
According to the CDC:

did the governor buy everyone tickets?

Reactions: Bugeater
Florida the most free? There's a lot of agreement on this board regarding the issues facing California and the Pacific Northwest, and that's perfectly fine. But you can't possibly be suggesting that Florida is a model that other states should follow. Now if you said weirdest state, well then Florida wins no contest.

- No state income tax
- liberal definition of amendment rights
- We can CHOOSE to go out to a football game if we CHOOSE to do so

But yeah .. let your government tell you what you can and can’t do... sounds like freedom to me

According to the CDC:

I assume you are as disgusted as I am with what Whitmer has done to the elderly in retirement homes. I know she was on a huge campaign to stop Michigan football, but now she’s too busy trying to cover up all the retirement home deaths.

I assume you are as disgusted as I am with what Whitmer has done to the elderly in retirement homes. I know she was on a huge campaign to stop Michigan football, but now she’s too busy trying to cover up all the retirement home deaths.

She has not learned to stop digging when she find out she's in a hole.

• Haha
Reactions: red scowl
You can hear the left's collective moans in the back ground....."we almost pulled it off"

Just so we're clear, I'm saying the left wanted to crater the country in the hopes it would help come November. Yes. I'm sayin that. Outloud.

Accurate.

And Killary came up with the Russian collusion BS against Trump that caused untold damage for the last 4 years and Obama was in on it. They tried to trap Trump, but there wasn't anything there so they had nothing on him. Laughing

did the governor buy everyone tickets?
No but he is sanctioning the spread of coronavirus. If you pack tens of thousands of people into a stadium during an active outbreak, the virus will be be communally transmitted. This isn't a difficult concept.

Like I stated earlier, it is the governor's prerogative to set public health policy. You may remember that Desantis previously closed all restaurants and gyms located in Florida, He also signed EOs to close beaches, bowling alleys, and theatres. He sets the policy. Florida reported 2,580 new cases (+16%) and 139 more deaths (+53%) today. Either he believes that full capacity stadiums will not increase transmission or he knows that it will increase coronavirus cases and doesn't care.

No but he is sanctioning the spread of coronavirus. If you pack tens of thousands of people into a stadium during an active outbreak, the virus will be be communally transmitted. This isn't a difficult concept.

Like I stated earlier, it is the governor's prerogative to set public health policy. You may remember that Desantis previously closed all restaurants and gyms located in Florida, He also signed EOs to close beaches, bowling alleys, and theatres. He sets the policy. Florida reported 2,580 new cases (+16%) and 139 more deaths (+53%) today. Either he believes that full capacity stadiums will not increase transmission or he knows that it will increase coronavirus cases and doesn't care.
did you know that you only need one space following a period now? that changed ~15 years ago.

are we looking at yet another reversal of course by the B1G, this time as it pertains to their absolutely no fans whatsoever decree?
if you haven't been paying attention there are a lot of states that "allow" businesses to do whatever they want in terms of response to covid. many of them choose to conduct their business within national and local medical recommendations despite what local government allows. i suspect this will be the case in the short term as well. just because there is no law against it doesn't mean everyone is going to go out and fill their stadiums. a couple might surprise us but in general i doubt this has any impact on sporting events in general

if you haven't been paying attention there are a lot of states that "allow" businesses to do whatever they want in terms of response to covid. many of them choose to conduct their business within national and local medical recommendations despite what local government allows. i suspect this will be the case in the short term as well. just because there is no law against it doesn't mean everyone is going to go out and fill their stadiums. a couple might surprise us but in general i doubt this has any impact on sporting events in general
this is the first state to my knowledge to remove a cap on gatherings.

thank you for the word vomit. I'm sure precisely zero people (myself included) will be able to make it through this post.

Reactions: GBRforLife1

Ooooo scary numbers that are total bullshit. You have no clue what you're talking about. All you do is parrot fake news talking points.

Hey, did you know 15% of Arizona's hospitalizations never happened?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT