ADVERTISEMENT

Frost

planored

Athletic Director
Aug 5, 2003
Biggest thing for me with Frost taking UCF job is recruiting. IF and this is big IF, say Frost becomes Neb HC in 5-6 yrs his recruiting ties in Florida will be huge. great move by Frost but more importantly someone who is mentoring him and program. Frost will know every HS coach and program in FL which will be huge. Frost will succeed because he is a winner and will be prepared in 5 yrs.

Biggest thing for me with Frost taking UCF job is recruiting. IF and this is big IF, say Frost becomes Neb HC in 5-6 yrs his recruiting ties in Florida will be huge. great move by Frost but more importantly someone who is mentoring him and program. Frost will know every HS coach and program in FL which will be huge. Frost will succeed because he is a winner and will be prepared in 5 yrs.

And that's in addition to all the West Coast connections he's made over the past 6 years.

Reactions: leodisflowers
IMO it all depends on how Riley does. If he has some success over the next 5-6 years AND the cupboard is full, Frosty will want the gig. If this turns into another dumpster fire, he'll hold off. All of course depends on HIS success at UCF

Another Frost man-love thread. Ironically, if he had won the qb job at Stanford, the only threads about him here would be to bash him.

Wrong answer.....The ONLY reason Scott went to Stanford was because Bill Walsh was the HC and when Walsh quit after Scott's soph year and Willingham was hired Scott left in early January of 1995..don't believe the qback job is earned in January

IMO it all depends on how Riley does. If he has some success over the next 5-6 years AND the cupboard is full, Frosty will want the gig. If this turns into another dumpster fire, he'll hold off. All of course depends on HIS success at UCF
I would love to see Frost succeed and UCF and then come here in 5-6 years either if Riley fails or if he retires. Problem is, if Riley fails I don't see him being here 5-6 years. 2-3 more at most. I think Frost will need more time than that at UCF to get things rolling and prove he is a good head coach. Which mean we either take a shot with Frost or we hire another guy, in the case we hire another guy, Frost probably goes else where.

Wrong answer.....The ONLY reason Scott went to Stanford was because Bill Walsh was the HC and when Walsh quit after Scott's soph year and Willingham was hired Scott left in early January of 1995..don't believe the qback job is earned in January
Not sure this is completely correct either. Didn't Scott get a shot at QB but then get moved to safety early on in his time at Stanford? I'm sure when Walsh left it became that much easier for him to leave, but I don't think he was gonna get a real shot at QB... Maybe I'm wrong though. This is all just from memory.

I would love to see Frost succeed and UCF and then come here in 5-6 years either if Riley fails or if he retires. Problem is, if Riley fails I don't see him being here 5-6 years. 2-3 more at most. I think Frost will need more time than that at UCF to get things rolling and prove he is a good head coach. Which mean we either take a shot with Frost or we hire another guy, in the case we hire another guy, Frost probably goes else where.
Scott said he has the talent there now. He will win 9 at least every year. Only thing left to be seen is if he uses the fullback, and triple option.

Reactions: BludRed

I remember that, but I also remember him being moved from QB to safety. I would take that as an indication that he didn't earn the QB job.

Reactions: timnsun
and if your parents used protection, I wouldn't be responding to this post. What's your point?

7ac.jpg

Reactions: CC_Lemming
Another Frost man-love thread. Ironically, if he had won the qb job at Stanford, the only threads about him here would be to bash him.

Well, I'll be the one who supports this sentiment. Lots of love for the former QB. However, until he has proven he is ready for top tier school (NU is a blue blood, like it or not) as a coach everyone needs to take a big breath and see how he does at the next level. I wish him the bet of luck. These HCIW threads are highly premature. Hardly a "pissing in your Cheerios" response.

I remember that, but I also remember him being moved from QB to safety. I would take that as an indication that he didn't earn the QB job.

Scott knew before even enrolling at Stanford that he probably wasn't going to be the starting quarterback for the first 2 years but played safety because of the great athlete he was....Walsh quit and his dream of being a quarterback under Bill Walsh was ended. I remember well all the heat he took from the fans for not going to Nebraska.

Last edited:
btw...when Scott visited Stanford on a recruiting visit Joe Montana "just happened" to be with Walsh at that time....NCAA doesn't like those chance meetings on recruiting trips.

Scott knew before even enrolling at Stanford that he probably wasn't going to be the starting quarterback for the first 2 years but played safety because of the great athlete he was....Walsh quit and his dream of being a quarterback under Bill Walsh was ended. I remember well all the heat he took from the fans for not going to Nebraska.
I do remember Scott taking a lot of heat from husker fans when he left the state and then again when he came back. He had to earn his stripes his junior year at Nebraska... Things weren't just given to him.

I do remember Scott taking a lot of heat from husker fans when he left the state and then again when he came back. He had to earn his stripes his junior year at Nebraska... Things weren't just given to him.

He had to replace Frazier. It was a lose/lose for him. Thanks to Oz Frost can put that on his resume. That relationship as mentor and student has to be there. If Frost took that in then I see much success in his future.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT