ADVERTISEMENT

Frost: There’s a 100 ways the guys could have won that game

I at least would liked to seen what would have happened with a decent snap from center from Farmer on 4th down... Too bad we’ll never know..
Yes. They didn't show anything down field once the ball was snapped

Im actually surprised that so many folks are defending not kicking the field goal. I thought it was a no brainer considering the success that Nebraska has had converting 4th down this year.
Just curious, did you see the kicker miss the field goal and the extra point earlier in the game? Have you seen our kicker throughout this year? If you wonder why it wasn’t a no-brainer to kick the field goal, then I can only assume you haven’t seen our field goal kicker kick this year.

Playing the percentages is one of them. 1 for 10 on 4th down conversions vs 5 for 9 field goal percentage. Winning coaches trust their kickers.

Reactions: Sinomatic
I don't blame him for not trusting Pickering in that situation. He's not a good kicker yet. Hopefully he'll make some progress and be decent next year.

I completely agree Pickering has struggled but 1 for 10 on 4th downs this year. If you dont have confidence in your kicker how do you have confidence in your offense? Or ia it the offensive play calling that is the problem.

Frost has shown lately he holds everyone else accountable but himself.
Bullshit. He constantly takes the blame, says he needs to do better. Some of you just didn’t want to hear it. Short of firing himself, I’m not sure there is anything he can do or say to make some of you give up on this ridiculous narrative.

Last edited:
one way was to convert on 4th and 6 inches near midfield to ice the game - but sadly they weren’t given the opportunity

Well they didn't and I also don't like how he says the team deserved to win, because they didn't. Northwestern deserved it just as much. When you turn the ball over in key areas, that's how other teams beat you even if you're outplaying them. That and the playcalling on 3rd and 4th downs is still horrendous on both sides of the ball. It was 3rd and 6 one play on their side of the field and we call a low percentage fade play. That's the kind of things that will get you beat no matter who you're playing.

Reactions: NUpride
Thats his 'thing'.....guys gatta look smart to his cat.

says the dude who claims we are on our way to being Alabama and posted these musings on the Michigan board prior to us playing them

[QUOTE="GoBluePureMichigan, post: 4501054, member: 78439"]UPDATE.....

I believe that within 5-6 years that having Nebraska on your schedule will be like have to face Alabama or Ohio State right now.

'Scary Good'.

Consistent 'ass kick' good

A Saturday that you look forward ward to in a painful kind of way.

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Reactions: bmb81664
says the dude who claims we are on our way to being Alabama

[QUOTE="GoBluePureMichigan, post: 4501054, member: 78439"]UPDATE.....

I believe that within 5-6 years that having Nebraska on your schedule will be like have to face Alabama or Ohio State right now.

'Scary Good'.

Consistent 'ass kick' good

A Saturday that you look forward ward to in a painful kind of way.
[/QUOTE]
Yea hope that doesn’t happen so you can be right, that would be way better.

Yea hope that doesn’t happen so you can be right, that would be way better.[/QUOTE]

didn;t say i don't hope it will be true ... I just don't believe it

would you be willing to bet any amount of money that we win a national title in the next 5-6 years??

Yea hope that doesn’t happen so you can be right, that would be way better.

didn;t say i don't hope it will be true ... I just don't believe it

would you be willing to bet any amount of money that we win a national title in the next 5-6 years??[/QUOTE]
Nope, but I sure won’t be rooting against it.

There were also about 3 ways the coaches could've won the game.
1. Get Aaron Williams out of there.
2. Eat some clock after recovering the onside kick.
3. Kick the f#cking FG

And then you would be critical if:

1. Backup gives up 99 yard td...A williams is our best safety....if you really knew football you would wonder why they constantly had Williams 1 on 1 with NW best wide out...not many safeties can cover 1 on 1...but then you would have to wonder why we couldn't get to the QB when we blitz 6, because if we get to the qb williams looks fine...and then you wonder how do we have so many poor defensive players...and then you wonder, is this the same team that gave up 55 a game the last four games last year....and then it all makes sense.
2. Not sure on 2, seemed they ran it down as far as they are comfortable...remember they were going for a 1st down.
3. They miss the field goal

Reactions: oldjar07
Well they didn't and I also don't like how he says the team deserved to win, because they didn't. Northwestern deserved it just as much. When you turn the ball over in key areas, that's how other teams beat you even if you're outplaying them. That and the playcalling on 3rd and 4th downs is still horrendous on both sides of the ball. It was 3rd and 6 one play on their side of the field and we call a low percentage fade play. That's the kind of things that will get you beat no matter who you're playing.
Dude, seriously... all you do is bag on the coaches and the team. They didn’t deserve to win?

Those kids played their butts off and for you to say they didn’t deserve to win shoes how lousy you can be. You bitch and moan all the time... northwestern sucks, thorson sucks, Michigan isn’t great, blah blah blah!!!

If all you’re gonna do is piss and moan, why post? I’ve never seen you post anything positive, other than “I think Frost will turn it around.” That’s the most positivity I have seen out of you.

I know it’s bad form to question a regular poster’s fandom, but you REALLY make it hard not to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT