ADVERTISEMENT

Frost reaction to players leaving?

I have no idea about this guy, but here's more details:

college football fan
@Genetics56
Since
@mitchsherman
lacks any details. Truth? Adrian Martienz wanted the starting job handed to him in 2022 and Frost said no. rest is history. Jurgens told Frost he is going pro and Frost disagreed he was ready. Now folks will act like Earth is burning down.
Jurgens is not ready

I imagine frost will be on the hottest seat in the country to start next season. The stress he is under is going to not always manifest in a polite way.
Then wtf was the point of keeping him? At that point, it's all on Trev.

Reactions: nu2u
I am a Nebraska fan first and foremost. That does not mean I have to support a coach when he is having such heated conversation with departing players that the dam AD has to cancel a business trip because little Scottie is acting like a 5 year old. i don’t know who the hell you are or how you were raised but acting like a child when you are 40+ years old towards young men shows an extremely lack of leadership not only in front of the departing but also in front of the current players. He has lacked leadership on the field and off the field since day 1. Remember post Purdue presser? Again my ties are to the greater dam good of the program and Scott acting like such a big ass that the dam AD has to babysit is not good by any means.

The transfer portal is a dirty game. Make no mistake. even worse then recruiting. But it’s part of the game now. roll with the Good and bad but be a dam man And not a little bitch.

what I don’t understand is the fans that are so dam ride or die Frost that they can ignore the 4 terrible seasons, the current awfulness of our recruiting. Undoubtably the worst in school history since web services or hell magazine coverages of recruiting. And all of this childness and lack of leadership. Why? Cause he QB’d us to A title one year? That means he’s entitled a blind eye? Guys that’s nepotism and I don’t roll that way. If you think that means that makes me not a fan cause I actually care about the program and not the coach, then you have a lot to figure out in life and I can’t help you
Are you sure that this is even true?

You're pretty upset about something that could be nothing more than a click bait rumor..

I don't think the fans decide who is head coach, that's more the university that does that.
like I was against hiring frost, not because I disliked him, but because he only had 2 years hc experience...
but that didn't keep the university from hiring him.

I think there's 3 reason frost is round
1. he didn't get blown out in any games
2. I think the university understand the dangers of being strung out on the coaching carousel
3. the problems might get fixed with new offense and special teams coaches.

I understand folks bitching and moaning...3-9 is bad. but the university looks at a lot of things besides bitchin and moaning on social media.
heck I conclusively shown a downward trajectory over decades since we abandon the run and went pass happy.
and the university thinks it's more appealing to folks to be pass happy then win games...

so I understand the desire to express discontentment on social media...but it needs to be bridled somewhat,
so one doesn't come off like a west coast type person...thats not a good look for anyone.

Mitch is a sensationalist douche that has taken numerous quotes by players and coaches out of context recently for clicks.

Frost can be a confrontational dick and say dumbass things.

The players are leaving right? So what does it matter anyway?

Nothing burger served up by the biggest hack around.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

is anyone of consequence leaving? if so, I missed it.

Trev dgaf, neither do I, and it's Frost's job to deliver bad news.

free ride's over, losers! sayonara! frankly would tune in to a ppv of frost or trev fist fighting players on their way out. great way to fund new facilities/NIL deals!

Last edited:
Reactions: redwine65
is anyone of consequence leaving? if so, I missed it.

Trev dgaf, neither do I, and it's Frost's job to deliver bad news.

free ride's over, losers! sayonara! frankly would tune in to a ppv of frost or trev fist fighting players on their way out. great way to fund new facilities/NIL deals!
Frost hides when threatened.

• Haha
Reactions: donahues17
1) I think both Frost and AM should have been shown the door after this season. Everyone in the program deserves better than what these two consistently delivered over the last 4 seasons.

2) The original tweet reeks of a huge pile of made up drama having it's origin in a small kernel of truth

Actually, he's the original.

Truth. (Though I do agree with a lot of it). Frost comes across as the most stupidest, lunk head around but he does have heart and I’ll give him that. He sucks and failed, and hopefully he’s realized it (though the ST’s comment he made was an example of how stupid he is).

I’m now more worried - and have been for quite sometime - that the AD department itself is filled with the stupidest and most pathetic people that have consistently failed to realize that the older boosters will all die someday and the next generation of NU boosters/alumn will gladly not donate because why should they?

Truth. (Though I do agree with a lot of it). Frost comes across as the most stupidest, lunk head around but he does have heart and I’ll give him that. He sucks and failed, and hopefully he’s realized it (though the ST’s comment he made was an example of how stupid he is).

I’m now more worried - and have been for quite sometime - that the AD department itself is filled with the stupidest and most pathetic people that have consistently failed to realize that the older boosters will all die someday and the next generation of NU boosters/alumn will gladly not donate because why should they?
"most stupidist" post I've read today...I think. I take it that you didn't take AP Composition in high school.

Scott did not like AM leaving
And then there is a story that Scott told AM that he should transfer...so who knows the truth.

Sometimes transferring is a good thing. It has worked out for Kade Warner at KSU. He has played quit a bit the last part of the season...and has become a leader. Kade was also a case where many on here bad mouthed his playing. But Kade won by leaving. Working on his masters....getting to play....and KSU is playing in a bowl game. I think he still has that extra year left too. It would be great it AM ended up at KSTATE too!

And then there is a story that Scott told AM that he should transfer...so who knows the truth.

Sometimes transferring is a good thing. It has worked out for Kade Warner at KSU. He has played quit a bit the last part of the season...and has become a leader. Kade was also a case where many on here bad mouthed his playing. But Kade won by leaving. Working on his masters....getting to play....and KSU is playing in a bowl game. I think he still has that extra year left too. It would be great it AM ended up at KSTATE too!
Kade's biggest asset had been his hands, his blocking and usually being in the right spot. He had a couple of drops in the endzone that probably cost us at least one game and maybe two. I'm happy that he's done okay at KSU, but he's too small to play TE and too slow really to be a P5 WR. There's a reason he was a walk on.

I am a Nebraska fan first and foremost. That does not mean I have to support a coach when he is having such heated conversation with departing players that the dam AD has to cancel a business trip because little Scottie is acting like a 5 year old. i don’t know who the hell you are or how you were raised but acting like a child when you are 40+ years old towards young men shows an extremely lack of leadership not only in front of the departing but also in front of the current players. He has lacked leadership on the field and off the field since day 1. Remember post Purdue presser? Again my ties are to the greater dam good of the program and Scott acting like such a big ass that the dam AD has to babysit is not good by any means.

The transfer portal is a dirty game. Make no mistake. even worse then recruiting. But it’s part of the game now. roll with the Good and bad but be a dam man And not a little bitch.

what I don’t understand is the fans that are so dam ride or die Frost that they can ignore the 4 terrible seasons, the current awfulness of our recruiting. Undoubtably the worst in school history since web services or hell magazine coverages of recruiting. And all of this childness and lack of leadership. Why? Cause he QB’d us to A title one year? That means he’s entitled a blind eye? Guys that’s nepotism and I don’t roll that way. If you think that means that makes me not a fan cause I actually care about the program and not the coach, then you have a lot to figure out in life and I can’t help .
Kade's biggest asset had been his hands, his blocking and usually being in the right spot. He had a couple of drops in the endzone that probably cost us at least one game and maybe two. I'm happy that he's done okay at KSU, but he's too small to play TE and too slow really to be a P5 WR. There's a reason he was a walk on.

the reason is his last name. nothing more.

if he were named 'Wilson', he'd already have his meaningless degree and be making cold calls.

Then wtf was the point of keeping him? At that point, it's all on Trev.
The amount of his buyout and the fact that he was a national champion QB here and beloved by the fanbase. If nebraska hired houston nutt instead and he had the same results, hed have been fired after the 3-5 covid year

Last edited:
One has to admire to how quickly Frost went from running things down there, to now having very little authority and being the little slap around bitch.

AD is running the program from behind the scenes, enough so that reportedly a couple of players go directly to him with concerns now.

Big reduction in buyout money and now players telling him to get bent..

There is a saying about this, something about the fall from the top to the bottom being harder and faster than what people expect.

Kinda feel bad for Scott, except that he did all this to himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackbones
One has to admire to how quickly Frost went from running things down there, to now having very little authority and being the little slap around bitch.

AD is running the program from behind the scenes, enough so that reportedly a couple of players go directly to him with concerns now.

There is a saying about this, something about the fall from the top to the bottom being harder and faster than what people expect.

SF caused his own problems.

Selfish players! Choosing to leave the team after winning 10 conference games*?

* played over a combined four seasons.

I think Trev is saying the right things that puts the oweness on frost (“these are Scott’s choices for coaches”) so when he has to fire him Trev’s political capital isn’t diminished and his clock still has plenty of time on it

All while maneuvering the chess pieces

Reactions: NikkiSixx
I think Trev is saying the right things that puts the oweness on frost (“these are Scott’s choices for coaches”) so when he has to fire him Trev’s political capital isn’t diminished and his clock still has plenty of time on it

All while maneuvering the chess pieces
Personally, I’m more comfortable with Trev running the program. I’ve seen four years of Scottie overseeing it and I’m not impressed. I know many are, but that’s just me…

The ones that stay because they care about winning, care about their teammates, and want to work hard to accomplish that are the only ones that matter to me.

Best of luck to the ones that move on. It’s best for both parties when people move on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT