ADVERTISEMENT

12-14 scholarships need to be dropped

A lot of guys will move on when they hear they are still 4th or 5th on the depth chart. Do you want my best guesses?
Also not sure how current your # is. I dont track that so I could list guys who already are known to be gone that may or not be in your 85.
Either way we wont be over the limit by the time it matters and we will honor guys schoarships to the university of Nebraska if they wish.
Players will leave on their own with coaches encouraging some. This is why Casey Thompson makes no sense. And Kong may not have an epic rant in one player who may leave because the TE room is too stacked to move him there.

Part of this was answered in my other post. Heard Fidone is a little shaky. Piper perhaps, but his injury was severe. If we had guys in place to replace Ervin and IGC, I wouldn't be sad at all if they left, but I don’t think we do... On the other side you have guys who aren't very good but won't be asked to leave, such as Bullock, the OL guys, Buschini, etc. The guys I'm more concerned with losing are the young and talented guys like Syncere and Fields. Sure they've had some discipline issues, but it's something that needs to be managed to get guys who actually have talent on the field.

As for the guys who won't pan out, the most likely are the 5.5 3 star guys, and they all seem to be appropriately rated. I have provided these specifics before, and people still like to bitch about it just because they don't like the facts.
Our entire OL should be sent packing as dead wood? That would leave Coach Raiola with just his incoming Freshman and a few walk on to launch the #1 QB in America era at Nebraska.

Our entire OL should be sent packing as dead wood? That would leave Coach Raiola with just his incoming Freshman and a few walk on to launch the #1 QB in America era at Nebraska.
I'm not the one who made the list. That was Leodisflowers. If you have a problem, take it up with him.

Reactions: dragonraider1
Players will leave on their own with coaches encouraging some. This is why Casey Thompson makes no sense. And Kong may not have an epic rant in one player who may leave because the TE room is too stacked to move him there.
IF Thompson comes back it likely wouldn’t be on a scholarship. He’s eligible for a walk on NIL deal. He’s not even in the portal though.

We should probably leave this up to the staff. Just because you don’t like a guy doesn’t mean that the staff doesn’t. Tough decisions ahead because I only see a couple of guys who I don’t think can play going forward. My guess is post spring depth chart will induce some departures.
So don’t respond. Jeez dude. It’s like you can’t handle the message board and topics at hand. Never did I say I didn’t like any of our players. Relax or just don’t click on the thread.

• Haha
Reactions: BTF69
So don’t respond. Jeez dude. It’s like you can’t handle the message board and topics at hand. Never did I say I didn’t like any of our players. Relax or just don’t click on the thread.
I’m completely relaxed. It’s a pertinent topic. I’m just not fond of naming names. Thats all. You’re entitled to your opinion.

We can do it like when Bo was here and be close to the number, but when fall camp came some would leave or be booted and we'd be self sanctioning and end up below 85.

I'm not the one who made the list. That was Leodisflowers. If you have a problem, take it up with him.
Please accept my humble apology oldjar. This old Dragon was intending to pee on Leodis's flowers rather than your rhubarb I guess. Sorry. BTW, I would rinse that rhubarb dang good before you make your favorite crisp recipe. :)

Hey all. Assuming all sign tomorrow as anticipated we will be 12-14 players over. Any early guesses who will be leaving in the portal or go on nil scholarship?
Something to keep in mind ... NCAA rules require an institution to give written notice by July 1 to any scholarship student-athlete whose scholarship the school is not going to renew for the next year. Any student-athlete who gets one of these letters has the right to appeal the decision to a faculty group that must be made up of individuals outside the athletic department. The kids almost never win the appeals.

So we may get some clarity come July 1.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Who cares, it will sort itself out come fall camp.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Reactions: Gary.Busey
We should probably leave this up to the staff. Just because you don’t like a guy doesn’t mean that the staff doesn’t. Tough decisions ahead because I only see a couple of guys who I don’t think can play going forward. My guess is post spring depth chart will induce some departures.
OWH lists their scholarship roster as updated 12/15/2023. Hold the kids that came in last year harmless and strike a dozen kids from the remaining. It gets hard around a dozen.

Reactions: dinglefritz
OWH lists their scholarship roster as updated 12/15/2023. Hold the kids that came in last year harmless and strike a dozen kids from the remaining. It gets hard around a dozen.
Some that would be tough cuts are going to leave because of depth chart position.

Just because a player leaves doesn't mean they were ran off. Kids get homesick. Kids get hurt. Kids don't want to go to class. Kids get in trouble. Oversigning just allows Rhule to raise the commitment and expectation level. You have to really be all in.

Just because a player leaves doesn't mean they were ran off. Kids get homesick. Kids get hurt. Kids don't want to go to class. Kids get in trouble. Oversigning just allows Rhule to raise the commitment and expectation level. You have to really be all in.
Did you mean all N.

Sorry, not sorry. Had too.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I looked at the roster and I was having a hard time cutting 12-14 so was curious if anyone else had any guesses based off previous performances
When a team has had losing records for the last six or seven years, I’m sure there are plenty of players that aren’t very good. You would have a hard time cutting 12-14? I would have a hard time cutting 1, maybe because neither you nor I have a clue who deserves to stay or go. But the coaches probably know today and will for sure after Spring football.

BTW if there is a fear that the coaches created this logjam, keep in mind we still are working through the extra time granted to “Covid” players and many other coaches not named Deion have the same issue. Rhule could have done a Deion and run off large numbers a year ago. I’m glad he didn’t and am sure he will feel sorry when needed reductions are made, but he will do what has to be done.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT