ADVERTISEMENT

Frost quotes...

I'll say again. Maybe the team would be more "bought in" if they weren't coached into failing. Like running wide from the shotgun on third and inches or covering really good receivers with linebackers or getting picked apart by a QB standing in the pocket for 10 seconds without dialing up something different.

I was watching N. Ill/Toledo last night and thinking both teams were playing what looked like football and were apparently well-coached. Made me sad NU so often looks out of place or downright confused.

I continue to be disappointed that with all the NFL experience this staff has, it does not translate to putting a well-oiled machine on the field. HCSF needs to spend more time pointing the thumb.

I'll say again. Maybe the team would be more "bought in" if they weren't coached into failing. Like running wide from the shotgun on third and inches or covering really good receivers with linebackers or getting picked apart by a QB standing in the pocket for 10 seconds without dialing up something different.

I was watching N. Ill/Toledo last night and thinking both teams were playing what looked like football and were apparently well-coached. Made me sad NU so often looks out of place or downright confused.

I continue to be disappointed that with all the NFL experience this staff has, it does not translate to putting a well-oiled machine on the field. HCSF needs to spend more time pointing the thumb.
The NIU team we blew out?

Toledo’s coach literally let them run hurry up and dump off a pass to a RB down the middle with no hope of a first down and no timeouts to let time expire down 3 in field goal range.

Like, one of the worst coaching jobs you’ll ever see at the end of a game.

Shit on the staff all you want but if you say Toledo looks well-coached you’re not doing your credibility any favors.

giphy.gif

We don't know which players aren't excited. Maybe they are already sitting. We also don't know that using this language without naming names may get the entire team to wonder "is it me he's talking about? Maybe I should increase my intensity".

Let the man do his job.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I do think this is a bit of Frost trying to deflect. It may be true, but not something that needs to be said out loud to the press. Handle your business internally.

This is some sort of coach speak. I just have no idea what it means. Frost is kinda weird with the media imo.

I do think this is a bit of Frost trying to deflect. It may be true, but not something that needs to be said out loud to the press. Handle your business internally.
Think he tried that last year and things got worse this year. Think he is just tired of it and not going to be play the PC game any more. I think he should go a step further and call out players by name. You don't want to be known to Nebraska fans or the nation as a lazy, slacker do what you are getting a scholarship for, to play football or get out. Find another school to pay your way.
Now it is one things to give your all 100% of the time and just not have the god given talent. It is another to just stop caring or trying.

Think he tried that last year and things got worse this year. Think he is just tired of it and not going to be play the PC game any more. I think he should go a step further and call out players by name. You don't want to be known to Nebraska fans or the nation as a lazy, slacker do what you are getting a scholarship for, to play football or get out. Find another school to pay your way.
Now it is one things to give your all 100% of the time and just not have the god given talent. It is another to just stop caring or trying.
No on calling out players publicly by name. That would be bush league IMO. YES on calling them out in a one on one meeting. Schedule a meeting and calmly let them know that they were disappointing the staff and their teammates with their attitude or lack of effort.

Reactions: WHCSC
This is some sort of coach speak. I just have no idea what it means. Frost is kinda weird with the media imo.

For the most part he handles it OK but he needs to take a page from Frank and keep it very simple, such as "The guys moved around well today". Comments like "Best Monday/Wednesday practice ever" have made him and the team look kinda silly after getting embarrassed over and over again.

Regarding the "vast majority" I do think what he said was coach speak. If he says everyone is excited to play Wisconsin, and we happen to get embarrased AGAIN, this would be a bad look.

And then Nebraska would get destroyed on the recruiting trail by every team in the country with negative recruiting.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT