ADVERTISEMENT

Frost might not be the Coach-

Yeah, Tannor and Breon Dixon were supposed to be dominating by now, along with Cam Jones and CJ Smith in our defensive backfield.

This staff has not shown they can develop players. They walked into a gold mine a UCF, a roster full of Florida speedsters that played a schedule of teams like East Carolina and UConn.
I've got news for you. Frost recruited a BUNCH of talent to UCF too and they're still playing well. Not as well as when Frost and Chinander coached them but they've got talent left by Frost.

Reactions: Marcellis
Yeah, Tannor and Breon Dixon were supposed to be dominating by now, along with Cam Jones and CJ Smith in our defensive backfield.

This staff has not shown they can develop players. They walked into a gold mine a UCF, a roster full of Florida speedsters that played a schedule of teams like East Carolina and UConn.
That staff also inherited about 6 NFL players and recruited an NFL QB in Mackenzie Milton prior to his injury. Frost had to add a few pieces and he caught lightning in a bottle. This is a much harder rebuild than UCF was.

Personally I'm done counting anyone under a 4 star as a commit. Going rate for a top 10 team is 40 4 and 5 star players on your 85 man roster. So right now Scott has 4 commits in my book. He needs to get to 10 by February.

I think Scott needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and say goodbye to his buddies Chinander, Walters, Ruud, Austin, and Verduzco and hire some good coaches. Thankfully Held, Fisher, and Beckton are all good coaches so it won't be a complete staff overhaul.
3 star guys aren't commits? You are an idiot and know nothing about recruiting. Go root for Alabama

Reactions: Jimmy Frank
That staff also inherited about 6 NFL players and recruited an NFL QB in Mackenzie Milton prior to his injury. Frost had to add a few pieces and he caught lightning in a bottle. This is a much harder rebuild than UCF was.
I'm not sure Milton was going to an NFL QB before the injury but he was a great college QB.

3 star guys aren't commits? You are an idiot and know nothing about recruiting. Go root for Alabama

Agreed, except for the idiot part. I don't know how someone can talk about not getting Alabama talent as the problem and then turn around and ask for half the coaching staff to be fired.

I've got news for you. Frost recruited a BUNCH of talent to UCF too and they're still playing well. Not as well as when Frost and Chinander coached them but they've got talent left by Frost.
Frost inherited a ton of talent. Tre'Quan Smith, Jordan Akins, Trysten Hill, Mike Hughes, and Shaquem Griffin are all currently on NFL rosters. Milton who I give Scott a ton of credit for finding was going to be an NFL QB prior to his injury. You put 6 NFL guys on a Group of 5 team and they are going to dominate.

Frost inherited a ton of talent. Tre'Quan Smith, Jordan Akins, Trysten Hill, Mike Hughes, and Shaquem Griffin are all currently on NFL rosters. Milton who I give Scott a ton of credit for finding was going to be an NFL QB prior to his injury. You put 6 NFL guys on a Group of 5 team and they are going to dominate.
They weren't headed to the NFL before Frost and his staff coached them. Milton I don't think had the arm strength or size to be an NFL QB but I could be wrong. Loved watching him play.

Huh?

You might want to revisit the Chinander UCF years. They have been better off without him.

Reactions: g18sugar
Sorry but most of the problems are COACHING!!!! Yes we are hurting for players but this is complete lack of effort and effort comes from leadership. Which in football is coaching!!!!!!!!!
Well...You nailed it right there.

Hmmm....."I think Scott needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and say goodbye to his buddies Chinander, Walters, Ruud, Austin, and Verduzco and hire some good coaches."

Did you mean something else there?
I never said that? Link the post where I did??

Last edited:
Huh?

You might want to revisit the Chinander UCF years. They have been better off without him.
Whose recruits are playing right now at UCF? Chinander's and Frost's ffor the most part.but never mind their record this year. They got beat by Cincinati. Maybe they would be better off with Frost and Chinander?

Our trench play is just so bad. 3 returning starters on the OL. A very veteran DL. At some point, some heads need to roll.
We lost probably our 2 best O linemen last year. I notice you didn't say we have 3 GOOD returning starters on the O line. The D line is almost always 3 against 6. What are they supposed to do IF the linebackers make bad fits and miss tackles? Hell half the time opposing offenses don't even have to block our inside linebackers. They take themselves out of the play.

We lost probably our 2 best O linemen last year. I notice you didn't say we have 3 GOOD returning starters on the O line. The D line is almost always 3 against 6. What are they supposed to do IF the linebackers make bad fits and miss tackles? Hell half the time opposing offenses don't even have to block our inside linebackers. They take themselves out of the play.

I ripped the LB play in a different thread. Just hideous all around.

Who's recruits are playing right now at UCF? Chinander's and Frost's ffor the most part.but never mind their record this year. They got beat by Cincinati. Maybe they would be better off with Frost and Chinander?

Why are they a package deal?

And Frost lost to Troy last year. They would be better with Frost at HC. And, they are better off without Chinander.

Also, Cinci would beat the crap out of this Nebraska team. In fact, we better be careful because we get them next year. Luckily at home.

Of course, none of the above means anything about Frost looking in over his head in a big boy conference.

Oregon won 9 games. I'll be shocked if Scotty beats a team that has a winning record.
I was shocked we beat Northwestern given how bad our O line and linebackers have played. I figured our kicker would cost us that game.

Why are they a package deal?

And Frost lost to Troy last year. They would be better with Frost at HC. And, they are better off without Chinander.

Of course, none of the above means anything about Frost looking in over his head in a big boy conference.
I don't think Frost is canning Chinander so yes they're a package deal. He's a year and a half in. Let's give him some time to recruit some guys like he had when he took over AND left UCF. This last class has some good looking kids in it. The Nelson kid is going to be a stud at OLB. Did you see him just demolish that TE? Ouch. He's making too many mistakes but man he's going to be a good one IMO. Then look at the MLBers redshirting right now. IMO, Frost hoped to do better this year than we are BUT I think he's really shooting for 2 years for now just because of the roster he inherited. I think the reality of the situation hit home pretty hard for him last fall.

He's a year and a half in. Let's give him some time to recruit some guys like he had when he took over AND left UCF. This last class has some good looking kids in it. The Nelson kid is going to be a stud at OLB. Did you see him just demolish that TE? Ouch. He's making too many mistakes but man he's going to be a good one IMO. Then look at the MLBers redshirting right now. IMO, Frost hoped to do better this year than we are BUT I think he's really shooting for 2 years for now just because of the roster he inherited. I think the reality of the situation hit home pretty hard for him last fall.

Hopefully he’s not shooting for 2021. He will be lucky to make a bowl game with that schedule. If he doesn’t win the West next year...and that’s a huge IF with his results thus far..... he will be fully on the hot seat going into year 5.

Hopefully he’s not shooting for 2021. He will be lucky to make a bowl game with that schedule. If he doesn’t win the West next year...and that’s a huge IF with his results thus far..... he will be fully on the hot seat going into year 5.
Huh? Hot seat if he doesn't win the west next year? Good heavens how much have you had to drink? His first last second class would only be juniors and he'll be on the hot seat? Really? I think you almost HAVE to give a head coach 4 recruiting classes unless the recruiting has been obviously awful, the on field play has been obviously awful, or he acts like a Pelini. We're 3-3 with winnable games in front of us. MOST people who actually watched practice preached all summer and fall that a bowl game was the goal for this team. Not win the west. A bowl game this year. Next year IMO won't be much better with all of the redshirt freshmen and sophomores who are going to have to play.

We have a long way to go and it's on the players AND the coaches.
They should all see it pretty clearly now.
As much as us fans want to win everything and win everything right now, I am afraid college football has gotten so competitive all across the board that it is really hard to ever see Nebraska being a true powerhouse again. Especially if the paying business goes through. I am afraid that benefits the big city colleges the most, simply due to all the publicity perks.
We have the most loyal fans and we are probably the most hungry fans there ever has been, but the equality craving, losing so much, the spoiling, and the lifting of players win or lose all together has created a recipe for disaster in Lincoln.
I don't want it to be true and these may just be stupid drunk words, but if a coach who followed a legend, a coach who won a superbowl, a coach coming off of winning a national championship, a coach who won a canadian league championship & also had an entire lifetime of coaching experience, and a local national championship winning qb who is touted to be an offensive genius and quite the winning record in his own coaching history can' t get it done... Well, we have no hope folks. I refuse to believe it and will be a husker till death no matter what, but this is where I feel we are at.
Hope for the best, support what you believe in, expect the worst. ‍♂️

So, who did you quote?

Personally I'm done counting anyone under a 4 star as a commit. Going rate for a top 10 team is 40 4 and 5 star players on your 85 man roster. So right now Scott has 4 commits in my book. He needs to get to 10 by February.

I think Scott needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and say goodbye to his buddies Chinander, Walters, Ruud, Austin, and Verduzco and hire some good coaches. Thankfully Held, Fisher, and Beckton are all good coaches so it won't be a complete staff overhaul.

TheNewNU

Huh? Hot seat if he doesn't win the west next year? Good heavens how much have you had to drink? His first last second class would only be juniors and he'll be on the hot seat? Really? I think you almost HAVE to give a head coach 4 recruiting classes unless the recruiting has been obviously awful, the on field play has been obviously awful, or he acts like a Pelini. We're 3-3 with winnable games in front of us. MOST people who actually watched practice preached all summer and fall that a bowl game was the goal for this team. Not win the west. A bowl game this year. Next year IMO won't be much better with all of the redshirt freshmen and sophomores who are going to have to play.

Read it again. I said year 5 knowing full well year 4 he will likely get his ass handed to him in multiple games. And yes, if he goes four years not winning the west his seat will be hot in year 5.

Read it again. I said year 5 knowing full well year 4 he will likely get his ass handed to him in multiple games. And yes, if he goes four years not winning the west his seat will be hot in year 5.
You said "IF he doesn't win the wet next year his seat will be hot". Maybe you didn't word it exactly the way you wanted but there's no way with the schedule we have that his seat will be hot next year if we don't win the west unless we have another 4-8 record. I think MOST reasonable people understand now how big the rebuild is.

I think Frost & his staff have a long way to go before proving they belong in the big 10. If the recruiting services are correct Nebraska gets the best classes almost every year in the big 10 west but never finish there.

Let’s face it players are not developing and depth is pitiful. Those big 10 west recruiting classes should be producing. It’s the same ol story over & over & over.

This is a quote from Steve Sipple.....
" It's a one-week season, Scott Frost told his players last week.

Pour everything you have into the week's practices, he told his guys. Do the same in Saturday night's game.

In considering the Nebraska football team's myriad issues, the fact the Huskers didn't seem to respond to their coach's words ranks high atop the list of concerns."

Reactions: bomber89
You said "IF he doesn't win the wet next year his seat will be hot". Maybe you didn't word it exactly the way you wanted but there's no way with the schedule we have that his seat will be hot next year if we don't win the west unless we have another 4-8 record. I think MOST reasonable people understand now how big the rebuild is.

You should read it again. I said he would be on the hot seat in YEAR 5 if he doesn’t win the West next year knowing full well he is likely to get his ass handed to him in 2021.

Minnesota is a good team, not great, but good and WAY better than Nebraska tonight.

2 games ago...Minnesota had one of the worst rushing attacks in the country averaged just 2.6 yds per carry.

Last night, Gophers rushed for 322 yds and averaged 6.6 yds per carry.

Minnesota may not even be a good team (let alone a great team) and that should be the cause of concern. (Let alone a Husker offense that is averaging just 8 pts per game for the last 3 games).

Remember, one of Frost's weaknesses at UCF was the lack of targeted recruiting in both the OL and DL...as it normally gets worse as he focuses solely on skill players and/or can't develop the DL especially that he brings in.

Reactions: g18sugar
2 games ago...Minnesota had one of the worst rushing attacks in the country averaged just 2.6 yds per carry.

Last night, Gophers rushed for 322 yds and averaged 6.6 yds per carry.

Minnesota may not even be a good team (let alone a great team) and that should be the cause of concern. (Let alone a Husker offense that is averaging just 8 pts per game for the last 3 games).

Remember, one of Frost's weaknesses at UCF was the lack of targeted recruiting in both the OL and DL...as it normally gets worse as he focuses solely on skill players and/or can't develop the DL especially that he brings in.

Why are you here? We get it. We don’t have the luxury of playing a shitty schedule like UCF.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT