ADVERTISEMENT

Frost might not be the Coach-

I actually agree to an extent because I see Frost as a guy who will stand by his coach buddies no matter what. If he's unwilling to part ways with a lot of them, then things will probably not get much better.

Rinse repeat rinse repeat rinse repeat

Been saying the same thing for years. And still nobody cares.

I don't know if Frost's "style" is great as a CFB he doesn't curse at his players, and to be honest, they play like a bunch of wimps. But he has some cache and can (possibly?) recruit his way out of this.

If not then Nebraska = ND and SD except we play in a P5 Conf. Hate to say it, but true.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
This wasn't unexpected, this team right now can't do anything right against good teams.

Our trench play is just so bad. 3 returning starters on the OL. A very veteran DL. At some point, some heads need to roll.

These guys have been bad or their entire careers, why would it improve now?

Need to flip the roster again.

And the fact is we could become a has-been, with a nice coach, who can't inspire his guys other than to some bygone era these kids don't care about anymore. Like being held to the gold standard when you are fools ghetto gold.

Reactions: jeans15
If he isn’t the coach for The Huskers then possibly nobody is.

Seriously? Nebraska has fallen so far from the Nebraska Way, it isn't even funny. Wisconsin is now the Nebraska Way. If it ever becomes time for Frost to go, NU has shown that it is willing to pay for a coach. What NU hasn't shown is the willingness to pay a known commodity to come to NU. One with P5 head coaching experience and a resume of success.

Bull sh##. We started our backup QB. 3 of our top safeties are out with injuries. Our best offensive threat Wandale is out now. We're a mess but this isn't all on the coaching.
When Nebraska shows they can play defense it is then we have a chance of becoming better. This defensive staff is maybe the worst we have had in the last ten years and that is disturbing

I think NU fans are like battered women. They know its not going to change, it keeps getting worse but yet they cant leave.

Sorry but most of the problems are COACHING!!!! Yes we are hurting for players but this is complete lack of effort and effort comes from leadership. Which in football is coaching!!!!!!!!!

1. No proven winner will come to Nebraska now. Death trap.

2. Frost might be too nice needs to get in his player's asses these guys are so soft. He doesn't curse at anybody though, super nice guy, so we have that going for us.

I've seen guys put in the right place on defense and not make the play over and over. We need some more talent and some guys that have been in the system for a bit

When Nebraska shows they can play defense it is then we have a chance of becoming better. This defensive staff is maybe the worst we have had in the last ten years and that is disturbing

I think NU fans are like battered women. They know its not going to change, it keeps getting worse but yet they cant leave.

Why pile on the defense? It has not been that bad, other than this game and OSU. What is the common denominator there, though? Well, we have 0 points now on offense and had only 7 against OSU. Maybe the defense isn't the entire problem.

Seriously? Nebraska has fallen so far from the Nebraska Way, it isn't even funny. Wisconsin is now the Nebraska Way. If it ever becomes time for Frost to go, NU has shown that it is willing to pay for a coach. What NU hasn't shown is the willingness to pay a known commodity to come to NU. One with P5 head coaching experience and a resume of success.
Not even Nick Saban or Urban Meyer can fix this. We need culture to be established and with all due respect to current roster, more talent. This will take two more years for something that resembles a competitive team.

I am not a coach or an expert. Just a simple fan. Followed Husker football since 1965. All I know is what I see. A really bad football team. Who is to blame? I have no idea. None. Zero.

All I do know is this. I am done. I have better things to do with my life. This isn’t worth it anymore. It used to be fun. Exciting. Now it is a chore.

Gonna take a break from this shit fest. I will be back when it’s fun again. I guess four years?

That's pretty clear unfortunately. We need more talent, especially on the lines, but this is just a poorly coached, undisciplined team.

Frost is a very confident guy, bordering on cocky. I think he underestimated what the transition to P5 football would be like. He has a couple guys on his staff that have no business coaching here.

I think he is a great offensive schemer and play caller. And I still think he can be a great/elite coach. Not going to call for heads or anything until at least the end of year 3. This is his team. But I'd feel a lot better about the direction of the program going forward if he realizes it and is willing to adapt.

Reactions: Chuck003
I am not a coach or an expert. Just a simple fan. Followed Husker football since 1965. All I know is what I see. A really bad football team. Who is to blame? I have no idea. None. Zero.

All I do know is this. I am done. I have better things to do with my life. This isn’t worth it anymore. It used to be fun. Exciting. Now it is a chore.

Gonna take a break from this shit fest. I will be back when it’s fun again. I guess four years?
We have to root for a bowl game. That's all we can hope for this season, but it's something.

Not even Nick Saban or Urban Meyer can fix this. We need culture to be established and with all due respect to current roster, more talent. This will take two more years for something that resembles a competitive team.

Bullshit. Both Saban and Meyer could come in here and make this team competitive against Minnesota. I mean, we beat their asses last year with the current staff and pretty similar roster.

I went out to dinner tonight because I knew this would be a one sided wipeout, got home just to see the comments here tonight. Don't go away from the board though, Pennsy, it's always good to have you around.

Last edited:
Reactions: yunginsNU2

We had a competitive team the 2nd half of last season. We led Ohio St at halftime on the road, almost beat Iowa on the road, beat Michigan State, blew out Minnesota.

Somehow we have regressed quite a bit since then.

I actually see some hope. It looks to me that Scott is pissed off. Maybe he will start kicking some ass. I would rather go down in flames than keep playing the players who play half ass and keep getting penalties. I see the Warner kid was in on the TD drive. We need kids who will play hard

Ohio State? Colorado? South Alabama?
What's your point? I never said we were going to be undefeated at this point like MINNESOTA IS. They have multiple NFL players on their roster including 3 WRs who we have to game plan for. They have a veteran solid O line and they're abusing our linebackers. That's it in a nutshell. Our O line is very weak and we're not great at RB to go with all of our injuries.

Reactions: Baxter48
What's your point? I never said we were going to be undefeated at this point like MINNESOTA IS. They have multiple NFL players on their roster including 3 WRs who we have to game plan for. They have a veteran solid O line and they're abusing our linebackers. That's it in a nutshell. Our O line is very weak and we're not great at RB to go with all of our injuries.

My point is you can't use the excuse of injuries for most games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT