ADVERTISEMENT

Frost just said about Martinez

Husker.Wed.

Athletic Director
Feb 13, 2004
Omaha Metro
When talking about the missed passes in the beginning of the game that Adrian is having some issues the fans don't know about and he is courageous just being out there (or something like that). I wonder if his jaw got busted or it is something else? Anyway, if your QB is not performing due to injury (or anything else), then maybe we should go next man up.

Supposedly Martinez had a boot or heavy wrap on one ankle during a fan pic earlier in the week.

That's not on AM. But it is absolutely on Scott Frost. If your guy can't go, you need to have the backup ready. No qualified backup? Again, that's all on the head coach.

When talking about the missed passes in the beginning of the game that Adrian is having some issues the fans don't know about and he is courageous just being out there (or something like that). I wonder if his jaw got busted or it is something else? Anyway, if your QB is not performing due to injury (or anything else), then maybe we should go next man up.
Excuses, zzzzzzz.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
We've witnessed this situation before, under several different coaches, and it continues to aggravate me. If QB #1 is hurt, or otherwise not on his game, QB #2 needs an opportunity to show his stuff.

Joe Ganz WHERE are you?! 😥

Reactions: BleedRed78
Scott wanted Minnesota to respect AM’s ability to scramble, which it sounds like he is limited in doing.

This reminds me of the other Martinez, when Taylor’s ankle was so screwed up he had to just stand back there and throw it.

We really should look for QBs that can throw first. Leave the running for running backs. The QB just has to make the right decisions quickly and distribute the ball.

I don’t care for Frosts excuses anymore.. he’s had 4 years to build a roster of his guys.

I have something brewing that I will write about tomorrow.

We are all done with hearing what Adrian is "going through" Scott! This isn't some drama, soap opera, movie or feel good story.....this ain't freakin RUDY!!!!!

You have one job and that's to WIN and you have FAILED!

Supposedly Martinez had a boot or heavy wrap on one ankle during a fan pic earlier in the week.

That's not on AM. But it is absolutely on Scott Frost. If your guy can't go, you need to have the backup ready. No qualified backup? Again, that's all on the head coach.
D.G.A.F.

It's always some BS excuse.

Why don't we have a #2 QB ready to go?

Seems like we have teams kick out ass about 4x a year with their #2/#3 QB.

Why don't we have another kicker ready to go if you believe Culp really has a hip flexor injury? Is there nobody on campus that can hit a PAT?

Time to turn the page.

Reactions: SeaOfRed75
We've witnessed this situation before, under several different coaches, and it continues to aggravate me. If QB #1 is hurt, or otherwise not on his game, QB #2 needs an opportunity to show his stuff.

snyder and northwestern old coach seems to allways have plain label qb's who could pass

Adrian’s jaw is jacked up. He has some bands or something. I wouldn’t doubt if he had something wrong with his ankle either. There were very few designed runs for him today.

frost shit the bed by not really going after a quality backup last cycle. Adrian has gotten hurt 4 years in a row now.

Does he? We know nothing about our backups and I actually liked what I saw from smothers at Mich st maybe kid is a winner
If he was worth anything don’t you think he would have gotten time instead of masker?

you guys are basing your judgement off of him being average against our 4th string defense in the spring

If he was worth anything don’t you think he would have gotten time instead of masker?

you guys are basing your judgement off of him being average against our 4th string defense in the spring
We know nothing. Literally. Masker at NW had more to do with not running it up. Until
A back up is inserted into real game situations we know nothing

Ugh. Trying to defend Martinez by suggesting he is hurt just further embarrasses Frost. Don’t care if he has a severed limb. If he is out there, he is supposed to perform. If he can’t, replace him. Somebody please fire Frost and save him from his own terrible press conferences. Shit is exhausting.

But, on 3rd and goal from the 6 inch line AM was well enough to run into a massive pile of humanity, instead of using one of your 4 healthy RBs?

Adrian’s jaw is jacked up. He has some bands or something. I wouldn’t doubt if he had something wrong with his ankle either. There were very few designed runs for him today.

frost shit the bed by not really going after a quality backup last cycle. Adrian has gotten hurt 4 years in a row now.

Frost shit the bed by not going after a quality starter last cycle...

This shouldn't be about Adrian alone. I have heard constant complaining of not having RBs ready walk on WRs, no kickers and a lot of talk about how "young" our O linemen are. Think about it, the best O line in Frosts tenure was the one he inherited. He also had a very good WR in Stanley and a RB in Ozigbo.

So who has truly been "developed" since then? People can only use the "cupboard was bare" excuse so long. It's the HC and the assistants job to get players developed and ready to play. It seems to me, we are and have been severely lacking in those departments. After 4 years we have no backup we trust at QB or even someone who can kick an extra point? Something is seriously wrong somewhere.

Stfu Frost. You had plenty of time to get another QB and chose not to. AM should've been pulled at least twice. I've seen enough of Smothers to say he should've gotten a chance.

Reactions: Baxter48
And the cycle prior. AM flat sucked that season also
I think AM having a decent/good true freshman season hurt recruiting. How do you recruit a good passing QB when you run so much? How do you convince a top tier recruit your going to unseat a true freshman starter ?And how to you convince a head coach to think there's a better option. A la Joe Burrow comment "you think he's better than what we got" but that 's on frost who can't tell between Martinez and Burrow. I.E chicken shit and chicken salad. Player evaluation is a under appreciated coaching skill.

Reactions: huskersdewclaw

We don't have another Joe Ganz wainting in the wings.

No shit. Stop with this secrecy bullshit. Just come out and say he is hurt and that you need to go with a backup. Then when you lose, people are going to understand.

Instead he wants to try to be sneaky and hide everything and when it goes tits up he just sounds like he is making excuses.

Absolutely braindead

No shit. Stop with this secrecy bullshit. Just come out and say he is hurt and that you need to go with a backup. Then when you lose, people are going to understand.

Instead he wants to try to be sneaky and hide everything and when it goes tits up he just sounds like he is making excuses.

Absolutely braindead
If he's hurt, what's the backup plan?

It's entirely predictable he would be hurt.

He was hurt his whole senior year of high school.

And his freshman year here.

And his soph. year here

And his junior year here.

And apparently this season as well.

What's the plan?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT