ADVERTISEMENT

Frost and Nebraska Approaching Deal?

Assuming this happens and true....Frost will either hit it big and keep progressing or he will fail for jumping to the big boys to fast. Two full seasons as HC?? normally all you guys would be crying and pouting about this type of hire and we needed a more proven coach. Since it’s Scott Frost (a former Husker) and he’s having a good season. Is all gravy baby. We shall see.

I’m not against the hire but I was hoping we would go after all the big fish and settle with the one we can pull off. Maybe Frost and his one good season in the American conference is our “Big time coach”....as some of you claim that he is. Worst part is, the season isn’t even over with. What happens if this weekend UCF gets beat soundly and lose out the rest of the way and then they get placed against power 5 school and lose big in the bowl game....is he still a Big time hire??

Serious question, because it could happen. He is a 2nd year coach and has a long ways to go to learn still. Again, I’m not against Frost or the hire (assuming it does happen) but I wanted to see a full out search first.

Assuming this happens and true....Frost will either hit it big and keep progressing or he will fail for jumping to the big boys to fast. Two full seasons as HC?? normally all you guys would be crying and pouting about this type of hire and we needed a more proven coach. Since it’s Scott Frost (a former Husker) and he’s having a good season. Is all gravy baby. We shall see.

I’m not against the hire but I was hoping we would go after all the big fish and settle with the one we can pull off. Maybe Frost and his one good season in the American conference is our “Big time coach”....as some of you claim that he is. Worst part is, the season isn’t even over with. What happens if this weekend UCF gets beat soundly and lose out the rest of the way and then they get placed against power 5 school and lose big in the bowl game....is he still a Big time hire??

Serious question, because it could happen. He is a 2nd year coach and has a long ways to go to learn still. Again, I’m not against Frost or the hire (assuming it does happen) but I wanted to see a full out search first.

I see Frost as a rising star who has learned from amazing coaches and played on both sides of the ball. Considering his Husker ties, I see no downside.

He has the top offense in the nation and conducts practice the way we used to. No sense in over thinking it.

Espn is cutting back even today. Ratings are down across the board and as in UCF case their stadium is half full but it is still on tv. The markets such as Florida are aleady saturated with P5 games , in the future you will see less games from non P5 conferences

I agree with this. At some point in the relatively near future a “smorgasbord” of channels will be offered. Essentially channels will sell direct and cut out the middle man. Imagine. BTN offers a direct subscription without a provider. You have full access to BTN on any device, with ability to stream live with an Apple TV, fire stick, Roku, etc. think about it this way. I get something like 1000 channels through Comcast. I watch maybe 35 of the 1000 (if that) on a regular basis. If I could just get subscriptions to the one’s I actually watch that would drastically cut down my cost and at worst be a break even for the channels I choose, at best would be a big profit for those channels. To think about it another way, just imagine TV channels like magazines. The same thing that happened to print media will happen to TV. You’ll just purchase subscriptions to what you want. When this happens, non-P5 conferences are going to see a drastic drop because they will be forced to rely on their own conference channels which will probably not have wide enough distribution to be sustainable. Channels like ESPN won’t pick them up unless they are playing a P5 team because there won’t be enough subscriptions to support thos teams. Overall ESPN is a loser in all of this because you’ll be better off buying “lower tiers” like the BTN and all of the other conference networks instead of ESPN. If you buy BTN you’ll be able to watch every BTN game all season long. They will stream them all. It’s coming... sooner rather than later.

You once played in a dead conference too.
Look Bizzy we understand your angst, UCF is a program trying to make a name for itself and you feel Frost is the guy who is going to make that happen. Who knows stranger things have happened where a guy like Frost stays where he is for personal reasons. Peterson did it at Boise State for awhile until the draw of major conference was too much

I dont think that is going to happen however and I think we land Frost here as our new coach. But enough with these insults we do not wish UCF ill will. its not our fault we are in the running for Frost, other teams were after him also

If you lose him and the program is solid it will continue to progress but dont sweat what none of us control

I agree with this. At some point in the relatively near future a “smorgasbord” of channels will be offered. Essentially channels will sell direct and cut out the middle man. Imagine. BTN offers a direct subscription without a provider. You have full access to BTN on any device, with ability to stream live with an Apple TV, fire stick, Roku, etc. think about it this way. I get something like 1000 channels through Comcast. I watch maybe 35 of the 1000 (if that) on a regular basis. If I could just get subscriptions to the one’s I actually watch that would drastically cut down my cost and at worst be a break even for the channels I choose, at best would be a big profit for those channels. To think about it another way, just imagine TV channels like magazines. The same thing that happened to print media will happen to TV. You’ll just purchase subscriptions to what you want. When this happens, non-P5 conferences are going to see a drastic drop because they will be forced to rely on their own conference channels which will probably not have wide enough distribution to be sustainable. Channels like ESPN won’t pick them up unless they are playing a P5 team because there won’t be enough subscriptions to support thos teams. Overall ESPN is a loser in all of this because you’ll be better off buying “lower tiers” like the BTN and all of the other conference networks instead of ESPN. If you buy BTN you’ll be able to watch every BTN game all season long. They will stream them all. It’s coming... sooner rather than later.
Yep and I believe this will once again reshape college football. Smaller schools have benefited form the overall glut of CFB on TV. Once that goes away then these schools no longer will be on TV on a regular basis. Recruits/Players like being on TV it will push these players even more towards the major confer schools and dilute the talent level at the smaller schools. The playing field which became more level will again be tilted towards traditional name teams with large fan followings ( Like NU)

Reactions: cthoend
Come on now z2, how are valuable channels like the Gem channel, Mall channel and CookHD going to survive without being propped up by people who subscribe to Dish and Direct primarily for news and sports??

And Lars Anderson is?????? Never heard of the guy other than people posting his tweets on here. Is he the guy from Alabama?

Lars Anderson is a highly qualified...Viking.

It's funny how we all make fun of how women gossip. :D

To be a Debbie Downer, this was all leaked because Frost isn't coming here, so Moos can say "Welp, I tried." and then move on.

(Not that I believe it, just sayin...)

Well, look at it this way...you'll still be playing in front of more fans.

Besides...by my count, there are 31 Wendy’s in the Orlando area, so Bizzle can pick up a frosty to remember the good times

wendys-frosty-chocolate-and-vanilla.jpg

No one on here knows Lars? He's a Lincoln Southeast grad from the late 80s (like me). I don't know what he knows or how he knows it but he's not one to pop off without knowing what he's talking about. I'd go as far as to say this is the most credible information posted on this site in awhile...

Thank you, Glove. I was scanning the thread to see if anyone else posted in defense of Lars before I added my $.02. I don't know him personally, but we have friends in common. He's a damn good sportswriter and highly credible as you say. Not only a native Nebraskan and Lincolnite, but not one to go for the "scoop" without solid sources. He even threw out the "not a breaking-news guy" disclaimer.

Those calling him a "guy from Alabama" or trying to discredit him for working with Bleacher Report need to pump the brakes. Even if you think he should have kept quiet, be happy that his tweet seems to indicate that we're about to get what we want.

Reactions: Husker-NJ
Big school with a great recruiting base in a nice city. I think they have a bright future regardless.
They've always been a big school with a great recruiting base in a nice city. The last 2 years aside, which are anomolies historically...why are they still who they are?

Those calling him a "guy from Alabama" or trying to discredit him for working with Bleacher Report need to pump the brakes. Even if you think he should have kept quiet, be happy that his tweet seems to indicate that we're about to get what we want.
Some of us are trying to get the hysterical ones to "pump the brakes".Winking And Bleacher Report is often notoriously wrong.

Last edited:
It's because just like all the tweets of Chip to Florida and Frost to F

Some of us are trying to get the hysterical ones to "pump the brakes".Winking And Bleacher Report is often notoriously wrong.

Oh now you want to be that guy? Why weren't you that guy when Tanner Lee was going to be the #1 draft pick during the pre-season?

Reactions: Huskercigar
Nothing's official until the the press conference is held so until then people can tweet whatever they want and it's speculation. I'll believe it when I see Frost standing at a podium with a big red N on his hat....ok it can be a white N too....or black. What the hell pink works for me.

And even for some coaches making it to the PC doesn't guarantee it. Pig Sooey!
hqdefault.jpg

I'm not so eager for this to happen. I watch only about 20 networks (I am considering all ESPN as one, for example). If individual networks charge subscription fees like Netflix does ($10.99 a month now), then my cable service doubles. And when my cable company can't bundle my cable service with my internet, the latter of which I will need to stream, then my internet rate is going to skyrocket too.

Scott Frost, pen in hand and ready to sign a contract with Nebraska, suddenly notices his Twitter feed about this and calls it all off. He subsequently signs instead with a program with a more disinterested following. Damn you, Lars Anderson! ;)

In all seriousness, I’m expecting Riley and company to be fired after the Iowa game and Frost to get announced shortly thereafter.

The announcement will be that HC Mike Riley is retiring.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT